West Kazakhstan State Medical University (Kazakhstan)
West Kazakhstan State Medical University was established in 1997 and is located in the city of Aktobe. The university is named after Marat Ospanov who was a Kazakh politician and took part in declaration of independence of Kazakhstan. West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University (Aktobe) offers the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan for 2022 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 14.49 Lacs) as compared to most universities. The process of MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan is very straight forward and simple with minimal documentation involved.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. WKSMU (Aktobe) is one of those higher education institutions of Kazakhstan that receives a good number of Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in various fields of medical education. Apart from being a preferred destination, the university actively contributes to research and scientific activities in all fields of medicine.
West Kazakhstan State Medical University ranks on 8th position among all medical colleges in Kazakhstan. The low and affordable course fees makes it the most favored place for students from several neighboring countries to choose it for MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 3,500 students studying in various fields of medicine and hundreds of teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are engaged in training these students. WKSMU (Aktobe) offers numerous exchange programs with renowned universities of Russia, Ukraine & European countries for the benefit of students.
What is the total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is 14.49 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Aktobe for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 3,800 / INR 2,66,000
- Total Fees : USD 20,700 / INR 14,49,000
* The MBBS fee structure of West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in West Kazakhstan State Medical University (Kazakhstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS admissions in Aktobe are confirmed on a first come first serve basis. Hence, it is advised to book your seat as soon as possible if you are eligible.
How to apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is West Kazakhstan State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, West Kazakhstan State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University (Kazakhstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as West Kazakhstan State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of West Kazakhstan State Medical University in Kazakhstan ?
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University ranks on 8th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Kazakhstan. It is an attractive destination for Indian students and also is among the top medical universities of Kazakhstan that provides superior medical education in English medium and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
WKSMU, Aktobe is the undoubtedly one of the best medical colleges of Kazakhstan which was established in the year 1997. Being just a 24 years old medical college of Kazakhstan, it has gained immense popularity in a short span of time among foreign students. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students who are studying general medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in West Kazakhstan State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Aktobe was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kazakh teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in WKSMU, Aktobe ?
The faculties at West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University (Kazakhstan) that are active currently and provide training (In graduate, post-graduate & diploma courses) to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Public Health Care Faculty
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
- Faculty of Post-Graduation
The faculty of general medicine has the maximum staff engaged in it’s management and is the most active among all faculties at university. It receives the a good number of applications from Indian students for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan. The university campus is well established and has several buildings for training in different specialties. WKSMU (Aktobe) has a couple of government hostels to provide accommodation of foreign students (from India specially). Some new hostels have also been built recently that provide better facilities to foreign citizens as compared to the old university hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in WKSMU, Aktobe ?
The classes for Indian students in West Kazakhstan State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in West Kazakhstan, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in West Kazakhstan State Medical University for Indian students ?
All hostels for Indian students in West Kazakhstan State Medical University are situated within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All West Kazakhstan State Medical University hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Aktobe.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of West Kazakhstan State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- West Kazakhstan State Medical University organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in WKSMU, Aktobe paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kazakhstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University, Kazakhstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- WKSMU (West Kazakhstan State Medical University) ranks on 8th position among all medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being just a 24 years old medical university of Kazakhstan, WKSMU witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at WKSMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The total duration of MBBS in Aktobe is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries like Russia & Ukraine.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is straight forward and simple with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh.
Steps after MBBS from West Kazakhstan State Medical University (Kazakhstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from West Kazakhstan State Medical University, Kazakhstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from WKSMU, Aktobe have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Aktobe City :
Aktobe is the administrative capital of Aktobe province in the western region of Kazakhstan. The city is located along the Iles river and has 2 water reservoirs viz. Aktobe & Sazdy. The city is situated close to the Russian border and the nearest Russian city is Orenburg (Approx. 200 kms.). The city used to be known as Aktyubinsk till 1999 and is still referred by this name by many people. The development of energy resources, agriculture & ranching are the major pillars that have helped the city in it’s development & growing economy. Aktobe is well connected to nearby major cities (Moscow, Bishkek & Tashkent) through an airport as well as railway track. The city also has a well maintained public transport system for travel within the city.
Aktobe is the 4th most populated city of Kazakhstan and has a population of over 5 Lac people with 80% of them being Kazakhs and approx. 15% Russians too. Aktobe has a number of government & private higher education institutions including a military academy & a medical university. The city attracts huge number of students from several foreign countries (Majorly from India) who wish to pursue MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University. Average cost of living in city is quite lower as compared to other major cities of Kazakhstan. Aktobe witnesses a humid continental climate with quite warm summers (Up to +30 Degree Celsius) and quite cold winters (Up to -15 Degrees Celsius).