Medical Colleges in RussiaThe list of all best medical colleges in Russia for Indian students is available below. Students can check detailed information about each medical college by directly clicking on them. These medical universities in Russia have admissions open for the coming 2022 (January Session) & students can apply now.
Top Medical Universities in Russia – 2022
Are medical colleges in Russia recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
All medical colleges in Russia are recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) & WHO (World Health Organization) to study MBBS abroad. Students must visit the MCI/NMC website and verify that the medical college where they want to take MBBS admission in Russia is listed there.
- Indian students should complete their MBBS course from a MCI/NMC recognized medical university of Russia.
- It is compulsory if they want to appear in the MCI/NMC Screening Test/FMGE/National Exit Test in India.
Are medical colleges in Russia government or private ?
All medical colleges in Russia shown above for Indian students are government universities. The Ministry of Education & Healthcare are responsible for managing them. This is one of the prime reasons for such low MBBS fees in Russia as compared to Indian colleges.
With a low population, these few government medical universities in Russia are sufficient to provide healthcare to whole it’s population. Hence, there has never been a requirement for establishment of private medical colleges.
What is the duration of MBBS course in Russia medical colleges ?
The duration of MBBS course in top medical universities in Russia is 5 years 8 months (Approx. 6 years). This duration consists of pre-clinical, para-clinical & clinical classes. It also includes the period of internship which is a requirement to practice in Russia. The degree given to students from top medical colleges in Russia is MD (Physician). This is equivalent to MBBS degree that medical colleges in India provide to students.
What is the medium of instruction in medical universities of Russia ?
The medium of instruction is English for Indian students except the clinical part. The clinical part of classes is the one in which students interact with local patients. Russian medical universities offer MBBS course both in Russian & English medium. Russian medium of instruction is for citizens of Russia. They prefer to study in their own national language just like most countries.
A few selected medical colleges of Russia The English medium course was started in few selected medical colleges of Russia in year 2000. This was because Russia understood that there were thousands of Indian students who wanted to get medical education. But these Indian students were unable to do so because of few medical seats in India & no English medium in Russia.
Since 2000, all universities that started English medium course for Indian students saw a huge rise in number of applications. These government medical universities in Russia were already recognized and approved by MCI & WHO. Hence, Indian students did not have anything to worry and decided to pursue MBBS in Russia.
Why should you study in medical colleges in Russia ?
The Russian Federation is one of the the first choices of Indians as a country for studying MBBS abroad. Medical education in Russia has been popular from the time when Russia was USSR (Soviet Union).
- Firstly, there are several renowned medical universities of Russia that are among the top universities of world.
- WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) & many others platforms publish these lists every year.
- These ranking show that they rank much above top Indian medical colleges too.
- Secondly, the government of Russia controls all the medical colleges in Russia directly.
- The Ministry of Health of Russian Federation, Ministry of Science & Higher Education administers these universities.
- So this reduces the chances of any undue fees increase like in many private colleges.
- Thirdly, the population of Russia is very less than that of India so it has no scarcity of medical seats.
- This ensures easy availability of MBBS seats just with a basic eligibility requirement.
- Above all, the country offers a great infrastructure, modern education & a much better lifestyle.
- Lastly, a low fees attracts large number of Indian students to Russia in the best medical colleges of Russia.
How to the choose best medical university in Russia ?
With so many popular universities in Russia to choose from, it becomes confusing to finalize one of them. A basic approach which we suggest should be to simply decide your total expenditure first. This should be the amount your family can afford for whole MBBS course in Russia. It can include your living expenses, travelling expenses and any other expenses. After this, you should shortlist the universities that are in your budget and select one of them.
We always try to offer students (based on their background) the best medical colleges in Russia. Students should know that all medical universities of Russia do not allow transfer of fees through loan directly to their accounts. Hence, we also advise students on universities which they should choose, if they wish to study with loan assistance.
Is studying in MBBS colleges in Russia better than India ?
