Mari State University
Mari State University was founded in year 1972 and is a classical university of Mari El Republic. The university is located in the city of Yoskar Ola, the capital city of this Mari El Republic state. It functions under the Ministry of Health of Russian Federation & Ministry of Science and Higher Education System of Russia. The university is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & NMC (National Medical Commission). MSU, Yoskar Ola is among the top 100 medical colleges in Russia. The university is a member of Volga Association of Classical Universities & Russian Association of Classical Universities. Mari State University is also the founder of Association of Finno-Urgic Universities. The university is not only involved in training students for MBBS in Russia, but has many other institutes actively training students in the fields of management, mathematics, pedagogy, economics, agricultural technology, etc. The university also provides students from India the opportunity to actively engage in scientific and research projects with researchers at university so that they can learn something new every day. The university had recently started MBBS in English medium especially for students from India, and is already witnessing a steep rise in number of MBBS applications from India. Mari State University’s ranking might not be among the top medical universities in Russia but it surely is one of the best destinations for international students to pursue medical education in a low budget.
MBBS Fees in Mari State University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,000 / INR 3,50,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 31,000 / INR 21,70,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Mari State University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Mari State University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Mari State University
While MBBS course has been running at university since decades, but it has just been around a couple of years since it started English medium course for students from India for MBBS admission in Russia. And since the year it started English medium MBBS course, hundreds of eligible students from India have opted to study MBBS in Mari University. The total MBBS fees in Mari State University is very low as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Russia. The duration of MBBS in Mari in English medium is of 5 years 8 months which is often called as 6 years. The first 3 years of course cover most of the theoretical subjects of medicine, while the last last 3 years of course are solely dedicated towards providing clinical exposure to Indian students. During this time, Indian students get the opportunity to visit hospitals within the city and interact with patients. The university has student societies for each faculty and all of these are under the control of a central student scientific society which unites them. With this hierarchy system every student gets the opportunity to participate in various seminars, conferences, exchange programs that are conducted from time to time on domestic, national & international level. This system offers more opportunity to students of Mari State University which is not found elsewhere in other MBBS colleges in Russia.
Mari State University Hostels
Foreign students studying MBBS in Yoshkar-Ola are provided accommodation in Mari State University hostels located near the university campus. Students have the option to choose from 2 and 3 seater rooms. Boys and girls are provided accommodation in separate blocks and floors. All rooms are equipped with beds, study table, study chair, wardrobe, lambs, etc. The hostels have modern facilities of CCTV surveillance, fire alrm safety systems and round the clock security for foreigner students. Some of the university staff also stays in these hostels for assistance of foreign students at any point of time. All floors have common washrooms, showers, kitchens, etc. All rooms are equipped with radiators to keep the rooms warm during winters. Gym facility is available at all hostels for students to work out & stay fit. Indian mess is also available within the Mari State University hostels and students can join mess on monthly basis where they get breakfast, lunch and dinner. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are available. Students also get to enjoy festivals & cultural events which are organized by university during their course of MBBS in Mari State University. Every year numerous events are held at university including basketball, badminton, volleyball, aerobics, shooting, table tennis, football, etc which are organized by the students association of university. Students who do not wish to stay in Mari State University government hostel can rent a flat/apartment and city too.
Mari State University Faculties
Mari State University offers courses in 55 fields of education & 3 specialties. Faculty of general medicine is just one of them. Currently, 8500 students are enrolled in various fields of education. Some of the institutes functioning under the university are institute of agricultural technology, economics, management, finance, medicine, natural sciences, intercultural communication, professional education, pedagogy & psychology. The faculties at Mari States University are Physics, Mathematics, History, Philology, Electrical Engineering, Foreign languages, law, Physical Education, Sports & Tourism. In addition to the above, there are many schools & centers also functioning under the management of university. The faculty of general medicine at Mari University receives the most number of applications from the Indian sub continent every year as compared to other faculties. Studying MBBS in Mari State University is the most sought after option among students as it the course which is offered in English medium and hence attracts large number of students from India every year. The university invites all eligible students from India to study MBBS in Mari and create a bright future for themselves and serve their nations and elsewhere.
Yoshkar-Ola City in Russia
The name of city Yoshkar-Ola mean Red City in local language. It is however the 3rd name of this city with earlier names being Tsaryovokokshaysk & Krasnokokshaysk. The older names of the city were derived from the name of a river Malaya Kokshaga. The city is well connected bus & train to routes to major cities around it and has daily train service to Moscow. The city also has an airport on it’s outskirts which has daily flights to Moscow. The city of Yoshkar-Ola is hub for education in whole state of Mari El Republic and has more than 88 institute including the Mary State University. 1st year students who arrive in Mari are often taken on a city tour by their teachers so that they get to know about the city and Russian culture better. Mari State University has tie ups with some renowned universities in Europe and Indian students can benefit through such exchange program and learn about new advances in field of modern medicine. The city is not a metropolitan, but is one of the best for a peaceful atmosphere that a student should have while studying MBBS in Mari State University.
Why to study MBBS in Mari State University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Mari State University are as mentioned below :
- Mari State University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Yoshkar Ola is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Yoshkar Ola too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Mari State University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Mari State University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Mari State University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Mari State University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Yoshkar Ola are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Yoshkar Ola, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Mari State University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Mari State University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Mari State University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Yoshkar Ola have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Mari, Russia.
- The city of Yoshkar Ola in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Mari, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.