Volgograd State Medical University
Volgograd State Medical University was founded in the year 1935 and back then it was started as Stalingrad Medical Institute. It was given the status of university in year 2003. The university functions under the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. The university is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & NMC (National Medical Commission). VSMU is among those medical colleges in Russia which has always been an active participant in various international projects which promote clinical & medical research. This is one the primary reasons international students prefer Volgograd over other MBBS colleges in Russia. Ambassadors from US, India, China, Malaysia, etc. have visited Volgograd State Med. University in the past too. At present , more than 300 Indian students are studying MBBS in Volgograd. The university pays equal importance to research and scientific work in field of medicine apart from the academic training it provides to it’s students. Volgograd State Medical University ranking may not be among the top medical universities in Russia today but it is quite a good destination for students with high standards of education.
MBBS Fees in Volgograd State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100
- Total Course Fee : USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Volgograd State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Volgograd State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University
Volgograd State Med. University is quite popular in Russia as well as among students from India, attributing to the highly qualified teaching staff, researchers & experienced professors. The university is proud of it’s trainers & graduates who have brought fame to it & made it one of the most sought options among students from India for MBBS in Russia. The university has been training foreign students since year 1962. And from year 2000, the university also started complete MBBS course in English medium. It gave hundreds of students from India the opportunity to get MBBS admission in Russia and study in Volgograd State Medical University. The total MBBS fees in Volgograd State Medical University falls well within the affordable budget of a middle class family. The duration of MBBS in Volgograd is 5 years 8 months (Also known by 6 years) in English medium. The first 3 years of MBBS course are dedicated to teaching theoretical subjects, while the last 3 years of course are fully dedicated towards imparting clinical and practical skills to it’s students. During this period, Indian students get the opportunity to visit government hospitals located within the city and interact with local patients there. Students submit their diagnosis to doctors in hospitals for evaluation and marking. The fees of studying MBBS in Volgograd State medical University in English medium course is higher as compared to Russian medium course.
Volgograd State Medical University Hostels
Volgograd State Medical University hostels has 4 main buildings for pre-clinical classes i.e. from 1st – 3rd year of course. And all the clinical classes are conducted in 15 hospitals located in city where cardiology, gynecology, obstetrics, traumatology, surgery, etc. are taught by doctors & professors. Students studying MBBS in Volgograd State Med. University enjoy excellent facilities like an enormous library with more than 7,00,000 books available in different languages, canteens, sports facilities, internet cafes, etc. Indian students are provided accommodation in university hostels equipped with modern facilities. All of the Volgograd State Medical University hostels are located close to the university campus and at a walking distance. The hostels have CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors. All rooms have study tables, chairs, beds, bed sheets, pillows, lamps, wardrobes, etc. pre installed before the arrival of new students every year. Students also can rent a flat / apartment in city, if they do not wish to stay in the Volgograd State Medical University government hostels provided by university. Students enjoy many sorts of events while studying MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University like sports, social & cultural programs, visit to historical places in city, boat tours, sight seeing, sports events, festivals, art performances, etc. Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali & Eid are celebrated by students every year and assistance from university is also provided in organizing them.
Volgograd State Medical University Faculties
Volgograd State Med. University has 9 faculties viz Faculty of General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Pediatrics, Social work & Psychology, Medical Biochemistry, department of post graduation, department of international students & department of preparatory courses. The university has numerous collaboration & exchange programs with foreign universities around the world. Students from India can benefit through such exchange programs and travel to other European countries with their teachers to learn about new advancements in field of modern medicine. Some of them are University of Arkansas (USA), Martin Luther Halle Wittnberg University (Germany) & Albert Ludwigs University (Germany). Apart from these, the university has tie ups with numerous universities in China, France & Belgium. With so many great achievements attached to it’s name and a very competitive fee as compared to other university’s MBBS fees in Russia, Volgograd still remains one of the prime choices for students from India who wish to study MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University. The university is always keen to accept eligible students from different cultures around the world and produce great doctors of future.
Volgograd City in Russia
Volgograd is the capital city of Volgograd State. It is situated in the southern region of Russia. The region is of very much strategic importance and in also the gate to South Russia. The region shares it’s borders with Voronezh, Astrakhan, Saratov & also countries Kazakhstan & Kalmykia. Volgograd is a home to people more than 100 nationalities from around the world. The city is located on the bank of river Volga. Volgograd is an industrial hub for fuel, chemical, oil, tree & food products. Some of the famous places to visit in city are Mamaev Hill, Museum Panorama, Destroyed Mill, Pavlov’s House, River Station, etc. Volgograd is well connected by air, rail & road to all major cities of Russia. For transport within the city, students can use trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. which are available at all times. The temperature of city varies from +35 degrees in summers to -15 degrees in severe winters during the month of December & January. The city of Volgograd has several education institutions in addition to Volgograd State Med. University. The city provides a peaceful and very pleasant experience to Indian students who come to study MBBS in Volgograd.
Why to study MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Volgograd State Med. University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Volgograd is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Volgograd too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Volgograd State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Volgograd State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Volgograd State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Volgograd are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Volgograd, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Volgograd State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Volgograd State Med. University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Volgograd have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Volgograd, Russia.
- The city of Volgograd in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Volgograd, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.