Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University was founded in the year 1957 as Ternopil National Medical Institute. TSMU, Ternopil is recognized by the WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India) The university is managed and works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. Ternopil National Medical University ranking was 1st in Ukraine according to a recent survey of medical & pharmacy schools (4th accreditation level by Ministry of Health of Ukraine) among all medical colleges in Ukraine and also ranks 8th among all higher education colleges in Ukraine currently. The first batch of foreign students including students from India was enrolled in Ternopil National University in year 1997 for studying MBBS in Ukraine. The university also offers post graduation course in all specialties for international students. The number of students for MBBS admission in Ukraine has been rising exponentially every year since the first batch of students from India were enrolled here. The university offers best of it’s facilities to international students in all aspects viz. English medium education, clinical exposure, hostel facilities, etc. Currently, more than 400 Indian students are studying MBBS in Ternopil.
MBBS Fees in Ternopil National Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,100 / INR 3,57,000
- Total Course Fee (USD) : USD 31,700 / INR 22,19,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Ternopil National Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Ternopil National Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University
Every year the university receives approx. 500 students from different countries around the world for studying MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University. Students are from India, Poland, Nigeria, Arab and many other countries. However, majority of students are from India who choose Ternopil as their destination for studying MBBS in Ukraine. More than 50% of the teaching staff of the university is proficient in speaking English and is highly skilled in teaching international students so as to understand and explain them better. Students from India prefer Ternopil over others because of the low MBBS fees in Ternopil National Medical University and above that, the university provides much better infrastructure, facilities and teaching staff at a cost which is much less when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. The duration of full course of MBBS is 5 years 8 months (often known as 6 years) and is in English medium. The first 3 years of course are dedicated towards helping students achieve theoretical knowledge while the last 3 years of MBBS course are fully dedicated towards learning practical skills and involves spending lot of time in hospitals interacting with patients. Students prepare diagnosis based on their interaction with patients and submit it to doctors for evaluation and marking.
Ternopil National Medical University Hostels
Ternopil National Medical University hostels provide excellent accommodation facilities to local as well as for Indian students. The hostels are located within campus as well as off campus. Ternopil National Medical University hostels for Indian students are well equipped with modern facilities like CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm systems & round the clock security. Indian boys & girls are provided accommodation on separate floors and blocks in international students hostel. Students have the option to choose from a 2 or a 3 seater room subject to availability. All rooms have study tables, study chairs, lamps, wardrobe, lamps, etc set up before the arrival of first year students. Ternopil State Medical University hostels also have cafeteria & gym facility within the premises for students to relax. Indian mess is available within the hostel premises and Indian students can join it on a monthly or yearly basis. Ternopil State Medical University has made various student bodies and appointed head members among them for respective countries too. Students have to compulsorily stay in the government hostel provided by university in 1st year, but from 2nd year they can either choose to continue staying in hostel or rent an apartment within city. These student bodies take care of student affairs within hostel and also manage and organize cultural events, sports events under the order of university. All Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid, etc. are also celebrated here with enthusiasm and joy every year. Festivals of other countries are also organized by their respective students bodies every year.
Ternopil National Medical University Faculties
The Ternopil National Medical University has following faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, preparatory faculty, dentistry faculty & pharmacy faculty. The university also provides specialization in all disciplines for post graduation to foreign students from India. Faculty of general medicine is the faculty which receives most number of students from India every year to study MBBS in Ukraine every year. Indian students studying in university also get the opportunity to benefit from various exchange programs With the cutting edge technology & highly skilled faculty, the university has become one of the best MBBS colleges in Ukraine in the recent years and gained much popularity among students in the Indian sub continent especially. The university has limited number of MBBS seats for English medium course and interested students from India must apply well in time. The academic session begins in the month of September every year. The university invites all eligible and aspiring applicants from India for applying in MBBS program in English medium at Ternopil National Medical University and create a bright future for themselves that lies ahead of them.
Ternopil City in Ukraine
Ternopil city is located in the western part of Ukraine on the bank of River Seret. The city is one of the major cities of western Ukraine and also the capital city of Ternopil state. The city is well connected to nearby Lviv city and other major cities of Ukraine i.e. Kiev & Kharkiv through road, rail & air transport. There are 4 major government universities in Ternopil city and Ternopil National Medical University is one of them. The other being Ternopil National Economic University, Ternopil National Technical University & Ternopil National Pedagogical University. The city is well connected to all major cities of Ukraine through road, rail & air routes. The city has an international airport too & for local transport within city trams, trolley bus, vans & taxis are always available. The city has moderate to cold winters ranging from +10 to -7 degrees and warm summers which ranges from +12 to +35 degrees Celsius. Ternopil city is located somewhat close to the neighboring countries viz. Romania, Poland, Slovakia & Hungary. Every years hundreds of foreign students from India apply for MBBS admission in Ukraine and only the eligible ones get the opportunity to study in Ternopil based on the eligibility criteria set by university.
Why to study MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Ternopil National Medical University is one of the top medical university in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Ternopil is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Ternopil too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Ternopil National Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Ternopil National Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Ternopil National Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Ternopil are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Ternopil, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Ternopil National Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Ternopil have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Ternopil, Ukraine.
- The city of Ternopil in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Ternopil, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.