Volgograd State Medical University (Russia)
Volgograd State Medical University was established in the year 1935 and is located in the city of Volgograd which is the capital of Volgograd state of Russia. VSMU (Volgograd State Medical University) offers an affordable MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Volgograd for 2022 (September) is moderately priced (Indian Rupees 27.42 Lacs) in comparison to other major universities in the Russian Federation where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Volgograd is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
VSMU (Volgograd State Medical University) functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation. The university currently offers training in several graduate, post-graduation & specialty courses in field of medicine, dentistry & pediatrics. The university has more than 400 Indian students studying medicine in English medium. It has been more than 15 years when Volgograd State Medical University (Russia) started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for Indian students.
>Volgograd State Medical University ranks on 9th position among all Russian universities that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). It is one of the most reliable medical colleges in Russia that attracts many students from India & many other countries every year due to it’s superior standards of education. The university is a popular choice among Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Russia. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities related to field of medicine and several other fields of education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Volgograd State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Volgograd State Medical University is 27.42 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Volgograd for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100
- Total Fees : USD 39,180 / INR 27,42,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Volgograd State Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Volgograd State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Volgograd State Medical University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Volgograd soon as limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Volgograd State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Volgograd through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Russia and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Volgograd State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Volgograd State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Volgograd State Medical University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Volgograd State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Volgograd State Medical University in Russia ?
Volgograd State Medical University ranks on 9th place among all medical institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. It is among the top medical universities of Russia that provides medical education in English and a very friendly environment for foreigners. In the past few years, the university has gained a lot of popularity among Indian students especially due to it’s skilled English teaching faculty.
VSMU (Volgograd) was established in 1935 and is a renowned and very old medical university of Russia. The university receives huge number of students from all countries every year with most them being from India. At present, more than 400 Indian students are pursuing medical education in the Volgograd State Medical University. It is one of the best medical colleges of Russia that provides medical education to foreign students in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Volgograd State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Volgograd State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spends full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Volgograd State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Volgograd for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Volgograd.
What are the teaching faculties in VSMU, Volgograd ?
The faculties at Volgograd State Medical University (Russia) that are active at present and provide training to Russian & foreign (Indian) students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Medical Biochemistry Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Dentistry Faculty
- Faculty of Preparatory/Language Course
- Faculty of Post Graduate Courses
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate, clinical residency, Ph.D & diploma courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. Many government hostels are available to provide accommodation to Indian students & students from other countries. The hostels are located close to the university main campus at a walking distance. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Volgograd State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in VSMU, Volgograd ?
The classes for Indian students in Volgograd State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Volgograd, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Volgograd State Medical University for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Volgograd State Medical University are available near the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Most Volgograd State Medical University hostels are located near the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance from hostels.
- Indians only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Volgograd.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Volgograd State Medical University organizes several annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments for Indians) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in VSMU, Volgograd paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Volgograd can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Volgograd State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- VSMU (Volgograd State Medical University) ranks on 9th place among all medical universities in whole Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 86 years old medical university of Russia, Volgograd State Medical University witnesses good number of admissions.
- It is one of the reliable choices of Indian students for MBBS in Russia due to it’s ranking, English medium & Indian students community.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Volgograd State Medical University.
- The faculty of medicine at VSMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Volgograd State Medical University for English medium course is affordable for most middle class families in India.
- MBBS admission in Volgograd State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Volgograd State Medical University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Volgograd State Medical University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from VSMU, Volgograd have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Volgograd City :
Volgograd is the capital of Volgograd state of the Russian Federation & is located on the bank of famous river Volga. The city is often considered as the gateway to southern part of Russia. The state shares it’s borders with Voronezh, Astrakhan, Saratov & also few countries viz. Kazakhstan & Kalmykia. Volgograd is an industrial hub for fuel, chemical, oil, tree & food products. The city is home to people from different countries around the world. Some of the famous places to visit in city are Mamaev Hill, Museum Panorama, Destroyed Mill, Pavlov’s House, River Station, etc.
Volgograd is well connected by air, rail & road to Moscow & other major cities of Russia. For transport within the city, trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. which are available at all times. The temperature of city varies from +35 degrees in summers to -15 degrees in severe winters during the month of December & January. Volgograd has many higher education institutions but the most popular course among Indian students is MBBS from Volgograd State Medical University. The city is one of the most peaceful places in southern Russia & has a huge community of Indian students.