Orenburg State Medical University
Orenburg State Medical University was founded in the year 1944 and is located in Orenburg city, capital of Orenburg state of Russia. It received the status of university in year 1994. The OSMU, Orenburg works under the governance of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. The university is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Just like other major medical colleges in Russia, Orenburg also has up to the mark modern infrastructure & facilities which make it the most important university in Orenburg region. Currently, more than 310 professors & highly skilled teachers are serving here for imparting medical education in university. At present, more than 500 students from India along are study MBBS in Orenburg. Indian students are also given the opportunity to participate in various medical research projects during their tenure of MBBS in Russia to enhance their practical & research skills. The students also may get the opportunity to travel with their teachers to other renowned medical universities in Europe through exchange programs and learn about new advancements in field of medicine. Orenburg State Medical University ranking might not be among the top medical universities in Russia but surely is a place where lot of Indian students take admission every year.
MBBS Fees in Orenburg State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 36,000 / INR 25,20,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Orenburg State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Orenburg State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University
Every year, students from different countries around the world opt to for MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University. The students can choose to study in undergraduate & post graduate courses. However, English medium course in only available for undergraduate course for students who study in faculty of general medicine. The MBBS fees in Orenburg State Medical University falls in medium range when compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Russia. The procedure & eligibility requirement for studying at university is just the same like any other college for MBBS admission in Russia. In addition to medical education, students are also given spiritual, moral, patriotic & aesthetic education to make them a better human being while they are studying MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University. The duration of MBBS in Orenburg is 5 years 8 months (Often called as 6 years in general) just like all other medical universities in Russia. During the first 3 years of MBBS course, Indian students mostly learn theoretical subjects, while during the last 3 years of their medical education they devote all of their time in learning clinical and practical skills. Students visit government hospitals located within the city and interact with patients to prepare their diagnosis report and submit it to their doctors for further evaluation. The university also organizes various leisure activities, sports camps, festival celebrations, etc. to make their education & stay experience the best & a memorable one when compared to other MBBS colleges in Russia.
Orenburg State Medical University Hostels
Orenburg State Med. University has it’s own hostel aimed at providing accommodation to local & foreign students. One of the Orenburg State Medical University hostels is dedicated only for accommodation of foreign students who come to study MBBS in Orenburg from India. Students are initially allocated room by order of university but can later change their rooms, if needed by writing application to Orenburg State Medical University hostel administration. All hostel rooms have basic amenities that are required by a student i.e. study table, study chair, wardrobe, bed, lamps, radiator, etc. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors. The hostels are equipped with CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety systems and round the clock security. Indian mess facility is available within the hostels itself and food is prepared by Indian cooks here. Students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves can join Indian mess and enjoy daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food options are available for students to choose from. With huge number of students already studying in Orenburg, all Indian festivals are celebrated with joy & enthusiasm. Library & a sports hall i.e. gym is also present in hostel for students. Every year, sports tournament is organized by administration team at university for foreign students where they can participate in various sports like basketball, volleyball, swimming, shooting, table tennis, etc. Students who do not wish to stay in Orenburg State Medical University government hostel can rent an apartment or flat somewhere in city too.
Orenburg State Medical University Faculties
Orenburg State Med. University has 6 active faculties at present viz. faculty of general medicine, paediatrics, dentistry, preventive care, pharmacy & psychology. The faculty of general medicine remains of utmost interest to foreign students and especially for students from Indian sub-continent as it the only course which is available in English medium. The university has 47 departments where students are trained for various undergraduate & postgraduate courses. Students who Orenburg for MBBS admission in Russia get the opportunity to gain practical skills at 18 clinical hospitals located in the city. The teachers and professors engaged in teaching Indian students are highly proficient in English and have expertise in each of of their training fields. The university is always enthusiastic & obliged to accept applications from all countries and provide them the best opportunity for studying MBBS in Russia. Students from India must apply well in time and should be eligible as per rules of university for securing a seat to study MBBS in Orenburg.
Orenburg City in Russia
Orenburg city is located in the south-west region of Russian Federation & most part of the state shares it’s border with country Kazakhstan. The city -plays a pivotal role in this region, being the only place with so many education institutes. The city is situated on the basin of Ural river. The city is home to more than hundred nationalities, as it was the region which included many other states & countries before dissolution of the Soviet Union. The city of Orenburg is well connected by air, rail & road to Moscow & other major cities like Kazan which are of prime importance and located near it. Students while studying in Orenburg have a wide rage of transport options to choose from while travelling within the city like trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis. The city provides a very peaceful and pleasant experience to students who come to study MBBS in Orenburg from different places around the world. The university invites all eligible and aspiring students from India to apply for MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University and create a bright future for themselves.
Why to study MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Orenburg State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Orenburg is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Orenburg too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Orenburg State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Orenburg State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Orenburg are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Orenburg, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Orenburg State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Orenburg State Medical University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Orenburg have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Orenburg, Russia.
- The city of Orenburg in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Orenburg, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.