VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
VN Karazin Kharkiv National University is one of the oldest medical colleges in Ukraine & was founded in the year 1804 under the initiative of famous educator VN Karazin. The university works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Numerous popular & famous researchers, scholars and educators have passed out from this university in the past since it’s establishment. VN Karazin KNU, Kharkiv is the only university in Ukraine that has trained 3 noble prize laureats i.e. I. Mechnikov, S. Kuznets & L. Landau. The university provided support & helped the city of Kharkiv to emerge as a scientific & cultural hub in whole of Ukraine during that time. Till date, the university has trained more than 1,30,000 students who are working in different parts of world today. The university is also engaged in research work and has international cooperation pacts with leading European and world universities. It cooperates with 61 partners in 25 countries around the world for student exchange programs. Being a diverse university which provides education in various fields of education, it has still been among the top MBBS colleges in Ukraine for national as well as international (Indian) students since decades. At present, more than 400 Indian students alone are studying MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv.
MBBS Fees in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,200 / INR 5,04,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 34,700 / INR 24,29,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
In a rating conducted by UNESCO in 2016, VN Karazin Kharkiv National University ranking is among the top medical universities in Ukraine. The university has 21 schools and 124 departments for providing training to students in various specialties. Studying MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University is one of the departments which witnesses most number of foreign applications (Especially from India) every year. The teachers and professors who train Indian students are highly skilled and experienced in their fields and hold Ph.D degrees. They are also very proficient in speaking & conversing in English with foreign students to provide them the best knowledge during their entire duration of studying MBBS in Ukraine. The total duration of MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University is of 6 years and the medium of instruction is English. During the initial 3 years of studying in university, more importance is given to theoretical knowledge. While during the last 3 years, full emphasis is given to clinical knowledge and hospital duties. Students prepare and submit their diagnosis to doctors for further evaluation and marking. The total fees for MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University is well within the affordable limit when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine.
Kharkiv National Medical University Hostels
VN Karazin Kharkiv National University’s hostels are located in it’s own campus for provided accommodation to students. A separate hostel is assigned for accommodation of Indian students. The hostel is equipped with modern security features, CCTV surveillance systems, fire alarm system and round the clock security. The hostel floors have common washroom and kitchens where students can prepare their own food. Canteen, sports hall, reading hall and sports hall is also available within the hostel itself. Boys and girls are allotted rooms in separate blocks. All hostel rooms are equipped with study table, study chair, beds, bed sheets, pillows, lamps, etc. which are kept ready by the hostel administration before the arrival of new students. Indian mess facility is available for Indian students where they can enjoy Indian meals. Students can choose to stay in the VN Karazin Kharkiv National University hostels or rent a flat somewhere in city by themselves. Students from India also celebrate festivals like Holi, Diwali & Eid in hostel every year under the administration of Student’s body which is appointed by the university for each country. The university organizes various cultural and sports annual events every year for Indian students to take part actively and prove their talents.
VN Karazin Kharkiv National University Faculties
The university has following faculties : Faculty of Medicine, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Ecology, Economics, International Relations & Tourism, Foreign Languages, Geology, Geography, History, Law, Physics, Philology, Philosophy, Psychology, Radiophysics, & Sociology. It also has 3 research institutes and a scientific library having more than 3.5 million books. The university motivates student to also take part in research projects under university and learn new things with it. Among all faculties and departments that are in operation at the university, the faculty of medicine receives the maximum number of applications each year for MBBS admission in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University. The university has students from almost every country of the world with most of them being from the Indian sub continent. It accepts only those candidates who are eligible as per the guidelines defined by university & ministry of education of Ukraine. The university has a history of creating great doctors since it was established. The university welcomes all aspiring & eligible applicants to apply for MBBS admission in Ukraine and be a part of this magnificent university and craft a bright future for themselves to serve the world.
Kharkiv City in Ukraine
Kharkiv is the 2nd largest city of Ukraine and the capital of Kharkiv region of Ukraine. The city is a major educational, industrial, scientific, cultural and transport hub of Ukraine. It is located in the north-eastern part of Ukraine. Kharkiv is located on the bank of 3 rivers viz. River Kharkiv, Udy & Lopan. The city was the capital of Ukraine Soviet Socialist Republic (When Ukraine was part of Russia) and later Kiev was made the capital of region in year 1934. Kharkiv is famous for machinery and electronics market and has hundreds of industrial companies located here for it’s manufacturing. The city witnesses a humid continental climate with snowy winters and dry warm summers. According to ethnicity, 65% of population is Ukrainian & more than 33% are Russians with remaining being from other countries. The city has 13 national universities with Kharkiv National Medical University & VN Karazin Kharkiv National University being the leading universities in city. Some of the main tourist attractions in city are Freedom Square, Dormition Cathedral, Annunciation Cathedral, Derzhprom Building, Taras Shevchenko Monument & Mirror Stream. The city is one of the best cities in terms of connectivity to other cities of Ukraine through road, rail and air route. For transportation within the city metro, trolley buses, trams, taxis, mini vans are available. The city has huge number of foreign students in almost all major universities and is a preferred choice among international students who wish to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Why to study MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv national University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University are as mentioned below :
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kharkiv is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kharkiv too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kharkiv are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv National University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- VN Karazin Kharkiv N. University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Kharkiv have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The city of Kharkiv in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in VN Karazin Kharkiv, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.