North Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan)
North Kazakhstan State University was established in 1937 and is 84 years old medical university located in Northern Kazakhstan. The university is named after Manash Koybayev and hence often called as Kozybayev University as well. The university is located in the city of Petropavl which is the capital of North Kazakhstan province. It offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who choose to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in North Kazakhstan for 2021 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 16.45 Lacs) as compared to other countries where Indians travel to acquire medical education. The process of MBBS admission in North Kazakhstan is very straight forward and simple with minimal documentation involved.
M. Kozybayev North Kazakhstan State University (Petropavl) functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels in various fields of medical, engineering and sciences. Kozybayev North Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan) is one of those higher education institutions of Kazakhstan that receives huge number of applications from Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. Apart from being a leading & top ranked university of Kazakhstan, it also actively contributes to research and scientific activities in fields of medicine, sciences, engineering, etc.
North Kazakhstan State University ranks on 4th position among all medical colleges in Kazakhstan. This is one of the reasons that make it the most attractive destination for students from several neighboring countries to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 8,000 students studying in various fields of medicine, engineering & other sciences. More than 1,000 teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are actively engaged in training these students. NKSU (North Kazakhstan State University), Petropavl also has many student exchange programs with renowned universities of Uzbekistan, Russia, Ukraine & several CIS countries for the benefit of students.
What is the total MBBS fees in North Kazakhstan State University ?
The total MBBS fees in North Kazakhstan State University is 16.45 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in North Kazakhstan for 2021 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,500 / INR 3,15,000
- Total Fees : USD 23,500 / INR 16,45,000
* The MBBS fee structure of North Kazakhstan State University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in North Kazakhstan State University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in North Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS admissions in North Kazakhstan are confirmed on a first come first serve basis. Hence, it is advised to book your seat as soon as possible if you are eligible.
How to apply for MBBS admission in North Kazakhstan State University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in North Kazakhstan through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2019/2020/2021).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is North Kazakhstan State University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in North Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as North Kazakhstan State University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of North Kazakhstan State University in Kazakhstan ?
North Kazakhstan State University ranks on 4th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Kazakhstan. It is a one of the best destinations for Indian students and also among the top medical universities of Kazakhstan that provides top notch education in English medium and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
NKSU, Petropavl is the undoubtedly one of the best medical colleges of Kazakhstan which was established in the year 1937. It is a 84 years old medical college of Kazakhstan and has always been among top higher education medical universities of Kazakhstan. The college currently has more than 700 Indian students alone who are studying general medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in North Kazakhstan State University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in North Kazakhstan State University is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in North Kazakhstan was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in North Kazakhstan State University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kazakh teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in NKSU, Petropavl ?
The faculties at North Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan) that are active currently and provide training (In graduate, post-graduate & doctoral courses) to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pedagogy
- Agrotechnological Faculty
- Institute of Language & Literature
- Faculty of Engineering & Digital Technology
- Faculty of Mathematics & Natural Sciences
- History, Economics & Law faculty
- Post-Graduate Specialization
The faculty of general medicine is main & most in demand department that receives most number of foreign students every year. Most foreign students are from India who travel to Petropavl for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan. The university campus is well built and has different buildings for training students in different specialties. NKSU (Petropavl) is currently expanding it’s campus at a fast pace so as to also accommodate the growing number of foreign students (Mostly from India). Some new hostels have also been built that provide better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in North Kazakhstan State University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in NKSU, Petropavl ?
The classes for Indian students in North Kazakhstan State University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in North Kazakhstan, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in North Kazakhstan State University for Indian students ?
All hostels for Indian students in North Kazakhstan State University are situated within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All NKSU, Petropavl hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Petropavl.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of North Kazakhstan State University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- North Kazakhstan State University organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in Kozybayev NKSU, Petropavl paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in North Kazakhstan can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kazakhstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in North Kazakhstan State University.
Why to study MBBS in North Kazakhstan State University, Kazakhstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in North Kazakhstan State University are as mentioned below :
- M. Kozybayev NKSU (North Kazakhstan State University) is ranked on 4th position among all the medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a 84 years old medical university of Kazakhstan, NKSU (Petropavl) witnesses a good number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at NKSU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The total duration of MBBS in North Kazakhstan is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries like Russia & Ukraine.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in North Kazakhstan State University is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Kozybayev North Kazakhstan State University is very simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh.
Steps after MBBS from North Kazakhstan State University (Kazakhstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from North Kazakhstan State University, Kazakhstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from NKSU, Petropavl have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Petropavl City :
Petropavl (Also known as Petropavlovsk) is a city located on the bank of Ishim river in northern region of country & is the capital of North Kazakhstan province. It is situated very close to the border of Russia and Trans Siberian railway track. The nearest major Russian city from Petropavl is Omsk (Approx. 261 kms). Several lakes viz. Bolshoe Beloe, Lake Kistibish, Lake Pestroye and Lake Maloe Beloe are situated in the outskirts of city of Petropavl. The 1st majority of population in Petropavl is Russians (Approx. 60%) while the 2nd being Kazakhs (Approx. 30%) and 3rd being Tatars. The city has direct railway and air connectivity with all major cities of Kazakhstan as well as with Moscow. Trams, trolley-buses, minivans, taxis, etc. are easily available for travel within the city at affordable fares round the clock.
Petropavl city is an important city of Northern Kazakh region. The most important and prime educational institution in city is North Kazakhstan State University. Almost all Indian students who travel to Petropavl have the sole objective of studying MBBS in North Kazakhstan State University in English medium. It is one of the cheapest, well ranked and affordable medical universities of Kazakhstan. The city features a humid continental climate with sharp fluctuations in winter and summer season temperatures. The summers are hot and dry with temperature reaching up to +30 degree Celsius, while winters have an average low temperature of 0 to -10 degree Celsius. Petropavl can prove to be one of the best places in Kazakhstan for Indian students to study MBBS abroad in Kazakhstan at an affordable price and in a peaceful atmosphere.
Related Universities :