About Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy was established in 1939 as a medical institute. In the year 2010, the academy had celebrated it’s 70th anniversary as it entered new decade of activity. KSMA in managed by the Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic & Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyz Republic. I. K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). It is considered one of the leading & best medical academy among all medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan. The college has various partnership programs with renowned medical universities around the world. The colleges is located in the capital of Kyrgyz Republic i.e. Bishkek city and has earned itself huge reputation by training highly qualified doctors in the past decades. Kyrgyz State Med. Academy has many achievements tagged to it’s name in scientific as well as practical research. It is often the first choice of Indian students when compared to other MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan.
Kyrgyz State Med. Academy offers MBBS in Kyrgyzstan in English medium for international students. The English medium course for foreign students including those from India was started in the year 2001. Soon after the launch of English medium course by university, the number of students increased immensely (Especially those from India) who wanted to study MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. Just a few years back, the ministry & government of Kyrgyz Republic decided to shorten the duration of English medium MBBS course from 6 years to 5 years in all medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan. Today, students have the option to choose from a 5 and 6 years MBBS course, when taking MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. IN the 5 years course program, students are taught theoretical subjects mostly during the first 2 years of MBBS course. The last 3 years of MBBS are fully dedicated towards learning clinical skills. Indian students visit many hospitals located within the city during this period and get the opportunity to interact with local patients. The total fees for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan State Medical University is much the same as of other college’s MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy has the following faculties : faculty of general medicine, dentistry, pediatrics, pharmacy, preventive medicine, post graduate education & foreign faculty. The faculty of general medicine is the most popular faculty and of interest for foreign students especially from the Indian sub continent. Experts from WHO assisted the Kyrgyz State Med. Academy for a perfect laid out plan, when the university decided to start English medium MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. The teachers and professors engaged in training Indian students are highly proficient in English language and have expertise in their areas of teaching. Being a top notch medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan, it has collaboration with almost all hospitals in city and students get to learn a lot during their full tenure of studying in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. The university has a multi national culture with students from different parts of the world choosing this college for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The university invites all eligible and aspiring students from India to purse MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical and create a bright future for themselves.
MBBS Admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 5 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,200 / 4,68,000
- 2nd – 5th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,200 / INR 3,38,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 28,000 / INR 18,20,000
Study in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
KSMA, Bishkek has several of it’s hostels located in it’s campus region as well some which a little far from campus. Allotment of hostels is done on first come first serve basis. However, students can later submit applications for change of rooms or hostels, if they wish to. All hostels are equipped with most modern facilities like CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. Each room has a study table, chair, lamps, wardrobes, furniture, beds, bed sheets, etc. already set before the arrival of new students. Each floor is provided with common toilets, washrooms & kitchens too for students who wish to prepare food themselves. Students can choose to stay in government hostels provided by university or rent a flat/apartment by themselves within the city, if they wish too. Indian mess facility is available for students who study in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in 1st year. Breakfast, lunch & dinner is provided in Indian mess and students can choose from vegetarian and non vegetarian food options. Every year annual events are organized by the administration & students committee at KSMA for students. Even Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Eid are celebrated with joy and enthusiasm every year by Indian students community in Bishkek.
Bishkek is the capital & largest city of the Kyrgyz Republic. It was earlier known by the names Pishpep & Frunze. The city got it’s current name in the year 1991 when the parliament changed it finally to Bishkek. The city is located at an altitude of 2600 feet and is surrounded by Ala-Too range & Tian Shan mountains. The city reflects a wide variety in it’s architecture in marble buildings, soviet styled apartments, courtyards, private houses, boulevards, etc. It is the most populated city of Kyrgyzstan with approx. 66% native Kyrgyz and the remaining being from Europe. Being the national capital of Kyrgyzstan, the city is very well connected to all other major cities as well as other countries. The city is home to more than 15 government higher education institutions and is a hub of education in whole of Kyrgyzstan with KSMA being one of them. The city is considered to be best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure in whole Kyrgyz Republic. International students who are eligible, must apply well in time to get MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy and be a part of this magnificent city.
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy are as mentioned below :
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Bishkek is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Bishkek too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of world which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Bishkek are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy at present is more than 1,000 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is one of the most renowned medical university for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan and holds accreditation from Kyrgyzstan government and ministry of education & health..
- As the native Kyrgyz teachers in Bishkek have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Kyrgyzstan i.e. Kyrgyz are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
- The city of Bishkek in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Kyrgyzstan and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Kyrgyzstan during their entire tenure of 5 years.