MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
Before directly jumping to discussing about MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, let us first know few things about the country. Kyrgyzstan, officially known as the Kyrgyz Republic is a Central Asia country located between Kazakhstan, China, Uzbekistan & Tajikistan. It was formed when the USSR was disintegrated in year 1991. It is one of those countries that is farthest from sea individually & more than 3/4th of the country is covered by mountain regions while the remaining being made up of beautiful valleys & basins. The country harbors the famous Lake Issyk-Kul, which is the largest lake in whole country & a major tourist attraction too. Kyrgyzstan is very rich in various deposits of metals including gold & some very rare earth metals found elsewhere in the world.
Bishkek, is the official national capital city of Kyrgyz Republic followed by Osh as the second largest city. Bishkek has a population of approx. 9,50,000 people and is the most populated city in Kyrgyzstan. The climate of Kyrgyzstan varies from region to region. The southern region of the country experiences extreme summers with temperatures even touching 40 degrees and above. The northern part of country sees an average of temperatures between 0 to -10 degrees in winters; with summers being slightly moderate as compared to the southern part of Kyrgyz Republic.
Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan got popular among students from India soon after year 2010 when some universities decided to start offering the course in English medium for international students. The government medical universities of Kyrgyzstan are not old as those of Russia & other countries. However, the standard of education is appreciable. The universities are operated under the control of Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic & Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyz Republic. All universities are also recognized by WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) as well as MCI (Medical Council of India). The MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan is lowest when compared to studying MBBS in Russia, Ukraine or China. There are some newly established private medical colleges too in Kyrgyzstan which are also approved the government of Kyrgyzstan as well as Medical Council of India.
Students have various colleges to choose from when deciding to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The course of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is offered both in English medium as well as Russian medium. Almost all students that go to Kyrgyzstan to pursue their medical education choose English as their medium of instruction. Every year about 300-500 students from India take admission in each university of Kyrgyzstan which is a big figure indeed. This comes due to the fact that all universities of Kyrgyzstan that offer students to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan cost between 11-20 Lac for whole course including some other expenses too. And additionally, the duration of whole course is 5 years only as compared to 6 years as in Russia & Ukraine.
These 10 medical universities in Kyrgyzstan alone accept as many students from India as 20 universities of Russia or Ukraine do every year in total. With such a huge intake every year one can imagine the number of Indian students studying in each university of Kyrgyzstan. Some benefits of so many students are that Indian mess is available in every university of Kyrgyzstan to cater to needs of Indian students; bumper celebration of Indian festivals in university campus just as in India; several co curricular & sporting activities for Indian students, etc.
The classes are conducted in small groups of 15-20 students in 1 group. It’s always easy for the teacher as well as students to manage a small group. Students are also provided coaching apart from the regular university classes for preparation of MCI Screening Test/FMGE/National Exit Test that they must clear in India after completion of their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The grading system in Kyrgyzstan follows the same exact patterns in Russia & Ukraine i.e. grades are awarded in range of 1 to 5 where 1 is the least score; 2 is fail; 3 is satisfactory; 4 is good & 5 being excellent. In addition to the medical subjects that students learn while studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan they are also taught Russian language free of cost so as to help them to communicate with local citizens of country there & most importantly communicate with patients in later years of their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
Exams & tests are conducted on a regular basis in both online & offline (pen & paper) mode. Students are required to pass a final government licensing exam in last year of their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan before they are awarded the MD (Physician) degree. The degree only differs in name from the MBBS degree awarded in India and students get registered as MBBS practitioner in India after they clear the MCI exam in India. During their tenure of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan they get a whole lot of exposure in diagnosing patients. From the 2nd year of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan students regularly have their classes conducted in hospitals in city and learn in close coordination with doctors working there. Cricket tournaments are also organized every year in various universities of Kyrgyzstan for the entertainment of Indian students doing MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
With only 55,000-60,000 medical seats available in India every year & more than 14 Lac students competing for them, it’s always good to find such an amazing country where the duration is also almost the same as in India, fees is so low, a huge community of Indian students in already present, all colleges are recognized by government of India & last but not the least which is just 2 hrs 30 mins from India. We seriously believe that the option of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan serves & contributes immensely in creating doctors for our national by providing all the pros in the perfect combination.
