MBBS Fees in Russia
We offer the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who are desirous of direct MBBS admission in Russia for the upcoming academic session here. Students would find the table very useful, as the MBBS fees structure in Russia is provided in US Dollars as well as in Indian Rupees. It gives a very clear idea about the yearly fees of each university & students can accordingly decide where they want to study MBBS in Russia.
IMPORTANT : MBBS admission in Russia 2021 (January Session) is now open in selected universities that are highlighted in below table.
|Name of University||Estd.||City||1st Year Fees
(Tuition + Hostel + Medical)
|2nd-6th / Year Fees
(Tuition + Hostel + Medical)
|Total Course Fees
(Tuition + Hostel + Medical)
|Kursk State Medical University
|1935||Kursk||USD 6,280 / INR 4,39,600||USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000||USD 37,280 / INR 26,09,600|
|Izhevsk State Medical Academy||1933||Izhevsk||USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000||USD 3,500 / INR 2,45,000||USD 24,000 / INR 16,80,000|
|Crimea Federal University||1931||Simferopol||USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000||USD 3,600 / INR 2,52,000||USD 24,500 / INR 17,15,000|
|Bashkir State Medical University||1932||Ufa||USD 5,400 / INR 3,78,000||USD 4,400 / INR 3,08,000||USD 27,400 / INR 19,18,000|
|Ulyanovsk State University||1995||Ulyanovsk||USD 5,500 / INR 4,20,000||USD 4,800 / INR 3,36,000||USD 29,500 / INR 20,65,000|
|Stavrapol State Medical University||1937||Stavrapol||USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000||USD 4,700 / INR 3,29,000||USD 29,500 / INR 20,65,000|
|Far Eastern Federal University||1899||Vladivostok||USD 5,100 / INR 3,57,000||USD 5,100 / INR 3,57,000||USD 30,600 / INR 21,42,000|
|Perm State Medical University||1916||Perm||USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000||USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000||USD 33,000 / INR 21,45,000|
|Mari State University||1972||Yoshkar-Ola||USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000||USD 5,000 / INR 3,50,000||USD 31,000 / INR 21,70,000|
|Altai State Medical University||1954||Barnaul||USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000||USD 5,100 / INR 3,57,000||USD 31,500 / INR 22,05,000|
|Siberian State Medical University||1930||Tomsk||USD 6,150 / INR 4,30,700||USD 5,150 / INR 3,60,500||USD 31,900 / INR 22,33,000|
|Kazan State Medical University||1814||Kazan||USD 6,700 / INR 4,69,000||USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000||USD 34,200 / INR 23,94,000|
|Kazan Federal University||1804||Kazan||USD 6,685 / INR 4,67,950||USD 5,635 / INR 3,94,450||USD 34,860 / INR 24,20,200|
|Orenburg State Medical University||1944||Orenburg||USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000||USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000||USD 36,000 / INR 25,20,000|
|Northern State Medical University||1932||Arkhangelsk||USD 5,620 / INR 3,93,000||USD 5,620 / INR 3,93,400||USD 33,720 / INR 26,40,400|
|Volgograd State Medical University||1935||Volgograd||USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100||USD 6,530 / INR 4,57,100||USD 39,180 / INR 27,42,000|
|Tver State Medical University||1954||Tver||USD 7,000 / INR 4,90,000||USD 7,000 / INR 4,90,000||USD 42,000 / INR 29,40,000|
|Novosibirsk State University||1958||Novosibirsk||USD 7,980 / INR 5,58,000||USD 6,980 / INR 4,88,600||USD 42,880 / INR 30,01,600|
|Russian National Medical University||1930||Moscow||USD 12,500 / INR 8,75,000||USD 10,300 / INR 7,21,000||USD 64,000 / INR 44,80,000|
|First Moscow State Medical University||1758||Moscow||USD 17,100 / INR 11,97,000||USD 15,900 / INR 11,13,000||USD 96,600 / INR 67,62,000|
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* 1 USD = INR 70 applied at the time of preparing above MBBS fees structure.
* Amount payable may differ at the time of exchange depending on forex rate.
