Taras Shevchenko National University
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev is located in the capital city of Kiev and is one of the top most and most reputed MBBS colleges in Ukraine. The university was established in 1834 and is the 3rd oldest university of Ukraine. It is ranked among the top 500 universities in whole world. During the Soviet Era when Ukraine was also a part of Russia, it was among the top 3 universities of whole USSR along with Moscow & Leningrad universities. Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev has level IV accreditation from Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine which is considered the highest level a university can attain for teaching. The university is named after famous Ukrainian figure “Taras Shevchenko” renowned personality in literature and art. The university functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. The university is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The medical department of the university has been training the country’s young citizens as well as Indian students since decades and that makes it one the best options to study MBBS in Ukraine. Taras Shevchenko National University ranking is current at the top position among all medical universities in Ukraine.
MBBS Fees in Taras Shevchenko National University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,000 / INR 4,90,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 37,000 / INR 25,90,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Taras Shevchenko National University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Taras Shevchenko National University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Taras Shevchenko National University
Taras Shevchenko National University provides bachelors, masters, specialist and doctoral degrees which spans across 14 junior specialist programs, 55 bachelors programs, 49 specialist programs and 98 master programs. Currently, the university has 125 PhD’s and 1,650 post graduates working at the university for providing training in various fields. The teachers and professors that are engaged in training Indian students are very proficient in English language and highly skilled in their fields of teaching. The total duration of MBBS in Ukraine is of 5 years 8 months (Often called 6 years) and is taught in English. During the initial 3 years after MBBS admission in Ukraine, students devote most of their time gaining theoretical knowledge, while the last 3 years of MBBS course are solely devoted to clinical classes that are held in various government hospitals located within the city of Kiev. Indian students get the opportunity to interact with local patients and learn a lot during their last 3 years of MBBS education in university. The total MBBS fees in Taaras Shevchenko National University is slightly higher when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. However, the MBBS fees in Taras Shevchenko National University can still be considered less when the global and country ranking of the university and it’s reputation is taken in to consideration.
Taras Shevchenko National University Hostels
The university has many hostels for providing accommodation to students who come to study at university from different cities of Ukraine as well as from different countries around the world. The Taras Shevchenko National Medical University hostels that are allotted to international students have much better facilities as compared to the one which accommodate locals. The hostels are equipped with all modern facilities, CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm safety systems, laundry, internet cafe, canteen & round the clock security. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors and blocks. All floors have common washrooms and kitchens where students can prepare food anytime. All rooms are pre-equipped with study chair, table, beds, wardrobes, bed sheets, pillows and lamps before the arrival of fresh students every year. Students who do not wish to prepare food can avail the facility of Indian mess which is available within the Taras Shevchenko National University hostels. Vegetarian & non-vegetarian food options are available in India mess and 3 meals are provided in a day i.e. breakfast, lunch & dinner. Reading halls & gym facility is also available within the hostel which can be used by students as per their need. With a huge number of Indian students studying MBBS at Taras Shevchenko National University, the university actively organizes all Indian festival celebrations every year like at Holi, Diwali, Eid, etc. In addition to the above, various sport and cultural events are also held at university annually where students can part and prove their talents.
Taras Shevchenko National University Faculties
The university has dozens of other departments in additions to the faculty of medicine. At present, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev has more than 26,000 students from Ukraine & several other countries (including from India) enrolled in various departments and are completing their respective undergraduate & post graduate programs. The faculty of medicine is the one which receives the most number of applications every year from India. The university has been training international students including from India since several years and hundreds of Indian students have successfully completed their MBBS from this university. All of them are currently well settled in India and practicing medicine while some of them are continuing their post graduation education. The university has a very huge library where all books related to MBBS course in English language can accessed by Indian students for their usage. Being one of the top most medical colleges in Ukraine, the university equally contributes to scientific research work and development. Students from India can benefit a lot from this by being a part of researches and learn about new advances in field of medicine. Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev invites all eligible and aspiring students from India to be a part of this great university. As the number of MBBS seats for each country are limited, it is advised that students must apply well in time to get confirmed seat.
Kiev City in Ukraine
Kiev is the capital city and the most populous city located in the north central part of Ukraine. It is also the 7th most populous city in whole Europe. The city is located on the bank of the River Dnieper. Kiev is is an important educational, cultural, industrial center of Ukraine as well as Eastern Europe. The city of Kiev experiences humid continental climate with average summer temperatures between 24 – 28 degrees Celsius and winter temperatures between 0 to -5 degrees Celsius on an average. According to census data, people from more than 130 nationalities reside in the city of Kiev with more than 80% being native Ukrainians, 13% being Russians and the remaining being from other nationalities. At the UN Climate Change Conference in year 2009, Kiev was the only Commonwealth of Independent States city to be in Top 30 cities Index. Some of the most important places historically as well as for tourists in city are St. Sophia Cathedral, Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Monastery of Caves), Mariyinsky Palace, St. Michael’s Cathedral, Golden gate, World War II Museums, Botanical Gardens and much more. The city of Kiev has excellent local transport facilities like trams, trolley buses, minivans, taxis, metro, funicular, etc. Being the capital city of Ukraine, the city is best connected to all other major cities of Ukraine & internationally too through it’s 2 international airports. The city is welcoming to all foreign citizens and has always been the top priority among students when they plan to study MBBS in Ukraine.
- Taras Shevchenko National University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kiev is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kiev too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Taras Shevchenko National University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Taras Shevchenko National University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Taras Shevchenko National University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Taras Shevchenko National University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kiev are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kiev, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Taras Shevchenko National University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Taras Shevchenko National University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Taras Shevchenko National University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Kiev have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Taras Shevchenko, Ukraine.
- The city of Kiev in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Taras Shevchenko, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.