MBBS Medical Colleges in China :
It has been decades since medical colleges in China have been a prime choice among students from India willing to pursue MBBS in English medium abroad. There more than 180 MBBS colleges in China that offer medical education for students from around the world and all of those are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization), but only approx. 45-50 of them are recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India). These universities are those which provide complete MBBS course in English medium to international students. Students from India should always check the status of MBBS colleges in China through MCI’s website before making their final decision about university. Today, the status of MBBS in China has reached an international level with thousands of students from India alone going to pursue medicine in English medium. The total MBBS fees in China for English medium course is far less, as compared to other developed countries around the world. This is one of the main factors which attracts this huge number of students from around the world every year to study medicine. Students are taught medicine for 5 years followed by a 1 year internship after they get MBBS admission in China.
All medical universities in China are run by the government of People’s Republic of China and strictly adhere to the rules outlined by it. For getting admission in any of the above medical colleges in China, the student must be eligible (As per the eligibility criteria link given above) post which, the university provides the an acceptance of admission letter/form (aka. JW-202) which must be submitted in Chinese Embassy along with passport & other relevant documents to get a study visa. The number of medical seats in each of the MBBS colleges in China is very limited and it is one country where seats are filled much before other countries like Russia, Ukraine or Kyrgyzstan. So, all students who have good academic record (As per the university selection) and are interested to take MBBS admission in China must ensure to apply well in time as most of the university’ seats are over by June end every year. The country is very welcoming to foreign nationals and students have completed their MBBS in China have always said that the time they spent in China was the best part of their life.
Eligibility Requirement :
- 50% to 80% marks in PCB & English in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
* All medical colleges in China have their own criteria for minimum marks required.
* Eligibility Requirement for each college can be checked on : https://www.prologueabroad.com/Eligibility%20Requirement.jpg
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 5 Years + 1 Year Internship
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- Detailed Fees Structure : https://www.prologueabroad.com/mbbs-fees-in-china/
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MCI Recognized Medical Colleges in China :
The medical colleges in China that are approved & recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India) for accepting students from India for session 2019/20 are listed as below :
- China Three Gorges University
- Beihua Medical University
- Nantong University
- Kunming Medical University
- Fujian Medical University
- Wenzhou Medical University
- Anhui Medical University
- Shihezi University
- Guangzhou Medical University
- North Sichuan Medical University
- Soochow University
- Xiamen Medical University
- Jiangsu Medical University
- Nanjing Medical University
- Qingdao University
- Jilin University
- Jinzhou Medical University
- Ningxia Medical University
- Zhengzhou University
- Guangxi Medical University
- Sichuan Medical University
- Hust University
- China Medical University
- Xian Jiatong University
- Dalian University
- Capital Medical University*
- Tianjin Medical University
Studying in Medical Colleges in China :
During the course of student’s medical education in China, the universities ensure that equal importance is given to theoretical as well as practical knowledge. The universities have highly developed modern infrastructure and are equipped with with best in class technology to make sure that students learn about the latest medical advances & technology that is in use in other parts of the world. The MBBS colleges in China have separate hostels for foreign students for their accommodation. Strict discipline and order is maintained in hostels with round the clock security. All rooms are pre-equipped study tables, study chairs, wardrobes, lamps, beds, bed sheets, pillows, etc. before the arrival of fresh students. Boys and girls have separate blocks and floors in hostels. Indian mess facility is also available in in hostel premises for Indian students especially. The universities organize annual sporting & cultural events for foreign students to help them bring out their inner talents and skills which helps in their overall personality development. Indian festivals too like Holi, Diwali, Eid, etc. are celebrated by Indian students every year with great enthusiasm and joy.
Are medical colleges in China recognized by MCI ?
All medical colleges in China that are offered by us above are recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India) and the same can be checked online by visiting list of medical colleges to study MBBS abroad. We strongly recommend each and every student to once visit the MCI’s official website and verify that the medical college in China where he/she intends to take admission is included in China’s recognized colleges list. This is very important, as only students those who complete their MBBS course from a MCI recognized medical college in China are allowed to appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/National Exit Test in India for practicing medicine here.
Are MBBS colleges in China government or private ?
All MBBS colleges in China that are currently being offered by us to Indian students are government universities. This is one of the prime reasons for such low MBBS fees in China as compared to Indian medical colleges. With a very low population in China, these handful number of government MBBS colleges in China are actually sufficient to provide adequate healthcare services to whole of it’s population. Hence, nor there has not been any such requirement nor competition in establishing private medical colleges in China yet.
Why all medical colleges in China have different fees ?
Just as not all colleges in India have the same common fee structure, same applies to China too. However, there are some obvious factors which determine and help us understand the varying pattern of fees in different medical colleges in China. Some of the factors are as mentioned below :
- Location of university
- Establishment year of university
- Number of foreign students enrolled in university
- Number of years since English medium course started
- Standard of hostel & facilities for foreign students
- Level of expertise of medical faculty teaching in English medium
- Number of hospitals associated with university for clinical classes
- Additional facility of MCI training & preparation
- Availability of guest lecturers from India
- Use of modern & digital technology in teaching
- Opportunity to participate in exchange programs with other countries
These above factors are not the only ones that are taken into consideration while deciding fees. There are some medical colleges in China that have very good infrastructure and facilities, but offer MBBS course in low fees as a step to attract more international students and stay in competition with other universities.
How should I choose the best MBBS college in China for myself ?
With so many good MBBS colleges in China available for studying MBBS in China, it can be rather confusing at times to finalize one of them. A basic approach which we suggest should be, simply to plan and first of all decide your total affordable budget for whole MBBS course including living expenses, travelling to India expenses and any other miscellaneous expenses which you have in your mind. After which, you should calculate the total amount which you can afford per year and then start looking for options within that budget. We are always here to suggest the best possible option within your affordable budget and help you finalize a suitable MBBS colleges in China accordingly. As not all universities in China allow transfer of fees through loan directly in their bank accounts, we also advise you on which university to go for if you wish to study with loan assistance in China.
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee, one time & miscellaneous fees.
* 1 RMB = INR 10 applied at the time of preparing above fee structure.
* Amount payable may differ at the time of exchange depending on forex rate.
* 1 year pre-medical course before MBBS course in Capital Medical University (RMB 42,300 / INR 4,23,000)
All of the medical universities are recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) as well as MCI (Medical Council of India).
Check MCI Recognition : https://www.mciindia.org/CMS/information-desk/for-students-to-study-in-abroad
Check WHO Recognition : https://search.wdoms.org/
MBBS Colleges in China – Medical Colleges in China – Best Medical Universities in China – MBBS Medical Colleges in China for Indian Students