Siberian State Medical University
Siberian State Medical University was founded in the year 1878 as Tomsk Imperial Institute. It acquired university status in the year 1992. Before it got the university status, it was known as Tomsk Medical Institute too. Siberian State Medical University ranking is among the top medical universities in Russia. SSMU, Tomsk works under the governance of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Siberian State Med. University has excellency in training & producing world class doctors and has education standards that are better than most MBBS colleges in Russia. Currently, 5500 students are enrolled in the university that include foreign nationals too from India, China, Malaysia, Latvia, Germany and many more. The university has recently started it’s MBBS program in English medium for students from India. At present more than 100 students from India are already study MBBS in Siberian in English medium course. The university is one of the most actively involved universities in Russia in field of research and scientific development related to modern medicine and treatment. Keeping in mind the ranking & reputation of university, we would say that it is one of those medical colleges in Russia which offers top notch medical education, easy eligibility requirement for Indian students, affordable fees & and an excellent and vibrating city atmosphere.
MBBS Fees in Siberian State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,150 / INR 4,30,700
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,150 / INR 3,60,500
- Total Course Fee : USD 31,900 / INR 22,33,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Siberian State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Siberian State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Siberian State Medical University
The Siberian State Med. University puts a lot of emphasis on research work and has 8 research centers for carrying out new research work in various fields of medicine. It has collaboration & various exchange programs with medical universities in USA, UK, Canada & Japan. Siberian State Med. University even has collaboration with small scale & large scale industrial companies involved in pharmaceutical fields. Choosing to study MBBS in Siberian State Medical University for MBBS in Russia can prove to be the best decision of student’s lives. The total MBBS fees in Mari State University is quite affordable for a middle class family when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Russia. The duration of MBBS in Siberian is 5 years 8 months which is in general known as 6 years. During the initial 3 years of MBBS training, Indian students mostly learn theoretical subjects with little practical classes. While the last 3 years of MBBS course are fully dedicated to learning clinical and practical skills. Indian students get the opportunity to visit various hospitals located in the city and interact with patients. Students submit a report of their diagnosis to their doctors for further evaluation & marking. Students who wish to get MBBS admission in Russia in this session must give a though to this top notch university in the city of Tomsk.
Siberian State Medical University Hostels
Siberian State Medical University hostels for foreign students are situated within the university campus and students who are not interested to stay in university government hostels can choose to stay in flats within city at their own expense. All of the Siberian State Medical University hostels are equipped with modern facilities of CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety systems and round the clock security. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors and blocks. All rooms are equipped with study tables, chairs, beds, bed sheets, pillows, wardrobes, lamps, etc. Washrooms, toilets and kitchens are available for each block individually. Students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves can have food in Indian mess which is available with all Siberian State Medical University hostels. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food options are available for students to choose from. Students also can participate in various sports events that are organized by university annually. Cultural events are also held every year that are organized by students union in close coordination with university administration for different nationalities. With students of so many nationalities studying here, it can be a lifetime opportunity for students to get to know about different cultures & tradition of different countries while studying MBBS in Russia in Tomsk. Students who do not wish to stay in Siberian State Medical University government hostels can rent a flat/apartment somewhere and city too.
Siberian State Medical University Faculties
Siberian State Medical University offers under graduate, post graduate & language courses. The following faculties are available at the university : faculty of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, biology & behavioral medicine. Among all the faculties mentioned above, the faculty of general medicine receives the maximum number of foreign students every year. The university has successfully trained 60,000 doctors till date and over 40,000 health specialists in other fields. It has just been a couple of years since when the Siberian State Med. University started MBBS course in English medium & before that it remained popular within Russian Federation only. But now it has started gaining popularity among international students and has given everyone an opportunity to study MBBS here in English Medium. The teachers and professors engaged in training Indian students are highly proficient in English language and have expertise in their fields of teaching. As the number of seats are very limited here, students from India who wish to study MBBS in Siberian must apply well in time to get a confirmed seat here. The university invites all eligible and aspiring applicants from India to apply for MBBS in Siberian and be a part of this great university and create a bright future for themselves as well.
Tomsk City in Russia
The city of Tomsk is situated on the bank of River Tom and in the Siberian part of Russia. The city is an industrial hub to oil, gas, instruments. energy, engineering, pharma & food products too. The city is also considered as the educational, scientific & research center in whole of this Siberian region. Apart from the Siberian State Med. University, there are several other government as well as private universities in the city. The city is famous for it’s wood architecture & till date most of the buildings resemble the architectural pattern of late 1990’s. The city being the most important city in region of Siberia, has good connectivity by air, road & rail to Moscow & other important cities. For transport within the city, students can use trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. which are available at all times readily. The winters in Tomsk are however more severe as compared to other cities of Russia, but the summers are very pleasant with maximum temperature being +30 to +35 degrees only. The university welcomes eligible students from around the world interested in studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University to be a part of this multi national university & craft a wonderful future for themselves.
Why to study MBBS in Siberian State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Siberian State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Tomsk is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Tomsk too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Siberian State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Siberian State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Tomsk are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Tomsk, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Siberian State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Siberian State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Siberian State Medical University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Tomsk have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Siberian, Russia.
- The city of Tomsk in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Siberian, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.