To know more details about MBBS admission procedure in any of the above mentioned MBBS colleges in Russia, you can simply click on their name to know all details about them like university, fees, hostels, faculties, city, lifestyle & a lot more. All of the medical universities mentioned above are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) as well as MCI (Medical Council of India).
MBBS Eligibility in Russia
The MBBS eligibility requirements in Russia are as mentioned below :
- 50% marks in PCB in 12th/Inter (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC)
- NEET qualified
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
Apart from the eligibility requirement specified above, few selected top medical universities in Russia have their specific eligibility requirement for PCB percentage in 12th, which can be 60%-70% marks too instead of the regular 50% marks criteria set by MCI (Medical Council of India).
MBBS Admission Procedure in Russia
The MBBS admission procedure in Russia is processed as mentioned below :
- Student submits scans 10th & 12th marksheet & NEET result along with filled up application forms.
- Admission letter is issued by university within 2-3 working days from the date of application.
- Student submits the original documents along with passport and photos in our office.
- Invitation letter for study visa is provided to us by university for further visa application.
- Visa stamping is carried out by us and we inform the student about departure date from India.
* The above procedure can be done online by sending documents on email or by visiting any of our offices.
Benefits of MBBS in Russia :
Some of the most important benefits of studying MBBS in Russia are as follows :
- No donation or entrance exam to be taken by students in India for MBBS admission in Russia.
- MBBS admission granted solely on the basis of eligibility requirements and no competitive exam.
- MBBS fees in Russia for whole course falls between 16 Lac to 26 Lac to cater to needs of all sorts of students.
- Full course of MBBS education in English medium, especially crafted for Indian students.
- All medical colleges in Russia are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) as well as MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Classes with not more than 15 students for better understanding & learning.
- Separate hostel for Indian students with round the clock security.
- All basic amenities available in hostels and are free of cost (Included in MBBS fees) for all students.
- Different types of accommodation options available to students like 2/3/4 seater rooms in hostels.
Apart from the above mentioned university & hostel benefits that a students enjoys in Russia, there are numerous other factors that students can benefit from while pursuing their MBBS in Russia :
- Option available for Indian students to practice medicine immediately after completion of MBBS course.
- A huge community of Indian students is currently studying MBBS in Russia.
- Indian students can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc. to pursue PG (Post graduation) in any of these countries.
- Student exchange programs & summer internships offered by all government medical universities in Russia.
- Regular extra-curricular activities conducted by universities for overall personality development of students.
Important facts about MBBS in Russia :
MBBS admission in Russia is one of the most relevant choices one can make while choosing to steer ahead in his/her career of pursuing MBBS education abroad. Some useful facts that might clear most of one’s doubts and prove to be somehow helpful are as mentioned below :
- The country receives immense support and funding from government in order to maintain higher standards of medical education for it’s own nationals as well as international students.
- MBBS course from Russia is recognized by WHO & MCI, and hence the Indian students graduating from any of these can practice medicine anywhere in whole world including India.
- The national language of Russia is Russian language, however much of the population also understands English language.
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Russia get the opportunity to participate in various exchange programs conducted by universities. With the help of these programs they get the opportunity to travel to various other countries of Europe and learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
- The MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students falls in the affordable spectrum for an Indian family and the cost of living is quite low as compared to other western as well as European countries.
- Indian students generally stay in the hostels provided by university during their full tenure of MBBS in Russia, however they can also choose to rent a flat/apartment in city and live by themselves.
- The degree awarded to Indian students is MD (Physician) which is equivalent to MBBS in India, and the duration of MBBS course is 5 years 8 months (often known as 6 years).
- All universities offer MBBS course in English medium for Indian students. The entire course of MBBS in Russia is taught in English and additionally, students are also taught local language (As a subject with regular tests of it), so that they never find it difficult to communicate with local people and get to know the country better.
- The facilities and security for international citizens (Indian students) are much superior and far better controlled when compared to India, and hence student’s parents can be assured that their wards are at a very safe destination.
- MBBS admissions in Russia are done based on eligibility criteria decided by university and that of MCI (For Indians) on a first come first serve basis without any donation being involved.