Benefits of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
Summarizing all of the above mentioned, the benefits of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are :
- No donation or entrance exam required for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
- Admissions granted directly on eligibility i.e. 50% marks in PCB in 12th; 17 years of age; NEET qualification as per government rules
- Very low fees starting from 11 Lac for whole course including hostel accommodation
- Full course of MBBS conducted in English especially for students from India
- All medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan are approved by WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India)
- Classes of 15-20 students for a better teacher & student understanding
- Separate hostel for Indian students with all security facilities
- All basic amenities available in hostels and are free of cost for all students
- Different types of accommodation options available to students like 2/3/4 seat rooms in hostel or flat accommodation outside campus
- Indian mess available in all universities of Kyrgyzstan
- Option to practice in Kyrgyzstan just after completion of course
- Enormous number of Indian students studying in each university for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan in English medium
- Students may take USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc. for further PG education while doing their course
- Several student exchange programs available & summer internships are also offered by medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan
- Regular extra-curricular activities like cricket tournaments are conducted by universities for student’s entertainment every year
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is one of the most relevant choices one can make while choosing to steer ahead in his/her career of pursuing MBBS education abroad. Some useful information that might clear most of one’s doubts is as mentioned below :
- The country receives immense support and funding from government in order to maintain higher standards of medical education for it’s own nationals as well as international students.
- All universities that provide the opportunity to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are recognized by WHO & MCI, and hence the Indian students graduating from any of these can practice medicine anywhere in whole world including India.
- The national language of Kyrgyzstan is Kyrgyz, however the many people of Kyrgyzstan also understand English as well.
- Indian students who study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan get the opportunity to participate in various exchange programs conducted by universities. With the help of these programs they get the opportunity to travel to various other countries of Europe and learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
- The total fee for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students falls in the most affordable spectrum for an Indian family and the cost of living is quite low as compared to other western as well as European countries.
- Indian students generally stay in the hostels provided by university, however they can also choose to rent a flat/apartment in city and live by themselves.
- The degree awarded to Indian students is MD (Physician) which is equivalent to MBBS in India and the duration of MBBS course is 5 years.
- Almost all government medical universities that today offer MBBS in Kyrgyzstan today have English medium course for Indian students. The entire course of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is taught in English and additionally, students are also taught local language (As a subject with regular tests of it) so that they never find it difficult to communicate with local people and get to know the country better.
- The facilities and security for international citizens (Indian students) are much superior and far better controlled when compared to India, and hence student’s parents can be assured that their wards are at a very safe destination.
- All admissions to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are done solely on eligibility criteria decided by university and that of MCI (For India) on a first come first serve basis without any donation being involved.
- MBBS in Kyrgyzstan can prove to be the best option for pursuing medical education abroad for Indian students if you are qualified in NEET but unfortunately could not either secure a seat or afford the fees in India.
- The average cost of living is very affordable when compared to other countries in Europe. Students can easily spend a month in USD 80 with their food expenses, travelling within city in public transport, miscellaneous expenses included.
- Indian mess is available in all MBBS universities in Kyrgyzstan where Indian students are currently studying. Students can choose to have food in Indian mess where Indian food is served or prepare food by themselves to save a bit.
- Going by the world rankings, the students have this golden opportunity to get admission in MBBS in Kyrgyzstan in universities which are ranked among top world universities and yes, much higher than government medical universities of India too.
- The teachers and professors who are engaged in training foreign students including Indians, are either experienced doctors or hold a PhD degree and have proficiency in teaching in English medium.
- Classes never have more than 15 students and it makes it really easy and comfortable for Indian students to directly interact with their teachers and clear doubts.
- Each university in Kyrgyzstan has a fixed number of MBBS seats for foreign students so students must always decide well in time to be able to get opportunity to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan in university of their choice.
- All facilities like electricity, hot & cold water, laundry, heating system in rooms, etc. Is free of cost for students and is by default already included in the government hostel fees that student pays to university.
- Students get clinical exposure from 3rdyear to 5th year when they interact directly with patients in government hospitals located within city while they devote most of their time in learning theoretical section during the first 2 years of their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.