MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan – 2021
We offer the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who are desirous of direct MBBS admission in Kazakhstan for the upcoming academic session here. Students would find the table very useful, as the MBBS fees structure in Kazakhstan is provided in US Dollars as well as in Indian Rupees. It gives a very clear idea about the yearly fees of each university & students can accordingly decide where they want to study MBBS in Kazakhstan.
|Name of University||Estd.||City||1st Year Fees|
(Tuition + Hostel + Medical)
|2nd-5th / Year Fees|
(Tuition + Hostel + Medical)
|Total Course Fees|
(Tuition + Hostel + Medical)
|Asfendiyarov Kazakh Nat. Med. Univ.||1930||Almaty||USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000||USD 4,800 / INR 3,36,000||USD 24,700 / INR 17,29,000|
|South Kazakh Medical Academy||1939||Shymkent||USD 5,850 / INR 4,09,500||USD 3,950 / INR 2,76,500||USD 21,650 / INR 15,15,000|
|North Kazakhstan State University||1937||Petropavl||USD 5,100 / INR 3,57,000||USD 3,500 / INR 2,45,000||USD 19,100 / INR 13,37,000|
|West Kazakhstan State Med. University||1957||Aktobe||USD 5,420 / INR 3,79,000||USD 4,420 / INR 3,09,400||USD 23,100 / INR 16,17,000|
|Al Farabi Kazakh. Nat. Med. University||1934||Almaty||USD 6,600 / INR 4,62,000||USD 5,100 / INR 3,57,000||USD 27,000 / INR 18,90,000|
|Kazakh Med. Univ. of Cont. Education||1954||Almaty||USD 7,050 / INR 4,93,500||USD 5,050 / INR 3,53,500||USD 28,200 / INR 19,74,000|
|Kazakh Russian Medical University||1992||Almaty||USD 7,250 / INR 5,07,500||USD 5,250 / INR 3,67,500||USD 28,250 / INR 19,77,500|
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* 1 USD = INR 70 applied at the time of preparing above MBBS fees structure.
* Amount payable may differ at the time of exchange depending on forex rate.
To know more details about MBBS admission procedure in any of the above mentioned MBBS colleges in Kazakhstan, you can simply click on their name to know all details about them like university, fees, hostels, faculties, city, lifestyle & a lot more. All of the medical universities mentioned above are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) as well as NMC (National Medical Commission).
MBBS Eligibility in Kazakhstan
The MBBS eligibility requirements in Kazakhstan are as mentioned below :
- 50% marks in PCB in 12th/Inter (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC)
- NEET qualified
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
Apart from the eligibility requirement specified above, few selected top medical universities in Kazakhstan have their specific eligibility requirement for PCB percentage in 12th, which can be 60%-70% marks too instead of the regular 50% marks criteria set by NMC (National Medical Commission).
MBBS Admission Procedure in Kazakhstan
The MBBS admission procedure in Kazakhstan is processed as mentioned below :
- Student submits scans 10th & 12th marksheet & NEET result along with filled up application forms.
- Admission letter is issued by university within 2-3 working days from the date of application.
- Student submits the original documents along with passport and photos in our office.
- Invitation letter for study visa is provided to us by university for further visa application.
- Visa stamping is carried out by us and we inform the student about departure date from India.
* The above procedure can be done online by sending documents on email or by visiting any of our offices.
Benefits of MBBS in Kazakhstan :
Some of the most important benefits of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan are as follows :
- No donation or entrance exam to be taken by students in India for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan.
- MBBS admission granted solely on the basis of eligibility requirements and no competitive exam.
- The total duration of MBBS in Kazakhstan in English medium is 5 years only (1 year less than many other countries).
- MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for whole course falls between 11 Lac to 15 Lac to cater to needs of all sorts of students.
- Full course of MBBS education in English medium, especially crafted for Indian students.
- All medical colleges in Kazakhstan are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) as well as NMC (National Medical Commission).
- Classes with not more than 15-20 students for better understanding & learning.
- Separate hostel for Indian students with round the clock security.
- All basic amenities available in hostels and are free of cost (Included in MBBS fees) for all students.
- Different types of accommodation options available to students like 2/3/4 seater rooms in hostels.
Apart from the above mentioned university & hostel benefits that a students enjoys in Kazakhstan, there are numerous other factors that students can benefit from while pursuing their MBBS in Kazakhstan :
- Option available for Indian students to practice medicine just after completion of MBBS course in Kazakhstan.
- A huge community of Indian students is currently studying MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- Indian students can also appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc. to pursue PG (Post graduation) in any of these countries.
- Student exchange programs & summer internships offered by all government medical universities in Kazakhstan.
- Regular extra-curricular activities conducted by universities for overall personality development of students.
Important facts about MBBS in Kazakhstan :
MBBS admission in Kazakhstan is one of the most relevant choices one can make while choosing to steer ahead in his/her career of pursuing MBBS education abroad. Some useful facts that might clear most of one’s doubts and prove to be somehow helpful are as mentioned below :
- The country receives immense support and funding from government in order to maintain higher standards of medical education for it’s own nationals as well as international students.
- MBBS course from Kazakhstan is recognized by WHO & NMC, and hence the Indian students graduating from any of these can practice medicine anywhere in whole world including India.
- The national language of Kazakhstan is Kazakh language, however most of the population also speaks Russian language and many people also speak English language.
