About Tver State Medical University
Tver State Medical University was established in the year 1954. But strangely, it was founded in the year 1902 when it started as a dental polyclinic & later an institute in the city of St. Petersburg. It was in 1954 that the faculty of general medicine was started and this institute was transferred from St. Petersburg (Earlier called Leningrad) to the city of Tver (Earlier called Kalinin). Tver State Med. University works under the governance of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. TSMU, Tver is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). It’s 70 years now that the university has played a vital role in creating great doctors for Russia & many other nations including India too. Today, Tver State Medical Academy is counted among the finest medical colleges in Russia for medical education as well as scientific research. Indian students can also take part in research activities at university under supervision of their teachers. The university has various building in it’s campus for conducting classes, lectures, practicals, research & laboratory works. At present, more than 500 student from India alone are enrolled and studying MBBS in Tver.
Even before English medium was launched in Tver State Medical University for students willing to pursue MBBS in Russia, there had been a good number of foreign students who chose Tver for MBBS admission in Russia. The reason was quite obvious i.e. it’s close proximity to the city of Moscow. The city of Tver is located about 160 kms. from Moscow and is easily reachable by road & rail. However, with time many other MBBS colleges in Russia started offering English medium courses at a better cost as compared to fees here. The number of students opting to study MBBS in Tver State Medical University has drastically decreased in the recent years, due to the fact that the English medium fees of Tver is on the higher side when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Russia which are even located in metro cities. The duration of MBBS in English medium in Tver is 5 years 8 months (6 years). Indian students learn most of the theoretical subjects during the first 3 years of their MBBS course. While during the last 3 years of course, full emphasis is given to clinical and practical classes where students visit hospitals within city and interact with patients. Students are also required to prepare their diagnosis and submit it to doctors for evaluation and marking.
Tver State Medical University has 6 faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacology, paediatrics, nursing & post graduate education. Students from more than 55 nations around the world are studying MBBS in Tver State Medical University currently with majority of them being from the Indian sub-continent and others from many middle east countries too. Among all faculties, the faculty of general medicine is the one which receives maximum number of applications every year from around the world. The university has numerous students exchange program pacts with some of the most renowned universities in Europe in western part of the world. Indian students can benefit from such programs and travel to different countries with their teachers and learn about new advancements in the field of modern medicine. The university is always open for eligible & aspiring students from Indian sub continent and invites them to choose Tver as their destination for studying MBBS in Russia for a great future that lies ahead of them.
MBBS Admission in Tver State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,000 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 7,000 / INR 4,55,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 42,000 / INR 27,30,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
Study in Tver State Medical University
The university adheres and follows a strict pattern of imparting medical education to students, however it also makes sure that students remember the time spent here while studying in Tver State Medical University as one of the best times of their lives. All Indian festivals & south Indian festival’s too are celebrated with enthusiasm & joy very year. In addition, a cultural event is also organized every year to showcase & bring out the talent among students. Equal time is given to students interested in sporting activities which are organized every year too. Separate hostels are assigned for foreign students which have better facilities as compared to other university hostels. All rooms have bed, study table & chair, lamps, wardrobe, etc. with radiators to keep the rooms warm during winters. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on different floors in hostel. The hostels have CCTV surveillance systems, fire alarm safety system and round the clock security. Indian mess is available within hostel premises and students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves can join mess anytime on monthly basis. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian meals are available in Indian mess. Various excursions & city tours are also organized by Tver State Medical University administration for 1st year foreign students to get familiar with the city.
Tver State Medical University is located in the city of Tver, which is the capital of Tver Oblast. The city was earlier known by the name of Kalinin. It is very well connected to Moscow & St. Petersburg by road as well as rail. The city also has a river station which is located on the bank of river Volga. The city is located at the confluence of 2 rivers i.e. Volga river & Tvertsa river. The city is not among the metropolitan cities of Russia, but has more than 20 universities & branches of some universities located in Moscow too. For transport within the city, students use trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. which are available at all times. The city experiences winter in the months of December & January with temperatures falling up to -20 degrees while the summers are warm and pleasant with temperature reaching up to +35 degrees. The university has a long history of creating doctors for India and is still creating many more of them, who are currently studying MBBS in Tver State Medical University. As the number of MBBS seat in Tver are limited for Indian students, students must apply well in time if they wish to secure a seat for MBBS admission in Tver for September session.
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Tver State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Tver State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Tver is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Tver too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Tver State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Tver State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Tver State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Tver State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Tver are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Tver, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Tver State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Tver State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Tver State Medical University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Tver have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Russia.
- The city of Tver in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.