About Odessa National Medical University
Odessa National Medical University was established in the year 1900. In year 1922, the medical faculty was given the recognition of a medical institute in country. And over the year finally in 1991, it acquired the status of university. ONMU works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The university is also a member of the European & International Association of Universities attributing to the quality of training being provided here to students for doing MBBS in Ukraine. Some of the world’s finest scientists have worked at Odessa National Medical University in the past. The time when it was founded, it was one of the most prestigious medical colleges in Ukraine and till date remains one of the most sought after universities especially among students from the Indian sub continent. The university has numerous student exchange program collaborations with renowned universities in Europe. Indian students can learn a lot through these programs and travel to other countries with their teachers and learn about new advancements in field of modern medicine.
At present, the university has approx. 10,000 students studying in it’s 7 faculties and 66 departments. Out of them approx. 3000 students students are from foreign countries. Study from all around the world apply for MBBS admission in Ukraine in Odessa every year to study in either English, Russian on Ukrainian languages. Most of the foreign students who come for studying MBBS in Ukraine study in English medium only so that they are able practice anywhere in the world after completion of their MBBS in Ukraine. The total duration of MBBS in English medium at the university is of 6 years. First 3 years are more inclined towards theoretical knowledge enrichment of students while the last 3 years of MBBS are fully dedicated to clinical classes which are conducted in various hospitals located in the city. Students prepare and submit their diagnosis to doctors in hospitals for further evaluation and marking. Studying MBBS in Odessa National Medical University can be one of the best decision of a student’s life as it provide numerous opportunities not only in education but also in fields of research. The fees for studying in Odessa National Medical University is slightly higher as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. Post graduation courses are also available for students at university.
The university has the faculty of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, paediatrics, surgery/therapeutic & international faculty involved in the preparatory courses for foreign students. There are a total of 66 departments working under the above faculties at present. Among all faculties, the medical faculty is the one that receives maximum number of application from abroad students every year for studying MBBS in Odessa Medical University. The training faculty, professor and teachers involved in training international students are highly skilled in their individual fields as well as have great proficiency in English language to understand and explain the students in best way. It is one of the finest MBBS colleges in Ukraine today and continues to maintain it’s century old reputation. As the courses are available in English medium, eligible students from around the world are welcome to apply for studying in Odessa. As the number of MBBS seat in English medium course is very limited, students from India must apply well in time to secure a seat for MBBS in Odessa.
MBBS Admission in Odessa National Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,750 / INR 5,00,500
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,750 / INR 3,73,750
- Total Course Fee : USD 41,000 / INR 26,65,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
Study in Odessa National Medical University
Odessa National Medical University has 6 of it’s own hostels that are fully furnished for being provided to students. The university has a library with a stock of more than 1 million books. Apart from this there are sports complex, students polyclinic, museums, cultural centers and modern recreational centers on the coast of Black seas where hundreds of students can rest at the same time. The university hostels are equipped with modern security features, CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm safety measures and round the clock security. All hostels have reading rooms, sports hall & health centers too. Each room is equipped with study table, study chair, wardrobe, bed, bed sheets, pillows, lamps, etc. Laundry & canteen services are available in hostel itself. Students have the option to choose from 2 and a 3 seater room subject to availability of it. The students can choose to stay in university hostel or can rent an apartment in city if they wish to. Indian mess is also available within the hostel premises and students either join it on a monthly or on a yearly basis. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food options are available to choose from. With a huge number of Indian students studying in Odessa National Medical University all Indian festivals are also celebrated with fun & enthusiasm every year. Various cultural events are also organized by university & students union run by the university administration.
Odessa is a beautiful city city located in the southern region of Ukraine. It is the capital of the Odessa state and has a major seaport too. It is an administrative, economic, commercial, tourist & cultural center too. The city is the 3rd largest city of Ukraine just after Kiev & Kharkiv. The city of Odessa is well connected to all major cities of Ukraine through road, rail and by air routes For transport within the city, students can use trams, trolley buses, vans, taxis, etc which are available readily at all times. The city is multi ethnic and is considered that it to be the city with most mixed nationalities from around the world in whole of Ukraine. Due to so many nationalities staying together at Odessa, different types of architecture can be seen in city ranging from Soviet to Mediterranean & French too. In the year 2009, the city was also listed in the World Heritage List of UNESCO. Some of the famous places in Odessa are Opera House, Potemkin Stairs & Odessa Catacombs. While Ukrainian may be the official language in Odessa, Russian is the most commonly spoken language in Odessa. The city has several government medical universities and Odessa National Medical University is also one of those famous government run medical colleges in Ukraine.
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Odessa National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Odessa National Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Odessa is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Odessa too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Odessa National Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Odessa National Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Odessa National Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Odessa National Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Odessa are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Odessa, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Odessa National Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Odessa National Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Odessa National Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Odessa have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Ukraine.
- The city of Odessa in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.