Poltava State Medical University
Poltava State Medical Academy was founded in the year 1921 when it began it’s operations by providing training in dentistry with Kharkiv National University. In the year 1967 it was moved to the city of Poltava and was renamed to Poltava State Medical And Dental University. The university received level IV accreditation status from the government of Ukraine in year 1994. PSMU, Poltava is also known by the name Ukrainian Medical and Dental University. Poltava State Medical University works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The university received 2 silver and bronze medals at the international exhibition of educational institutions help in Ukraine in the years 2001, 2002 and 2004. The university is one of the best medical colleges in Ukraine based on the modern technology it implies in teaching students. Poltava offers graduate, post graduate and specialty courses in various fields to students from India. Poltava State Medical University’s ranking is among the top medical universities in Ukraine and attracts huge number of Indian students every year.
MBBS Fees in Poltava State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,750 / INR 3,32,500
- Total Course Fee : USD 30,250 / INR 21,17,500
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Poltava State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Poltava State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Poltava State Medical University
Poltava State Medical University has more than 3,600 students studying currently and out of them 1,400 students are foreign students from more than 40 different countries. The university is one of the most preferred destination by international students among all MBBS colleges in Ukraine. The duration for studying MBBS in Poltava State Medical University is 6 years which includes 1 year internship too in Ukraine. During the initial 3 years, more emphasis is given to theoretical knowledge while during the last 3 years of studying MBBS in Ukraine students spend most of the time visiting hospitals and in clinical sessions. Students get to visit and diagnose patients in various hospitals of the city during the tenure of their whole MBBS in Ukraine. The total MBBS fees in Poltava State Medical University is quite the same as other renowned college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. THe university has several buildings for different departments, library, research labs and hostels. Indian students can also benefit from the various exchange programs of university around the world. Students can travel with their teachers and get the opportunity to learn advanced medicine of other nearby countries in Europe and gain better clinical skills.
Poltava State Medical University Hostels
Poltava State Medical University hostels are allotted for accommodation to Indian students and students from other countries. Many of them are situated within the university campus while some are located a little far in city area. The Poltava State Medical University government hostels that are allotted to Indian students are better equipped with modern facilities, CCTV surveillance systems, fire alarm safety and round the clock security too. The students have the option to choose from a 2 or a 3 seater room depending on the availability of room. All rooms have a study table, study chair, beds, wardrobes, bed sheets, pillows, lamps, etc. already installed before the arrival of students. Boys and girls are assigned separate blocks and floors in hostels. All floors have common washrooms and kitchens which can be used by students. Reading halls are available on each floor of hostel for students. Free wi-fi, laundry & cafetaria within the Poltava State Medical University hostels are some of the other facilities that Indian students can use. The university also organizes time to time excursions for foreign students to get to know the city and Ukrainian culture better. To make the students comfortable, even Indian festival celebration is organized by university administration every year for festivals like Diwali, Holi and Eid. Annual sports and cultural events are organized by university where students can perform and showcase their talents too.
Poltava State Medical University Faculties
Ukrainian Medical & Dental University has the following faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, dentistry, nursing, pediatrics, pharmacy & faculty of post graduate education. The course of MBBS at university follows the international course standards for MBBS course. Most of the international students who study in Poltava State Medical University take MBBS admission in Ukraine in faculty of general medicine. There is a huge community of Indian students who study at university. The university is quite popular in the Indian sub continent. The teachers involved in training of foreign students hold doctoral and MD degrees and are highly skilled and knowledgeable in their fields. They are also fluent in English to impart best education to foreign students. The university invites all aspiring and eligible candidates from around the world to come and study medicine at Poltava Medical University and create a bright future for themselves. The academic session for MBBS (English medium) begins in the month of September every year. Applicants from India can start applying to secure a MBBS seat from the month of March itself.
Poltava City in Ukraine
Poltava is a city located in the central Ukraine on the bank of River Vorskla. The city is the administrative capital of the Poltava region. Being located in the central Ukraine region, the city is well connected to major cities of Ukraine like Kharkiv & Kiev very well through rail and road. The city also has a domestic airport which has flights to all other cities of Ukraine. For local transportation within the city, trams, trolley buses, vans, axis are available round the clock. Some of the major tourist attractions of city are Building of Noble Assembly, Russian Empire, Regional Philharmonic Society, Ivan Kotlyarevsky’s Burial, Grand Hotel, Bakhmatsky Mansion, Mass Burial of Russian Soldiers, etc. The city has several institutes for higher education like Poltava National Pedagogical University, Poltava National Technical University, Poltava Agrarian State Academy, Poltava University of Economics & Trade and a few more. The city witnesses moderate continental climate with summers falling between +24 to +28 degrees Celsius & moderate winters with temperatures between +5 to -5 degrees Celsius. Ukrainian Medical & Dental University is also among the renowned higher education institutes of Poltava city. The city is very welcoming towards foreign national and people from different cultures around the world live peacefully.
Why to study MBBS in Poltava State Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Poltava State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Ukrainian Medical and Dental University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Poltava is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Poltava too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Poltava State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Poltava State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Poltava State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Poltava State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Poltava are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Poltava, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Poltava State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Poltava State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Ukrainian Medical and Dental University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Poltava have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Poltava, Ukraine.
- The city of Poltava in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Poltava, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.