There are more than 50 MCI/NMC recognized medical universities in Russia and this is a golden opportunity for Indian students to get a confirmed medical seat in Russia. India at present has very less MBBS seats in comparison to it’s population due to limited number of medical colleges & tough competition. The number of Indian students who choose to study MBBS in Russia increases every year. In the last 20 years, thousands of Indian students completed their course from top medical universities in Russia. These Indian students are now successfully practicing in India and other parts of the world.
Around 15-16 Lacs students appear in NEET every year in India. But there are only 70,000 MBBS seats available for allotment. Russia is the first choice for Indian students who fail to get a seat in India even after qualifying NEET. Some students have to choose Russia due to the high cost of private medical colleges in India (Approx. 1 Cr).
Why is the fees of medical colleges in Russia different ?
Just as not all medical colleges in India have the same fee structure, the same applies to Russia too. However, there are some factors which help to understand the pattern of fees in different medical colleges in Russia :
- Location, year of establishment & number of foreign students.
- Number of years since English medium course started in that college.
- Standard of foreigner’s hostel & facilities provided for them.
- Level of expertise of medical faculty engaged in teaching Indian students in English medium.
- Number of hospitals associated with colleges/university for clinical rotational classes.
- Additional facility of MCI/NMC training & availability of guest lecturers from India.
- Use of modern/digital technology in teaching & practical classes.
- Opportunity to participate in exchange programs with other countries.
Apart from the above factors, there are some other things that are important to decide the final fees. Even some of the best medical universities in Russia that have very good ranking and facilities sometimes offer lowest MBBS fees in Russia. Countries & universities do this intentionally to attract more international students from all countries including India.
Is Russian language compulsory in all colleges in Russia ?
All medical universities of Russia teach foreign/Indian students Russian language from the 1st year of their course. From 3rd year of their medical education Indian students do not face any issues in communicating with the local patients. By the end of course, students have good practical skills and also become fluent in Russian language.
* Indian students may also get the opportunity to work with experienced doctors in government hospitals. This is possible in the last few years of their course to gain additional experience.
How do universities conduct classes for Indian students in Russia ?
Russian universities organize classes for Indian students in small groups with 10-15 students in each group. The teachers are able to pay attention to each student individually. This also helps in creating a frank atmosphere for Indian students where even the weak students find it easy to ask their doubts.
The grading system is based on grades that range from 1 to 5. A grade of 5 means excellent & grade of 2 means fail. Other scores i.e. 3 is pass while 4 means good. Foreign students must clear several tests in all subjects on a regular basis. Students have to pass a government licensing exam at the end of 6th year. The universities award students with their MBBS/MD (Physician) degrees after they clear this final exam.
How is practical/clinical training given to Indian students in Russia ?
The best thing about studying in medical colleges in Russia is that students get a lot of clinical & practical knowledge. The students get the opportunity to visit government hospitals within city from 2nd/3rd year of their MBBS course in Russia. The first 2-3 years are more inclined towards theoretical subjects while the remaining years dedicated towards clinical classes & hospital visits. During these later years, students have to interact with local patients & report back to their doctors for assessment.
Some facts about MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NEXT :
Some of the most important things that all Indian students should be well aware of while applying in any medical university of Russia are :
- Indian students have to appear in a screening test after completing their degree from medical colleges in Russia.
- MCI/NMC Screening Test/FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is the test that they must clear.
- Indian students must secure minimum 50% marks in this exam to qualify it.
- June & December are the months when students can appear in this exam every year.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts for clearing this exam currently.
- After clearing this exam students have to undergo 1 year compulsory internship in India.
- Finally, the government provides permanent registration to them to work as a medical practitioner.
- Doctors can then practice in government/private hospitals and also run their own clinics.
- Or, they can also choose to appear for NEET PG in India or any other country’s PG exam.
Related Pages :
- Medical Colleges/Universities in Kyrgyzstan
- Medical Colleges/Universities in Kazakhstan