Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University was officially established in year 1992. Earlier, it was known as Osh Pedagogical Institute back in 1951, when it was started. The university functions as per the regulations of Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic & Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyz Republic. Osh State Med. University is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). At present, more than 3,500 students from various countries around the world are studying in Osh State Medical University. Out of the total foreign students enrolled, more than half are from the Indian sub-continent, who are pursuing MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. OSMU, Osh has gained more popularity than any other medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan in such a short span of time since it started training international students. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities too related to field of medicine and students from India can learn a lot by being a part of such projects by being a part of it. The university provides training in undergraduate, postgraduate & diploma degrees to students in field of medicine. Osh State Medical University’s ranking have seen a huge rise in domestic as well as global ranking platforms since the past few years due the excellent standard of education in English medium & newly constructed campuses with best in class facilities.
MBBS Fees in Osh State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd – 5th Year Fee / Year : USD 3,200 / INR 2,24,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 19,000 / INR 13,30,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Osh State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 5 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Osh State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University offers a 5 as well as 6 years MBBS course in English medium for foreign students. The duration of course has to be chosen at the time of application for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Local students of Kyrgyz Republic however study in Russian medium only. The university has highly skilled professors & teacher to train foreign students who are very fluent in English language. The university has even appointed many teachers from India so that the students from India face no difficulties in understanding and learning. In addition, Osh State Med. University has also hired teachers from countries like India, Middle East, etc. so as to make it more convenient for students in understanding them. The total Osh State Medical University’s fees for Indian students is far less than other countries in the neighborhood, as well as when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan. The university still remains one of the best MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan among students from India and their preferred choice in this budget. The university conducts many academic and skill competitions every year for international students where students from India can also prove their abilities.
Osh State Medical University Hostels
The university has 9 of it’s own government hostels located near the main university campus. Some of them are reserved for foreign students and have better facilities as compared to the ones that are for locals who stay in other Osh State Medical University hostels. The hostels are equipped with modern facilities like CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety and round the clock security for the safety of students. Boys & girls have separate blocks in hostels. All floors of hostel have common kitchens, washrooms, toilets, etc. Every room has a study table, chair, wardrobe, lamps, bed, etc. already installed by the hostel administration. All Osh State Medical University hostels have a sports hall (gym) & reading halls for students in all of it’s hostels. Indian mess facility is available within the hostel premises and students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves can join Indian mess anytime and have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food options are available. The university administration and students body organize sports events & cultural festivals annually that consists of various regional as well as international programs. All Indian festivals viz. Holi, Diwali, Eid, etc. are also celebrated by Indian students with fun, enjoyment & enthusiasm while they are studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University.
Osh State Medical University Faculties
Osh State Medical University has the following faculties at it’s campus i.e. faculty of general medicine, stomatology, pharmacology & paediatrics. The faculty of general medicine gains the most attention of all international students as it the one that offers MBBS in English medium. Several batches of students have already passed out from Osh State Med. University and they are successfully practicing in their native countries. The university receives most of it’s students from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & middle east countries. The university has several campus buildings with dozens of different departments functioning in them. The university has well maintained & highly equipped hostels where they interact with patients and gain practical & clinical knowledge during their course of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. Students from India can also benefit from the various exchange programs that the university has with universities around the world and can learn new advances in field of medicine by visiting during their summer vacations. The university invites all eligible and aspiring students to be a part of Osh University and create a bright future for themselves.
Osh City in Kyrgyzstan
Osh is the 2nd largest city of Kyrgyzstan and is often referred as the “South Capital of Kyrgyzstan”. It is the oldest city of Kyrgyzstan & the capital of Osh province. The city has mixed culture and population of Russians, Kyrgyz, Uzbeks & Tajiks. Osh has direct connectivity to other major cities like Bishkek through Osh international airport and by road too, but there is no railway connectivity due to the hindrance of mountains. The city of Osh is an educational hub for foreign students who come to study in Osh State Medical University in Kyrgyzstan. The city has lots of stadium, sports centers, swimming pools, winter sports, skiing centers, cinemas, parks, etc. for recreational activities. The city of Osh is filled with a diverse multi-national population and it’s always a pleasant experience for new students who come from different countries to experience this rich culture and know more about each of them. Students who have passed out from Osh in the past have often said that the time they spent while studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan in Osh was one of the best times of their lives.
Why to study MBBS in Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Osh State Medical University is one of the top medical universities in Kyrgyzstan that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Osh is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Osh too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Osh State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of world which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Osh State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Osh are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Osh, Kyrgyzstan.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University at present is more than 1,000 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Osh State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Osh State Medical University is one of the most renowned medical university for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan and holds accreditation from Kyrgyzstan government and ministry of education & health..
- As the native Kyrgyz teachers in Osh have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Kyrgyzstan i.e. Kyrgyz are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Osh, Kyrgyzstan.
- The city of Osh in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Kyrgyzstan and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Osh, Kyrgyzstan during their entire tenure of 5 years.