About Lugansk State Medical University
Lugansk State Medical University was founded in the year 1956 and was established with the name Voroshilovgrad State Medical University. The university ranks 3rd among medical colleges in Ukraine as per a report published by Ministry of Health of Ukraine. LSMU has level IV accreditation from government of Ukraine for teaching students. The university works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The university received 1st application for foreign student for MBBS admission in Ukraine in the year 1983 and since then the number of students willing to study MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University has just been increasing every year. Today, students from more than 30 different countries around the world are studying here. The university holds a prestigious image in terms of handling and teaching foreign students among MBBS colleges in Ukraine. Lugansk offer graduate, post graduate & specialty courses to students from India in various fields of education. At present more than 300 students from India alone are studying MBBS in Lugansk.
Lugansk State Medical university has a modern and well developed campus comprising of 5 buildings, clinics, libraries and hostels. The university has cooperation agreements with renowned universities around the world like Cambridge University, Poland Medical Academy & Virden University. The university provides MBBS course in Ukrainian as well as English medium for foreign students who come to study in Lugansk State Medical University. The duration of MBBS course is 6 years which includes internship too in Ukraine. The first 3 years are more centralized toward theoretical knowledge and the last 3 years are dedicated to clinical classes in government hospitals located in city. Students get to communicate with patients during their tenure of education and learn a lot practically. The total fees for MBBS course in English medium is far less than other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine which makes is one of the prime reasons why students choose Lugansk State Medical University over other MBBS colleges in Ukraine. The university also has various exchange programs with other universities around the world. Indian students can benefit from these and travel to other countries to gain new experiences and learn a lot new in medicine during their vacations with their teachers.
Lugansk State Medical University has the following faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, dentistry, pediatrics, pharmacy, nursing, pre-medical and faculty of post graduate education. The faculty of general medicine is the one which receive maximum number of applications every year from international students for studying MBBS in Ukraine. The teachers who are involved in training foreign students are doctors with MD & PhD degrees. They are highly skilled in their respective fields as well as very fluent in teaching in English medium. Students get equal opportunity of participating in scientific and research work in parallel with academic knowledge that is given to them during their tenure of MBBS in Ukraine. The university invites all eligible aspiring applicants from around the world to apply and reap the benefits of MBBS in Ukraine in a low budget and become great future doctors and serve their nations. The academic session in Lugansk begins in the month of September every year and it starts accepting applications for it from India from March itself. As the university has limited number of seats assigned to students from India, students must apply well in time with necessary documents to get a confirmed MBBS seat here for English medium course.
MBBS Admission in Lugansk State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 / INR 3,90,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 3,750 / INR 2,43,750
- Total Course Fee : USD 24,750 / INR 16,08,750
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
Study in Lugansk State Medical University
Lugansk State Medical University has 5 hostels for accommodation of students staying in university in different courses. Few of them are especially dedicated for international students with better facilities. The hostels are equipped with modern facilities, CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety system and round the clock security. Boys and girls are provided accommodation in separate floors and block in the international students hostel. The students have the option to choose from a 2 or a 3 seater room depending on availability of room. All rooms are equipped with study table, study chair, lamps, wardrobes, beds, bed sheets and pillows which are provided by the hostel administration. Rooms are kept ready before the arrival of students in hostel. Reading halls are also available on all floors in all hostels for students to study in peace. Indian mess is also available for students who do not wish to prepare food by themselves. Both vegetarian and non vegetarian food choices are available. Other facilities like cafetaria & games room is also available within the hostel premises for students to relax during their free time. Students from India get the opportunity to celebrate Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi and Eid which is managed by the students body under the administration of university. Annual cultural and sports events are also organized by university for students to showcase their talents.
The city of Lugansk was formerly known as Voroshilovgrad. Lugansk is the capital of Lugansk region and is a city located in the eastern part of Ukraine and quite close to the western border of Russian Federation. The city has equal number of Ukrainians and Russians ethnically as of 2014. The most commonly spoken language in Lugansk is Russian and Ukrainian being the 2nd most spoken language. Some of the major higher education universities of city are Taras Shevshenko National University of Lugansk, East Ukrainian Volodymyr Dahl National University and Lugansk Medical University. Some of the major tourist attractions in city are Lugansk Drama Theatre, Radianska Street, St. Volodymyr Cathedral, City History Museum, Vladimir Dal Monument, etc. The city is well connected to its nearby large city Donetsk by road and rail. The city also has an international airport. Trams, trolley buses, taxis, vans, etc. are readily available all time time for local transportation within the city. The city experience moderately cold winters and pleasant summer season every year. The city people are welcoming towards international students and is always happy to see international students from around the world coming to study MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University.
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Lugansk State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Lugansk is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Lugansk too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Lugansk State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Lugansk State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Lugansk are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Lugansk, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Lugansk State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Lugansk State Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Lugansk have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Ukraine.
- The city of Lugansk in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.