- Choosing to study MBBS in Russia can prove to be the best option for pursuing medical education abroad for Indian students, if you are qualified in NEET but unfortunately could not either secure a seat or afford the fees in India.
- The average cost of living in Russia is very affordable, when compared to other countries in Europe. Students can easily spend a month in USD 100 with their food expenses, travelling within city in public transport, miscellaneous expenses included.
- Indian mess is available in most of the Russian universities where Indian students are currently studying. Students can choose to have food in Indian mess or prepare food by themselves to save a bit.
- Going by the world rankings, the students have a golden opportunity to get direct MBBS admission in Russia in those top ranked government universities of Russia, which are ranked among top world universities and of course much higher than government medical universities of India too.
- The teachers and professors who are engaged in training Indian students are either experienced doctors or hold a Ph.D degree and have proficiency in teaching international students in English medium.
- Classes never have more than 15 students and it makes it really easy and comfortable for Indian students to directly interact with their teachers and clear doubts.
- There are a fixed number of seats for each country for MBBS in Russia in each university and hence students must decide well in time to be able to get confirmed MBBS admission in Russia in university of their choice.
- All facilities like electricity, hot & cold water, laundry, heating system in rooms, etc. are free of cost for students and is by default already included in the government hostel fees that students pay to university.
- Students get clinical exposure from 4th year to 6th year when they interact directly with patients in government hospitals located within city while they devote most of their time in learning theoretical section during the first 3 years of their MBBS in Russia.
Before deciding about MBBS in Russia, let us tell you a little about Russia. Formerly known as USSR & officially known as the Russian Federation, it is the largest country in the world covering an area of more than 1,70,75,200 sq. kms. and thus making it larger than the continents of Europe, Antarctica & Oceania. The country’s soil is a very rich source of natural resources like natural gas, petroleum, coal, minerals, ores & timber. Russia has a coastline of more than 35,000 kms. running along the Pacific & Arctic oceans.
The country has thousands of rivers & in-land water bodies making the country largest surface water resource in whole world. Russia’s lakes contain approx. 1/4th of whole world’s liquid fresh water. The largest Russia’s water body is Lake Baikal, which is the world’s oldest, deepest, & purest fresh water lake. This lake alone contains more than 1/5th of world’s fresh surface water.
Moscow (Moskva in Russia) is the capital city of Russia. Some other major cities of Russia being St. Petersburg, Kazan, Novosibirsk & Ekaterinburg. The climate of Russia has 2 major seasons i.e. summers & winters. The other 2 seasons of spring & autumn are for a very short period due to the huge difference in low & high temperatures of summers & winters.
Average temperature in summers are 25 to 35 degrees & between 5 to -15 degrees in winters. However, the winters can be extreme and temperature can take a dip down to -20 or -40 degrees Celsius too, with January being the coldest month of an year.
How is MBBS fees in Russia calculated ?
The MBBS fees in Russia is fixed and payable in Russian Rubles by all medical universities for Russian students only. But, as Russian Ruble is not that easily available at currency exchange firms in many countries (Including India), the MBBS fees for Indian students is converted from Rubles and calculated in US dollars, so as to provide an easy exchange option that is readily available to students here in India.
The students can carry the 1st year MBBS fees with themselves and pay directly at university upon arrival. Once the MBBS fees in Russia is fixed in US dollars, it does not vary with the daily fluctuating value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar, and the student must carry the exact amount of US Dollars mentioned above in MBBS fee structure table, irrespective of the rate of India Rupee against US Dollar at the time of exchange.
How is MBBS fees in Russia paid ?
The MBBS fees in Russia can be paid through 2 modes i.e. direct payment of full university fees upon arrival in Russia, and the second option being transfer of MBBS fees directly to university’s bank account in Russia through bank from any Indian bank. If the student wishes to transfer MBBS fees to medical university through bank, then this must be completed well before departure from India and the student must carry the fees transfer slip from bank along with himself/herself.
However, only selected universities have the facility to accept direct fees transfer from India in university’s official bank account. Hence, almost all of the students carry their 1st year MBBS fees along with themselves and pay after arrival in Russia.