Kazan State Medical University
Kazan State Medical University (KSMU) was established in 1814, however the order for establishment of a university in Kazan was passed in year 1804. It belongs to the scientific research of the Ministry of Health of Russia & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Kazan State Medical University acquired the status of university in year 1994. According to the ARES ranking, Kazan State Medical University ranking is among the top medical universities in Russia. Kazan has always been a top priority destination for foreigners and especially for Indian students seeking admission in medical colleges in Russia. It currently have more than 1,000 foreign students studying in medical faculty with most of them being Indians. The university has dozens of government hospitals under it and students get the opportunity to take practical classes and acquire clinical skills during their later years of course. The university pays equal importance to research work and students are also allowed to take part in these projects. The university has well equipped and maintained hostels with all advanced facilities for accommodation of foreign students from all over the world.
MBBS Fees in Kazan State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,500 / INR 3,85,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 34,000 / INR 23,80,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too
MBBS Duration in Kazan State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Kazan State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Kazan State Medical University
With more than 200 years since the inception of medical faculty, the university is undoubtedly one of the best MBBS colleges in Russia. Students from more than 60 different countries are currently enrolled and are studying in Kazan State Med. University. Apart from the international community of students at KSMU, the university also has students from almost every state of Russia too studying in it’s medical and other faculties. The university takes immense pride in stating that it is considered one of the best university among young students today and is gaining more popularity each day. The total MBBS fees in Kazan State Medical University for Indian students is very affordable as compared to the average MBBS fees in Russia of other colleges. The duration of MBBS course in English medium at university of of 6 years. During the first 3 years, students spend most of the time in acquiring theoretical knowledge, while the last 3 years are fully dedicated to clinical classes which involves a lot of hospital visits and interaction with patients. Kazan State Med. University also conducts annual cultural and sports events for international students to help bring out their talent. Celebration of Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Eid is also organized by university administration every year and are celebrated with great enthusiasm and celebrate with joy.
Kazan State Medical University Hostels
Students in Kazan can choose to stay at any of the Kazan State Medical University’s government hostels or rent a flat anywhere in city. The hostels provided by KSMU are top notch and offer 2 & 3 students in one room options. The hostels are equipped with modern security facilities, CCTV surveillance systems, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. Boys and girls are allotted separate floors and blocks in hostels. All floors have common washrooms & kitchens where students can prepare their food. All rooms are equipped with study table, study chair, lamps, wardrobes, bed, bed sheets, pillows, etc. The rooms are kept ready before the arrival of students. The number of seats in Kazan State Medical University hostels are limited and they are allotted on first come first serve basis and students are allotted rooms by university administration. Strict rules are followed in hostel keeping in mind the concern of foreign students for their own safety. The university allows students to either stay in university hostel or they can also rent a flat in city and their hostel fees in this case is refunded back to them. Students who opt to stay in KSMU, Kazan hostels while studying in Kazan State Medical University do not have to pay any utility bills (electricity, hot & cold water, cooking gas, etc.) separately, as compared to students who rent a flat outside in city and have to pay for electricity, water & all other amenities separately in addition to the monthly rent.
Kazan State Medical University Faculties
Kazan State Medical University has the following faculties : Medical Faculty, Prophylactic Medicine, Pediatric Faculty, Dental Faculty, Pharmaceutical Faculty, Social Work and Management & Nursing Faculty. Among all these faculties, medical faculty of Kazan attracts the most number of foreign students each year as this faculty is available in both mediums of instruction i.e. English and Russian. Mostly all students are enrolled in the English medium only but those who wish to study in Russian medium are also welcome. The teachers and professors involved in training students at university are highly experienced in their fields of teaching and very proficient in speaking English with more than 13 years of teaching experience in English to international students. International Students studying MBBS in Kazan State Medical University have various options to take part in exchange programs offered by university with other countries and can travel with teachers to other countries for the same during their summer vacations. KSMU welcomes all eligible students to become part of it by taking MBBS admission in Russia and create a bright future for themselves. Students can also do post-graduation from Kazan State Medical University after completion of their MBBS in Russia.
Kazan City in Russia
Kazan is the largest city and the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation. The Kazan Kremlin in Kazan was recently been declared as a World Heritage Site. Kazan is commonly known as the 3rd Capital City of Russia and also the Sports Capital of Russia due it’s active participation in sports and also due to it’s history of hosting international sports events. In 2013, Kazan had hosted the 2013 Summer Universiade. In 2014, it hosted the Word Fencing Championships. In 2015, it hosted the World Aquatics Championships. In 2017, it hosted the World Gymnastics Championships. And above all, Kazan also hosted the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The city is one of the largest financial and industrial centre of Russia with main industries being mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, petrochemicals & food industry. The city has very well maintained public transport system including trams, trolley buses, buses, metro & taxis. Being the 3rd largest city of Russia, it is connected with all major cities of Russia through road, rail & air transport. The city has an international airport too with flights direct to Delhi and Mumbai too. There are more than 40 institutes of higher education in Kazan with Kazan State Medical University being one of them. The city is very peaceful and also a major tourist attraction for foreigners. Students from India who have passed out from Kazan in past, have said that the time they spent in this beautiful city was one of the best times of their lives.
Why to study MBBS in Kazan State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kazan State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Kazan State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kazan is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kazan too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Kazan State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Kazan State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Kazan State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Kazan State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kazan are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kazan, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Kazan State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Kazan State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Kazan State Medical University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Kazan have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Kazan, Russia.
- The city of Kazan in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Kazan, Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.