Uzhgorod National University
Uzhgorod National University is a classical university that was founded in the year 1945. The university holds level IV accreditation and is one of the largest medical colleges in Ukraine in the Carpathian region. Within a short span of time since it was founded, it has acquired a well deserved reputation among all MBBS colleges in Ukraine. The university has collaboration programs with several prominent medical universities around the world. According to the scientometric report metric data, UNU is among the top 10 leading scientific centers of Ukraine. Uzhgorod National University works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Every year the university holds more than 25 scientific conferences publishes dozens of periodicals & textbooks. These events are attended by foreign nationals too and are published elsewhere in the world too. The university is actively involved in academic as well as research work. The university offers graduate, post graduate & specialty courses in various fields to students from India. At present, more than 300 students from India are enrolled in MBBS in Uzhgorod. Uzhgorod National University’s ranking is among the top medical universities in Ukraine today attributing to the high standard of education.
MBBS Fees in Uzhgorod National University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,850 / INR 3,39,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 30,450 / INR 21,31,500
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Uzhgorod National University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Uzhgorod National University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Uzhgorod National University
The university strives hard to help students realize their full potential and become great doctors in future. At present, more than 15,000 students are studying in Uzhgood National University in Ukraine. The university provides training in bachelors, masters and specialization programs. The university also provides extensive learning of foreign language to foreigners so that they are able to communicate with nationals of Ukraine. The university has the capability and staff to teach 9 foreign language in it’s campus viz. Russian, Ukrainian, English, French, German, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak & Czech. The university is proud of producing more than 150 doctors of science and 136 candidates of science since its inception. The duration of studying MBBS in Ukraine in Uzhgorod is 6 years in English medium. During the first 3 years of MBBS course in English medium, full emphasis is given on theoretical knowledge while the last 3 years of education are fully devoted to clinical classes which involves regular hospitals visits & interaction with patients. The total MBBS fees in Uzhgorod National University is quite less as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. The university pays equal importance to scientific research in parallel with the theoretical knowledge enrichment to students.
Uzhgorod National University Hostels
Uzhgorod National University hostels provide accommodation to it’s own nationals as well as foreign students coming from different countries including those from India. The hostels for international students are better equipped as compared to others. All hostels of Uzhgorod National University have modern security systems, CCTV surveillance, fire alarm systems and round the clock security. The hostels at Uzhgorod National University have separate blocks and floors for boys and girls. All rooms are equipped with study table, study chairs, lamps, wardrobes, beds, bed sheets, pillows, etc. which are provided by the hostel administration. Cafe & gym facility is also available within hostel premises for students to relax. Students can use the wi-fi facility available in hostel too. Indian mess is available within the Uzhgorod National University hostels and students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves can join it any time on monthly or yearly basis. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food options are available to choose from. The university organizes various annual events in singing, dancing, cultural events, sports, etc. for foreign students to showcase their talents and capabilities. Even the festivals of all foreign students are celebrated with joy and enthusiasm every year in hostels and university as well. Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid are no exception too.
Uzhgorod National University Faculties
Uzhgorod National University is not only limited to teaching MBBS in Ukraine, but has numerous sectors in which it provides bachelors and masters courses viz. faculty of general medicine, dentistry, biology, geography, engineering, mathematics, economics, healthcare, information technology, social sciences, philology, physics, chemistry, law and faculty of post graduate education. A large number of foreign national especially from India approach the university every year for MBBS admission in Ukraine to pursue MBBS in English medium. Out of all faculties, the faculty of general medicine is the one that receives most number of applications every year from Indian students for studying MBBS in Uzhgorod. The university works extensively to accept as many eligible students as possible every year in foreign quota. With 86 partners in 17 countries, students really find studying MBBS in Uzhgorod National university very beneficial for their futures. .The university has cooperation agreement with Pomorka Academy in Stutsk, Poland which allows student to visit and study in Poland during their course of education at Uzhgorod State University. The university invites all eligible applicants to apply for studying MBBS in Uzhgorod National University in coming session and be a part of this glorious university.
Uzhgorod City in Ukraine
Uzhgorod is a city located in the western Ukraine that shares its borers with 2 other countries viz. Slovakia & Hungary. The city is the administrative capital of the whole Zakarpattia region and also the capital of the Uzhgorod region. The name of city is derived from the name of River Uzh which separates the city in 2 parts. The city witnesses humid continental climate with cold winters and warm summers. The average temperature in winters ranges between +10 to -5 degrees Celsius will the summers fall between +20 to +28 degrees Celsius. The city is located exactly on the region of Ukraine where it meets the border of Slovakia; and also very close to borders of Hungary & Romania. The majority of population in city is Ukrainians with Russians being the second most population. The city is well connected by road, rail and also an international airport. For transportation within the city trams, trolley buses and taxis are always available. The city is home to thousands of foreign students who come to study in Uzhgorod National University every year. The city and university is very welcoming to international students and invites foreign students to be a part of this prestigious university.
Why to study MBBS in Uzhgorod National University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Uzhgorod National University are as mentioned below :
- Uzhgorod National University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Uzhgorod is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Uzhgorod too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Uzhgorod National University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Uzhgorod National University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Uzhgorod National University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Uzhgorod National University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Uzhgorod are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Uzhgorod, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Uzhgorod National University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Uzhgorod National University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Uzhgorod National University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Uzhgorod have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Uzhgorod, Ukraine.
- The city of Uzhgorod in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Uzhgorod, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.