Siberian State Medical University (Russia)
Siberian State Medical University was is a very old university that was established in 1878 as Tomsk Imperial Institute. The university is located in the eastern part of Russia (Siberian Region) in the city of Tomsk which is the capital of Tomsk state of Russia. SSMU, Tomsk at present offers an affordable MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Siberian for 2022 (September) is affordable (Indian Rupees 22.33 Lacs) as compared to other universities in the Russia where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Siberian is quite simple with minimal documentation.
SSMU (Siberian State Medical University) functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation. It acquired university status in the year 1992 before which it was known as Tomsk Medical Institute. Till date, more than 200 students from India have taken admission in Tomsk to pursue English medium MBBS course in Russia. Among all foreign students who come to study medicine in Tomsk every year, Indian students comprise the major part of them.
Siberian State Medical University ranks on 5th position among all medical colleges in Russia that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). It has been over 4 years now when university started the English medium MBBS course in Russia for students from foreign countries. Since then the university slowly started gaining popularity among students from India and many other countries. The university is very actively involved in scientific and research activities related to field of medicine.
What is the total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is 22.33 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Siberian for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,150 / INR 4,30,700
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 5,150 / INR 3,60,500
- Total Fees : USD 31,900 / INR 22,33,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Siberian State Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Siberian State Medical University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Siberian soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Siberian through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Russia and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Siberian State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Siberian State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Siberian State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Siberian State Medical University in Russia ?
Siberian State Medical University ranks on 5th place among all medical universities in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. The university is one of the top medical universities of Russia that foreign students choose to pursue medical education in graduate & post graduate courses. It offers an affordable MBBS fee structure to all international students for medical education in Russia.
The Siberian State Medical University (Tomsk) is one of the best medical colleges of Russia which was established in the year 1878. It has been just few years when the university started MBBS course in English for Indian students & has a good number of students from India and other countries. At present, the medical university has more than 200 Indian students who are studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Siberian State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Siberian State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spends full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Siberian State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has experienced and good English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been approx. 6 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Tomsk for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Siberian.
What are the teaching faculties in SSMU, Tomsk ?
The faculties at Siberian State Medical University (Russia) that are active at present and provide training to Russian & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharma Faculty
- Biology & Behavioral Medicine Faculty
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate & preparatory/language courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. All hostels are located near main campus so Indian students don’t have to travel far from their hostels for attending classes. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Siberian State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in SSMU, Tomsk ?
The classes for Indian students in Siberian State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Siberian, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Siberian State Medical University for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Siberian State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- Most SSMU, Tomsk hostels are located near the main campus & students can attend most classes at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Siberian.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Siberian State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & from 2nd year they can prepare food by themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Siberian State Medical University organizes several annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in SSMU, Tomsk paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Siberian can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college after his MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Siberian State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Siberian State Medical University (Tomsk) ranks on 5th place among all medical universities in Russia (According to Indian Embassy in Russia).
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 143 years old medical university of Russia, Siberian State Medical University witnesses good number of admissions.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Russia due to affordable fees & English medium course.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 5 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at Siberian is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is quite moderate for Indian students for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Siberian State Medical University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Siberian State Medical University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from Siberian, Tomsk have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
Tomsk City in Russia
Tomsk is situated on the bank of River Tom and in the Siberian (East) part of Russian Federation. It is the administrative capital of the Tomsk state of Russia. The city is famous for it’s wood architecture & till date most of the buildings resemble the architectural pattern of late 1990’s. Tomsk city being the most important city in region of Siberia has excellent connectivity by air, road & rail to Moscow & other important cities. For transport within the city, students can use trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. which are available at all times.
Tomsk is also considered as the educational, scientific & research center in whole of this Siberian region. Apart from the Siberian State Medical University, there are several other government as well as private universities in the city. The university welcomes all eligible students from around the world interested in studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University to be a part of this multi national university & craft a wonderful future for themselves. The summers in this region are very pleasant but the winters in Tomsk (Siberian region) quite severe as compared to other cities of Russia.