- Indian students who take MBBS admission in Kazakhstan get the opportunity to participate in various exchange programs conducted by universities. With the help of these programs they get the opportunity to travel to various other countries of Europe and learn about new advancements in field of medicine.
- The MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students falls in the affordable spectrum for an Indian family and the cost of living is quite low as compared to other western as well as European countries.
- Indian students generally stay in the hostels provided by university during their full tenure of MBBS in Kazakhstan, however they can also choose to rent a flat/apartment in city and live by themselves.
- The degree awarded to Indian students is MD (Physician) which is equivalent to MBBS in India, and the duration of MBBS course is 5 years only.
- All universities offer MBBS course in English medium for Indian students. The entire course of MBBS in Kazakhstan is taught in English and additionally, students are also taught local language (As a subject with regular tests of it), so that they never find it difficult to communicate with local people and get to know the country better.
- The facilities and security for international citizens (Indian students) are much superior and far better controlled when compared to India, and hence student’s parents can be assured that their wards are at a very safe destination.
- MBBS admissions in Kazakhstan are done based on eligibility criteria decided by university and that of NMC (For Indians) on a first come first serve basis without any donation being involved.
- Choosing to study MBBS in Kazakhstan can prove to be the best option for pursuing medical education abroad for Indian students, if you are qualified in NEET but unfortunately could not either secure a seat or afford the fees in India.
- The average cost of living in Kazakhstan is very affordable, when compared to other countries in Europe. Students can easily spend a month in USD 80 with their food expenses, travelling within city in public transport, miscellaneous expenses included.
- Indian mess is available in most of the Kazakhstan universities where Indian students are currently studying. Students can choose to have food in Indian mess or prepare food by themselves to save a bit.
- Going by the world rankings, the students have a golden opportunity to get direct MBBS admission in Kazakhstan in those top ranked government universities of Kazakhstan, which are ranked among top world universities and of course much higher than government medical universities of India too.
- The teachers and professors who are engaged in training Indian students are either experienced doctors or hold a Ph.D degree and have proficiency in teaching international students in English medium.
- Classes never have more than 15-20 students and it makes it really easy and comfortable for Indian students to directly interact with their teachers and clear doubts.
- There are a fixed number of seats for each country for MBBS in Kazakhstan in each university and hence students must decide well in time to be able to get confirmed MBBS admission in Kazakhstan in university of their choice.
- All facilities like electricity, hot & cold water, laundry, heating system in rooms, etc. are free of cost for students and is by default already included in the government hostel fees that students pay to university.
- Students get clinical exposure from 3rd year to 5th year when they interact directly with patients in government hospitals located within city while they devote most of their time in learning theoretical section during the first 3 years of their MBBS in Kazakhstan.
Before directly jumping to discussing about MBBS in Kazakhstan, let us first know few things about the country. Kazakhstan, officially known as the Republic of Kazakhstan is a Central Asia country. It is landlocked country and is also the 9th largest country in whole world. It was formed when the USSR was disintegrated in year 1991. Kazakhstan is the most dominant country in this region and contributes 60% of this region’s GDP due to the oil and gas reserves industry here. It shares it’s borders with Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The present capital city of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan (Known as Astana till 2019), while till year 1997 the capital city used to be Almaty. Apart from the oil and gas reserves in Kazakhstan, the country has the 2nd largest reserves of lead, zinc, uranium and chromium. It is also an active exporter of diamonds across the world. The city of Nur-Sultan (Aka. Astana) is the 2nd largest city of Kazakhstan as the largest city still is Almaty. The country is one of the least densely populated countries in whole world.
The climate of Kazakhstan is however colder as compared to the neighboring countries and it witnesses mild to severe winters which are mostly dry. During summers, the temperatures can reach up to +40 degrees Celsius. Almost whole of the population of Kazakhstan speaks and understands Russian language too. The total population of Kazakhstan is 18.5 million and is 64th populated country in world. The total area of this country is 2,724,900 square kilometers and it is one country which falls in 2 continents i.e. Europe and Asia both.
How is MBBS fees in Kazakhstan calculated ?
The MBBS fees in Kazakhstan is fixed and payable in Kazakhstani Tenge by all medical universities for Kazakhstan students only. But, as Kazakhstani Tenge is not that easily available at currency exchange firms in many countries (Including India), the MBBS fees for Indian students is converted from Tenge and calculated in US dollars, so as to provide an easy exchange option that is readily available to students here in India.
The students can carry the 1st year MBBS fees with themselves and pay directly at university upon arrival. Once the MBBS fees in Kazakhstan is fixed in US dollars, it does not vary with the daily fluctuating value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar, and the student must carry the exact amount of US Dollars mentioned above in MBBS fee structure table, irrespective of the rate of India Rupee against US Dollar at the time of exchange.
How is MBBS fees in Kazakhstan paid ?
The MBBS fees in Kazakhstan can be paid through 2 modes i.e. direct payment of full university fees upon arrival in Kazakhstan, and the second option being transfer of MBBS fees directly to university’s bank account in Kazakhstan through bank from any Indian bank. If the student wishes to transfer MBBS fees to medical university through bank, then this must be completed well before departure from India and the student must carry the fees transfer slip from bank along with himself/herself.
However, only selected universities have the facility to accept direct fees transfer from India in university’s official bank account. Hence, almost all of the students carry their 1st year MBBS fees along with themselves and pay after arrival in Kazakhstan.