Perm State Medical University
Perm State Medical University was founded in the year 1916 and is located in the Perm city which is capital of Perm state of Russian Federation. The university started as a medical institute and with time gained status of an academy and finally was given the status of university. PSMU, Perm is also a member of European Association of Medical Schools. The university works under the governance of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. The university is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The university is among the few medical colleges in Russia which holds hundreds of patents under it’s name in the field of medical research. More than 500 doctors, professors and highly skilled teachers are involved in the process of training students who come to study MBBS in Perm State Medical University. At present, more than 400 students from India are currently studying MBBS in Perm in English medium. Students from India can benefit from the various exchange programs at university and travel to other European countries with their teachers and learn about new advancements in field of modern medicine too. Perm State Medical University ranking may not be among the top medical universities in Russia but is one of the preferred destinations by a lot of Indian students.
MBBS Fees in Perm State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 33,000 / INR 21,45,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Perm State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Perm State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Perm State Medical University
Students from more than 23 different countries are currently studying MBBS in Perm State Medical University. Most number of students are from the Indian sub-continent. The university provides education in undergraduate, postgraduate & preparatory courses to students. It is one of those MBBS colleges in Russia which has recently started offering English medium MBBS in Russia and ever since has being witnessing a huge footfall of students interested for MBBS admission in Russia. One of the main reasons due to which many students from different countries choose Perm is it’s low fees combined with highly skilled teaching faculties as compared to other medical university’s MBBS fees in Russia. The total MBBS fees in Perm State Medical University falls well within the affordable budget of a middle class Indian family. The duration of MBBS in Perm is 5 years 8 months which is often generalized as 6 years in saying. First 3 years of MBBS course are dedicated to enriching students with theoretical subjects, while the last 3 years of medical course are solely dedicated to clinical classes and practicals. During this time, Indian students getting the opportunity to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. Students submit their diagnosis to doctors for further evaluation and marking. The university has modern & up do date infrastructure including computer classes, electronic reading rooms & many clinical centers for enhancing the practical assessment skill & ability of students.
Perm State Medical University Hostels
Perm State Med. University has a very large campus area which comprises of more than 25 buildings. Among these buildings, around 10 buildings are allotted for hostel accommodation. Some of the Perm State Medical University hostels are assigned for local Russian students and others for foreign students from India majorly. The hostels are equipped with CCTV surveillance systems, fire alarm safety systems and round the clock security too. Foreign student hostels have somewhat better facilities as compared to the former. Temperature of whole building is maintained through radiators installed in each room and plays a vital role during peak winters. All rooms have study table & chair, wardrobes, beds, etc. provided by the Perm State Medical University’s hostel administration. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors and blocks. Kitchens, washrooms and toilets are available for each block separately. Students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves can avail the facility of Indian mess, which is located within all Perm State Medical University government hostels. both vegetarian and non vegetarian food options are available for students to choose from. A library for students to study separately & gym facility is also available in hostels for foreign students. Students who are interested in sports can actively take in various sports tournaments organized by university every year. Major Indian festivals are also celebrated by students while studying MBBS in Perm.
Perm State Medical University Faculties
Perm State Med. University has the following faculties in addition to faculty of general medicine viz. faculty of pediatrics, dentistry, medico prophylaxis, psychology, professional education, preparatory courses, social work & nursing faculty. Among all of these, faculty of general medicines is the one with highest number of students enrolled currently. And among all foreign students in medical faculty, most of the students are Indians. Overall, the university has 12 faculties & 80 departments involved actively in training of students studying in Perm. The teachers and professors engaged in training Indian students are highly proficient in English language and have expertise in their fields of teaching. The university has almost 20 active exchange programs for students which they can take part in during their vacations while studying MBBS in Perm State Medical University. As the number of seats in Perm are limited for Indian students, students who are interested to study MBBS in Perm must apply well in time to get a confirmed seat for medical education.
Perm City in Russia
Perm city is capital of Perm state & is located on the bank of Kama river. The region is very close to the Ural mountains in Russia. The city is known for the production of metals, paper & steamboats. Being the capital city of Perm state, the city has numerous government medical institutions, with Perm State Medical University being just one of them. The Kama river makes the city very pleasant as it is one of the most beautiful & deepest rivers in Russia. Tourists find the city attracting for it’s scenic beauty, museums & monuments. The city is well connected to Moscow & other nearby cities like Kazan through air, rail & road. For transport within the city, Indian students can use trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc. which are available at all times. With each year passing by, the city seems to have more number of students from India than any other country for studying MBBS in Russia and the city natives & university seem to like them and are proud of their multi cultural population. The time Indian students spend here while studying MBBS in Perm may prove to be the best times of their lives.
Why to study MBBS in Perm State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Perm State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Perm State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Perm is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Perm too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Perm State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Perm State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Perm State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Perm State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Perm are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Perm, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Perm State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Perm State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Perm State Medical University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Perm have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Perm, Russia.
- The city of Perm in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Perm, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.