MBBS in China
Well, most us have heard students talking about doing MBBS in China, but let us first know a little bit about the country. China, officially known as the People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the world’s most populated country & located in the eastern part of Asia. It is the 4th largest country of world by area after Russia, Canada & USA. The country is separated by the great Himalaya, Karakoram & Pamir mountains from the southern & central part of Asia. The country has the longest land border of 22,000 kms. and shares it’s border with 14 other nations. China is the world’s super power in terms of trade activity. It is the fastest growing economy in the world in terms of purchasing power & GDP. It also has the world’s largest standing army & 2nd largest defense budget in world.
China experiences a dry summer season & a wet monsoon which leads to a huge difference in temperatures of summers & winters. The country has winters with snow in some regions & others with no snow in winters. Due to the huge variation of topography found along the width of Chinese sub continent, there are variety of climates experienced by people in different parts of it. Beijing is the official capital f the People’s Republic of China. It is the 2nd most populated city in China with a population of 1,64,00,000 just behind Shanghai which has a population of 2,02,17,000. The most commonly language spoken is Mandarin i.e. standard Chinese based on the dialect of Mandarin language as spoken in Beijing. The Mandarin language has many other dialects too based on regions.
MBBS in China
Students who think of doing MBBS in China should know one thing that it is one country which invests more & more in education every year than other countries. The country is promoting it’s campaign to accept students from India for MBBS in China by even offering various scholarships. The country has more than 18 of it’s universities in top 100 medical universities of the world list. The medical universities in China are run by the government through Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China and Ministry of Education of China.
All of it’s medical universities are approved by WHO (World Health Organization), included in WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools) & recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India) too. The thing to know well before time is that MBBS colleges in China do not offer as many seats as MBBS colleges in Russia, Ukraine or Kyrgyzstan does. Most of it’s universities offer 40 to maximum 150 seats for foreign students every year. So if one plans to get admission in China, he/she must be fast to apply for a seat just at the right time or else he misses it.
The course of MBBS in China is available in English medium. Currently there are approx. 50 medical universities that are allowed by the Medical Council of India where students can take admission to study MBBS in China in English medium. More than 6,000 students take admission in China every year from India alone. The professors & doctors involved in imparting education to international students are highly skilled with immense experience in their fields. In contrary to what most of us believe about China in India, they are very friendly with Indians and welcome students with generosity. It’s probably in their tradition to be an excellent host & always welcome their guests.
The duration of MBBS in China is of 5 years. It is less as compared to MBBS in Russia & Ukraine and similar to the duration as in Kyrgyzstan. The degree awarded to students in China after completion of their course is MBBS. Students must clear a national government licensing exam as the final examination of their courses to get their degrees. After which they can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/National Exit Test to further get their registration done in India as a registered MBBS practitioner.
Each class has 15 students in batch. Lower number of students in class allows teachers to pay proper attention to each of them. The students get equal opportunity of theoretical as well as practical knowledge while studying MBBS in China. They get to visit the hospitals regularly to communicate with local patients from their 2nd year of education. Students are also taught the local language of China i.e. Mandarin, so that they are easily able to communicate with local patients & understand them before preparing their diagnosis & reporting it back to their doctors in English.
The grading system of MBBS in China is done on a 5/4 scale i.e. Grades from A to F (Skipping E) denote from the highest score to the lowest/fail. Tests & exams are conducted on a very regular basis in China. They are done in offline & online mode and are taken in oral, written, practical, MCQ types, etc. MBBS in China has been one of the oldest destinations for students from India. The quality & standard of education being imparted in China is well recognized in India and students prefer it as one the best destinations for medical education abroad.
Benefits of MBBS in China
There are a whole lot of benefits of studying MBBS in China which are as mentioned below :
- No donation required for MBBS in China & no entrance exam too
- Admissions solely on the basis of eligibility i.e. 50% marks in PCB in 12th; 17 years of age; NEET qualification (As decided by government)
- Affordable MBBS fees in China starting from 14 Lac for whole course including hostel accommodation
- Full course of MBBS conducted in English especially for international students
- All medical universities are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India)
- Classes do not have more than 15 students for a better teaching atmosphere
- Separate hostel for foreign students with all modern security facilities
- All basic amenities available in foreign students hostel and are given free of cost in hostel
- Choice of accommodation available to students like 2/3/4 seat rooms in hostel or flat accommodation outside campus
- Mess is available for Indian students especially
- Students have the option to practice medicine in China just after completion of MBBS in China
- Large number of Indian students already studying in all universities
- Students can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc. for further PG education in USA, UK & other countries while doing their course
- Several student exchange programs available & summer internships are also offered by medical colleges in China
- Regular extra-curricular activities are organized by universities for students