Zaporozhye State Medical University
Zaporozhye State Medical Academy was founded in the year 1903 in Odessa for Women Pedagogic courses specially. A few year later in 1921, it became Chemical-Pharmaceutical Institute; in 1921 it was reformed to State Pharmaceutical Institute; in 1959 it was then transferred to the city of Zoporozhye and renamed to Zoporozhye Pharmaceutical Institute; in 1964 the faculty of general medical was started and it became to be known as Zoporozhye Medical Institute. Finally, in the year 1994 it got level IV accreditation from the government of Ukraine and is now called as Zaporozhye State Medical University. ZSMU, Zoporozhye today is among the few top medical colleges in Ukraine that imparts medical and pharmaceutical education to Ukrainian and foreign students from around 42 countries. Zaporozhye State Medical Academy works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. The university has recognition from WHO (World Health Organization) & NMC (National Medical Commission). Zaporozhye State Medical University offers bachelors, masters and specialist courses to foreign students too in English medium which is the reason hundreds of Indian students choose it every year for MBBS in Ukraine. Zaporozhye follows the education system adopted in rest of Europe and is a part of the Bologna process.
MBBS Fees in Zaporozhye State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,200 / INR 3,64,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 32,200 / INR 22,54,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Zaporozhye State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University
Zoporozhye State Medical University’s ranking has seen a steep incline in the past few years due to the superior quality of medical education and great infrastructure. The academic staff for teaching MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University comprises of 675 teachers which includes 120 professors, 444 associate PhD professors and several honory workers and prize winners in field of medicine from Ukraine. The teachers engaged in training Indian students at the university have excellence in their individual fields of training and and are also very proficient in English language. The duration of MBBS in English medium at Zoporozhye State Medical University is 5 years 8 months (Often called as 6 years in general). During the first 3 years of MBBS at university, Indian students learn most of the theoretical subjects. The last 3 years of MBBS course are inclined toward clinical rotation classes and practicals. Indian students get the opportunity to visit various city hospitals and interact with local patients admitted there. Their assessment of performance is done by doctors in hospitals based on their diagnosis and reports submitted. The MBBS fees in Zaporozhye State Medical University is much less as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. There has been a huge increase in the number of applications and enrollments of Indian students who chose Zaporozhye for medical education in English medium and wanted to get MBBS admission in Ukraine.
Zaporozhye State Medical University Hostels
Zaporozhye State Medical University hostels are located in close vicinity of the university in center of city. The university has separate hostels dedicated for providing accommodation to foreign students from India. These hostels have better infrastructure and facilities as compared to other hostels. The hostels are situated at a walking distance from university main building. Zaporozhye hostels are equipped with modern facilities like CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety systems and round the clock security. Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or blocks within the hostel. Students can choose from 2 or a 3 seater room variant subject to availability and these are allotted on first come first serve basis. Each room is pre equipped with beds, bed sheets, study table, chair, lamps, wardrobes before the arrival of new students every year. Reading hall, sports gym, internet cafe, etc. are also located within the hostel premises. Indian mess is already functional in hostel and students can choose to have meals from mess on a monthly and yearly basis. Meals are provided thrice a day i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Indian students can choose between vegetarian and non vegetarian meals. Zaporozhye university also organizes various recreational, sports and cultural events every year and students take part is such events actively. With such a large community of Indian students in Zaporozhye, major Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi and Eid are also celebrated by students every year. Choosing Zaporozhye to study MBBS in Ukraine has proved and will also prove to be one of the best decision taken by upcoming students in future.
Zaporozhye State Medical University Faculties
Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the few MBBS colleges in Ukraine that is solely dedicated for training students in only medical field. The faculties available at university are faculty of general medicine, pediatrics, dentistry and pharmacy at undergraduate level. Postgraduate and premedical courses are also available at the university which can be chosen by local as well as Indian students. As of today, the university has 42,000 students enrolled in various undergraduate, postgraduate and internship courses. Among these more than 2,900 students are from 42 different countries who are studying various medical disciplines in English medium. A majority of foreign students is comprised of students from the Asian subcontinent, especially from India. Among all faculties in medical stream, the faculty of general medicine receives the most number of students every year and most of them are from India. Indian students can also benefit from the various exchange programs at university during their MBBS in Zaporozhye to learn about new advancements in field of modern medicine. The university currently has exchange cooperation programs with major medical universities of Europe and students can utilize these during their vacations The total number of MBBS seats is fixed before the beginning of each admission session and hence, interested and eligible students must apply well in time here to secure a confirmed seat for studying MBBS in Ukraine.
Zaporozhye City in Ukraine
Zaporozhye (Aka. Zaporizhia) is the administrative capital of the Zaporozhye state of Ukraine. The city was earlier known as Aleksandrovsk and is situated on the bank of Dnieper River. Zaporozhye is located in the south eastern part of Ukraine and the major cities located nearby are Dnipro, Donetsk and Kryvyi. The city is of regional and industrial importance with many steel, automobile and aircraft engine manufacturing companies located here. Being the capital of Zaporozhye state of Ukraine, the city has dozen of higher education institutions with Zaporozhye State Medical University just being one of them. The city has modern and good infrastructure and is well connected to nearby cities through road, rail and air routes. For transport within the city, trams, trolley buses, buses, vans, taxis are always available. The city witnesses moderate winters with temperatures ranging between +5 to 6 degrees Celsius. The summers are very pleasant with temperature falling between +20 to +30 degrees Celsius. The population comprises mostly of native Ukrainians and Russians. The local Ukrainian population is very friendly with foreign students and this creates a perfect balance between affordability, lifestyle and quality education for students to choose MBBS in Zaporozhye.
Why to study MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the top medical universities in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Zaporozhye is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Zaporozhye too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Zaporozhye State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Zaporozhye State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Zaporozhye are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Zaporozhye State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Zaporozhye State Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Zaporozhye have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- The city of Zaporozhye in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Zaporozhye, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.