Kiev Medical University
Kiev Medical University (of UAFM) was established in the year 1992 and was the first private university of Ukraine. Today, the university is counted among the most reputed MBBS colleges in Ukraine. The university has the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government and is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization), IMED (International Medical Education Directory) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The curriculum and syllabus of KMU of UAFM, Kiev matches exactly with the European standards of medical education. From the year 2015, the university also started programs of post graduate education. The university provides a combination of classical & alternative medicine. Kiev Medical University works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is the only institution in whole Ukraine that allows its students to have practical experience in the best private clinics of city. Kiev Medical University ranking are among the top and renowned medical universities in Ukraine. The university also has exchange programs with renowned medical universities of Germany & Poland. The university has more than 200 highly qualified lecturers & scientists for training of Ukrainian & international students. Students from all over the world apply for MBBS admission in Ukraine each year to become a part of one of the most reputed medical colleges in Ukraine.
MBBS Fees in Kiev Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 5,900 / INR 3,83,500
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,700 / INR 3,05,500
- Total Course Fee : USD 29,400 / INR 19,11,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Kiev Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Kiev Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Kiev Medical University
Kiev Medical University of UAFM has been placed in good positions among various ranking systems conducted recently in Ukraine. Kiev Medical University ranked 8th among all higher education institutions in Ukraine in terms of passing level; ranked 5th among all private medical institutions in Ukraine; ranked 25th among 61 higher education universities in Ukraine; and lastly Kiev Medical University ranked 5th among all medical higher education universities in Ukraine. The duration of MBBS course is 6 years for students from India and the medium of instruction is English. During the first 3 years, emphasis is given on theoretical knowledge while the last 3 years of MBBS course are dedicated fully towards gaining practical knowledge. The total fees of English medium MBBS course in Kiev Medical University is far less when compared to other university’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. Any it is the only university, where students get the opportunity to study MBBS in Ukraine in the capital city i.e. Kiev in such a low & affordable cost. The university has gained immense popularity among students from India in the past few years attributing to the top not facilities offered to them in terms of medical education, hostel facilities, etc.
Kiev Medical University Hostels
Kiev Medical University hostels are provided to international students within the campus for accommodation. There are 2 hostels and both of them located at a walking distance of 5-10 minutes from main university. The hostels for Indian students are equipped with modern facilities like CCTV surveillance, fire alarms and round the clock security. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors of hostel. All floors have common wash rooms and kitchens where students can prepare food by themselves too. Indian mess facility is also available for Indian students and can be availed by students at an additional cost. Breakfast, lunch & dinner is provided in Indian mess. All hostel rooms are equipped with study table, chairs, wardrobes, beds, bed sheets, pillows, lamps, etc. Cafe and auditorium is also situated within the hostel for students to relax and organize events. Students can use the laundry available in hostel and wi-fi facility is also available in hostel. It is compulsory to stay in government hostel for 1st year of education. from 2nd year, they can either continue their stay in hostel or choose to rent an apartment in city and stay there too. Various annual cultural and sports events are conducted by university every year and students from India too actively take part in them.
Kiev Medical University Faculties
Kiev Medical University has the following faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, faculty of dentistry & faculty of pharmacy. All courses are offered in Russian, Ukrainian & English medium. Apart from the specialties, post graduate courses have also been started in university recently. Almost all local citizens of Ukraine study courses in local language while all foreign students including the ones from India opt to study in English medium. The teachers and professors involved in teaching international students are highly experienced in their fields of training as well as very proficient in teaching them in English medium. Students from India in Kiev Medical University can also benefit from various student exchange programs conducted by university and visit other countries in Europe during their vacations. Students from India can apply for MBBS in Ukraine for the academic session starting in September every year & must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by university for studying MBBS here. The university invites all eligible and aspiring applicants from India to study in this great university and create a bright future for themselves & serve the people.
Kiev City in Ukraine
Kiev is the capital city and the most populous city located in the north central part of Ukraine. It is also the 7th most populous city in whole Europe. The city is located on the bank of the River Dnieper. Kiev is is an important educational, cultural, industrial center of Ukraine as well as Eastern Europe. The city of Kiev experiences humid continental climate with average summer temperatures between 24 – 28 degrees Celsius and winter temperatures between 0 to -5 degrees Celsius on an average. According to census data, people from more than 130 nationalities reside in the city of Kiev with more than 80% being native Ukrainians, 13% being Russians and the remaining being from other nationalities. At the UN Climate Change Conference in year 2009, Kiev was the only Commonwealth of Independent States city to be in Top 30 cities Index. Some of the most important places historically as well as for tourists in city are St. Sophia Cathedral, Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Monastery of Caves), Mariyinsky Palace, St. Michael’s Cathedral, Golden gate, World War II Museums, Botanical Gardens and much more. The city of Kiev has excellent local transport facilities like trams, trolley buses, minivans, taxis, metro, funicular, etc. Being the capital city of Ukraine, the city is best connected to all other major cities of Ukraine & internationally too through it’s 2 international airports. The city is welcoming to all foreign citizens and has always been the top priority among students when they plan to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Why to study MBBS in Kiev Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kiev Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Kiev Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kiev is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kiev too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Kiev Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Kiev Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Kiev Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Kiev Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kiev are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kiev, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Kiev Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Kiev Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Kiev Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Kiev have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Kiev, Ukraine.
- The city of Kiev in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Kiev, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.