Kharkiv National Medical University
Kharkiv National Medical University was founded in the year 1805 as the Medical Faculty of Kharkiv University. The university was earlier known by the names Kharkiv Medical Institute, Kharkiv State Medical University & then in the year 2007, it’s name was finally changed to Kharkiv National Medical University. The university is one of the oldest & the most prestigious medical colleges in Ukraine. KNMU, Kharkiv works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Several renowned ministers, members of parliament & scientists have been students at university. The university has been granted level IV accreditation from Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine which is the highest level a university can attain for teaching. At present, more than 7,000 students are studying in Kharkiv National Medical University in various fields. Among them, there are more than 2,000 international students from different countries around the world with most of them studying MBBS in Kharkiv. Kharkiv National Medical University rankings are among the best MBBS colleges in Ukraine as well as worldwide for foreign students to pursue medical education. At present, more than 700 Indian students are studying MBBS in Kharkiv.
MBBS Fees in Kharkiv National Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 7,000 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,800 / INR 3,77,000
- Total Course Fee (USD) : USD 36,000 / INR 23,40,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Kharkiv National Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Kharkiv National Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University
The academic teaching staff at Kharkov National Medical University includes 630 teachers which include 102 Doctors of Science, 387 Candidates of Medical Science, 32 Members of Academies, 17 Scientists and 186 of them are involved in teaching foreign students. All teachers & professors who train foreign students are highly skilled in their fields and are proficient in English language to provide the best knowledge to them during their entire tenure of studying MBBS in Ukraine. Kharkov (Aka. Kharkiv) National Medical University is also a member of International Association of Universities too. The total duration of MBBS course in English medium at the university is of 6 years which covers all medical subjects as per the international norms. During the first 3 years of education more emphasis is given to theoretical knowledge whole during the last 3 years course full emphasis is given to clinical knowledge and involves a lot hospitals visits for patient diagnosis. The total MBBS fees in Kharkiv National Medical University is slightly on the higher side as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. But, with the popularity the university has among foreign students who wish to get MBBS admission in Ukraine, the fees can be considered affordable and low in comparison to other nearby countries.
Kharkiv National Medical University Hostels
Kharkiv National Medical University hostels provide accommodation to all students studying at university. Few of these modern hostels are allotted for accommodation of international students only. These hostels have better infra structure & facilities as compared to other ones. They are located in campus as well as near the university campus in city. The hostels are equipped with modern facilities, CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm safety, round the clock security, laundry, internet cafe and canteens too. All floors in hostels have common washrooms and kitchens where students can prepare their own food. All rooms have study table, study chair, wardrobe, beds, bed sheets, pillows and lamps already installed before the arrival of new students. Indian mess is available for students who do not wish to prepare food and can just visit the mess and take their breakfast, lunch and dinner timely. Both vegetarian & non-vegetarian options are available to students. Gymnasium & reading halls are available in hostels on ground floors where students can visit and spend time as they feel necessary. As the community of Indian students is quite large at university, all Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Eid, etc. are celebrated by students with great enthusiasm and joy which is organized by the university. Kharkov (Aka. Kharkiv) National Medical University also organizes annual cultural and sports events for international students where they can showcase their talents and develop a better overall personality.
Kharkiv National Medical University Faculties
The university has the following faculties viz. Faculty of General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Faculty of Post Graduate Education & Faculty of international students. The university started providing admission to foreign students from year 1951 and since then more than 3,500 foreign students have passed out from Kharkiv National Medical University. The faculty of general medicine is the one that receives maximum number of applications every year from international students. The university has a huge library with more than 10,00,000 books including the ones in English medium for foreign students and has 11 reading halls for it excluding 2 digital ready halls where information can be accessed electronically. The university contributes significantly to research & scientific works and international students are also allowed to be a part of this research to enrich their knowledge skills. The university invites all aspiring & eligible students to apply well in time, if they wish to study in Kharkiv National Medical University, as the university receive several times more number of applications every year than the actual available number of seats for MBBS in Kharkiv.
Kharkiv City in Ukraine
Kharkiv is the 2nd largest city of Ukraine and the capital of Kharkiv region of Ukraine. The city is a major educational, industrial, scientific, cultural and transport hub of Ukraine. It is located in the north-eastern part of Ukraine. Kharkiv is located on the bank of 3 rivers viz. River Kharkiv, Udy & Lopan. The city was the capital of Ukraine Soviet Socialist Republic (When Ukraine was part of Russia) and later Kiev was made the capital of region in year 1934. The city is famous for machinery and electronics market and has hundreds of industrial companies located here for it’s manufacturing. The city witnesses a humid continental climate with snowy winters and dry warm summers. According to ethnicity, 65% of population is Ukrainian & more than 33% are Russians with remaining being from other countries. The city has 13 national universities with Kharkov National Medical University & VN Karazin Kharkiv National University being the leading universities in city. Some of the main tourist attractions in city are Freedom Square, Dormition Cathedral, Annunciation Cathedral, Derzhprom Building, Taras Shevchenko Monument, Mirror Stream and many more. The city is one of the best cities in terms of connectivity to other cities of Ukraine through road, rail and air route. For transportation within the city metro, trolley buses, trams, taxis, mini vans are available. The city has huge number of foreign students in almost all major universities and is a preferred choice among international students who wish to study MBBS in Ukraine.
Why to study MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Kharkiv National Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kharkiv is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kharkiv too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Kharkiv National Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Kharkiv National Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Kharkiv National Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kharkiv are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Kharkiv National Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Kharkiv have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The city of Kharkiv in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Kharkiv, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.