About Stavropol State Medical University
Stavropol State Medical University (SSMU) was founded in the year 1938. Since then, the university has prepared thousands of skilled doctors who are working all around the world & make the university proud. The Stavropol Statate Medical University functions under the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The research & teaching activities here have been awarded various international awards viz. Earthmaker, European Quality, 100 Best European Schools and many more. Indian students studying MBBS in Stavropol can also learn a lot new by being part of research and scientific activities under supervision of their professors and doctors. The university has been actively involved in training students from Indian sub-continent for MBBS in Russia since more than 20 years now. However, English medium course was started a bit later along with other medical colleges in Russia. The students at Stavropol have the opportunity to travel to different countries in Europe through the student exchange programs with their teachers and learn new advancements in field of modern medicine. Stavropol State Medical University ranking is not among the top medical universities of Russia but it was once one of the preferred destination for India students decades back.
MBBS Fees in Stavropol State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,700 / INR 3,29,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 29,500 / INR 20,65,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Stavropol State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Stavropol State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University
The university remains one of the most sought for MBBS admission in Russia for students from Asian continent. The year 2005 was an important year in the history of Stavropol State Med. University as it was this year, when the university decided to start English medium course for students from various countries around the world. The course was offered at very competitive & low fee as compared to other university’s MBBS fees in Russia. The total MBBS fees in Stavropol State Medical University is slightly higher than other medical universities in Russia which is one the major reasons for less number of Indian students opting for it. The duration of MBBS at Stavropol in English medium is 6 years. During the first 3 years of MBBS course, Indian students learn most of the theoretical subjects of medicine. The last 3 years of MBBS are fully dedicated to clinical and practical classes which are conducted in various government hospitals located within the city. During this period, students get the opportunity to interact with patients and submit their diagnosis to doctors for evaluation. The university use the most modern & sophisticated technology allowing the students to keep themselves up to date with developing medical advances around the globe. Apart from having several buildings, modern libraries & lecture halls, it was has an electronic library with all material available for students in digital format.
Stavropol State Medical University Hostels
SSMU has several hostels for foreign students and various facilities like swimming pool, gym center & sauna for their comfort & leisure time. Boys and girls are provided accommodation in separate blocks and floors. All of the Stavropol State Medical University hostels are equipped with CCTV surveillance, fire alarms and round the clock security. Indian students are provided accommodation in 3 / 4 seater rooms on a first come first serve basis depending on availability. Students can also choose to stay in flat / apartment if they do not wish to stay in Stavropol State Medical University government hostels provided by university. All rooms have study tables, chairs, beds, bed sheets, pillows, blankets, lamps, wardrobes, etc. already set before the arrival of new students every year. All floors and blocks have common washrooms, kitchens and toilets. Students can choose to prepare food by themselves in kitchens provided on each floor. Indian festivals are also organized & celebrated by Indian students along with university help every year. The university also organizes camps on the coast of Black Sea in summers where students & teachers both participate every year. While studying MBBS in Stavropol Medical University, students also get the chance to engage in their hobbies like performing arts, dance, singing, choreography, etc. Those interest in research can also participate in research projects through student’s union projects.
Stavropol State Medical University Faculties
Stavropol State Medical University has 7 active faculties with more than 4,500 students from 35 different countries around the world. Faculty of General Medicine at the university is the oldest among all faculties. Other faculties include Faculty of Pediatrics, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of foreign students & preparatory/language faculty. The medical faculty of university is the most popular among all and has more than 40 departments under it. Most of the doctors working in whole of Stavropol state are graduates who completed their medical education from Stavropol State Med. University only. The faculty of general medicine is the one which receives most number of international applications every year for English medium course. The university is proud of it’s students and the fame that have brought to university. Choosing Stavropol State Medical University among all MBBS colleges in Russia can be a life changing decision and may be the best decision of student’s lives. The university welcomes all eligible students to apply & study in Stavropol State Medical University and create a bright future for themselves to serve humanity.
Stavropol City in Russia
Stavropol city is the capital of Stavropol state and is the agricultural, scientific, industrial, cultural & administrative center of state,. The city is also known as the pearl of Southern Russian. People from more than hundred nationalities live in this region & exchange traditions & culture while living in confidence and peace. The city is often known as Student’s City owing to the fact that it has more than 10 higher education institutes with more than 85,000 students in them. One other name of the city is Gate of Caucasus region as it has a huge density of trees & flowers everywhere in city like squares, parks, streets, etc. The city of Stavropol is well connected by air, rail & road to Moscow & other major cities of Russia. For transport within the city, Indian students can travel by trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. as these are available at very cheap fares. The temperature in summers reaches up to +35 degree, while winters can be as cold as -10 to -15 degrees. At present, more than 250 students from India ate studying MBBS in Stavropol in English medium. The city is a very peaceful and pleasant place for students to be who wish to study MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Stavropol State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Stavropol is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Stavropol too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Stavropol State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Stavropol State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Stavropol State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Stavropol are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Stavropol, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Stavropol State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Stavropol State Medical University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Stavropol have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Stavropol, Russia.
- The city of Stavropol in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Stavropol, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.