About OO Bogomolets National Medical University
OO Bogomolets National Medical University is located in the capital city of Ukraine i.e Kiev and is one of the most renowned and leading medical colleges in Ukraine. The university is an educational institution of higher learning in educational, humanitarian & methodical activities. In the year 2001, 2004 & 2005 the universities receive the prize for best medical school for MBBS in Ukraine. In the year 2011, the university celebrated it’s 170th anniversary since it’s foundation was laid in year 1840. In the same year according to a report published by the Ministry of Education & Science, the university also stood at 1st place among all level III-IV accreditation higher institutions in field of healthcare. OO Bogomolets NMU works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). At present, around 10,000 students are enrolled and studying in the university with 950 students being from various foreign countries. At present, more than 500 students from the Indian sub continent alone are studying MBBS in Bogomolets. Students from more than 50 countries are pursuing different medical courses at OO Bogomolets National Medical University which make it one of the best MBBS colleges in Ukraine.
The education & research staff at university comprises of 1,200 highly skilled lecturers, 180 doctors of sciences, 163 professors, 699 Ph.d candidates, 330 associate professors and numerous scientists and prize laureates. For studying MBBS in Ukraine in English medium at OO Bogomolets National medical universities, selected education staff is involved which is specially trained for teaching foreign students in English medium. The total duration of studying MBBS in OO Bogomolets National Medical University is 6 years with first 3 years involving little practicals and more of theoretical knowledge to build a solid base for further practical and clinical classes. The last 3 years are fully devoted to implication of the knowledge that students learn since starting of course, clinical classes, patients diagnosis with most of the time being spent in hospitals located in the city. Students prepare and submit their diagnosis to doctors for further evaluation and marking. The total fees for studying in OO Bogomolets National Medical University is slightly higher than other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. However, with the ranking, reputation & image the university carries, it is still a very affordable option when compared to what it costs for studying MBBS in other neighboring countries.
OO Bogomolets National Medical University has the following active faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, pediatrics, preventive care, military medicine, dentistry, pharmacy & medical psychology. The university has 16 computer labs that are functional in every building of it’s enormous campus. The library at university alone comprises of 7,00,000 books of literature including supply of electronic database. The faculty of post graduation is also available and offers internship, master-ship, residency, PhD and courses of specialization. The faculty of general medicine receives the most number of applications every year from Indian sub continent for MBBS admission in Ukraine. The university has cooperation and student exchange program agreements with various universities in USA, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Lithuania, etc. Indian students can benefit from such programs as they get the opportunity to learn about new advancements in field of modern medicine, when travelling to other counties with their teachers. The university invites all eligible students with a strong will to become doctor to apply for studying in Bogomolets National Medical University and create a bright future future for themselves and serve humanity.
MBBS Admission in OO Bogomolets National Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,700 / INR 5,00,500
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,700 / INR 3,70,500
- Total Course Fee (USD) : USD 36,200 / INR 23,53,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
Study in OO Bogomolets National Medical University
OO Bogomolets National Medical University has 7 hostels in it’s campus. One of the biggest hostel among all is dedicated for foreign students which has 17 floors for accommodation. The hostel is equipped with most modern facilities, CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. Facilities for internet, laundry and canteen are also available in the hostel itself. The students have the option to choose from a single/double/triple seater room subject to availability as they are allotted on first come first serve basis. Students who do not wish to stay in hostels, can rent a flat / apartment in city by themselves, if they wish to. All rooms have study table, study chair, lamps, wardrobes, beds, bed sheets, pillows, etc. ready before the arrival of new students. Boys and girls have separate block and floors in hostel. The university, supermarket and metro is located at a 5-10 minutes walking distance from hostel. Apart from a superior hostel for students, the university equally pays importance to co curricular activities. It organizes annual cultural and sports events to help the students bring out their talents which helps in their overall personality development as an individual too. The university arranges for celebration of Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid, etc. for Indian students in hostel. For 1st year students, city excursions are planned to help the students get to know the city better too.
Kiev is the capital city and the most populous city located in the north central part of Ukraine. It is also the 7th most populous city in whole Europe. The city is located on the bank of the River Dnieper. Kiev is is an important educational, cultural, industrial center of Ukraine as well as Eastern Europe. The city of Kiev experiences humid continental climate with average summer temperatures between 24 – 28 degrees Celsius and winter temperatures between 0 to -5 degrees Celsius on an average. According to census data, people from more than 130 nationalities reside in the city of Kiev with more than 80% being native Ukrainians, 13% being Russians and the remaining being from other nationalities. At the UN Climate Change Conference in year 2009, Kiev was the only Commonwealth of Independent States city to be in Top 30 cities Index. Some of the most important places historically as well as for tourists in city are St. Sophia Cathedral, Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Monastery of Caves), Mariyinsky Palace, St. Michael’s Cathedral, Golden gate, World War II Museums, Botanical Gardens and much more. The city of Kiev has excellent local transport facilities like trams, trolley buses, minivans, taxis, metro, funicular, etc. Being the capital city of Ukraine, the city is best connected to all other major cities of Ukraine & internationally too through it’s 2 international airports. The city is welcoming to all foreign citizens and has always been the top priority among students when they plan to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in OO Bogomolets National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- OO Bogomolets National Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kiev is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kiev too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in OO Bogomolets National Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in OO Bogomolets National Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in OO Bogomolets National Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in OO Bogomolets National Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kiev are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kiev, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in OO Bogomolets National Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in OO Bogomolets National Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- OO Bogomolets National Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Kiev have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Ukraine.
- The city of Kiev in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.