About Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University (KFU) is one of the oldest universities of Russia and was given the federal status in year 2010. It has gained a lot of international fame and respect due to the achievements & it’s beneficial effect on whole of mankind. It is equally active in research field as in academic field. Kazan Federal University is recognized by Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). KFU has numerous laboratories for research in all fields of science. The university has been acknowledged as a centre of academic excellence due to to its active involvement in various international programs. Kazan Federal University has more than 300 cooperation agreements with 64 different countries. KFU is a member of 15 International Academic Associations. Students who get MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University always have an edge over students of other MBBS colleges in Russia, as KFU is among the top 5 medical colleges in Russia & is a part of the famous competitive 5 top 100 universities in Russia in field of research & education. Indian students can benefit from the various exchange programs at university and travel to renowned universities in Europe with their teachers and learn about new advances in field of modern medicine.
Kazan Federal University is a very vast university which is not only limited to medical field but is involved in almost all faculties. The faculties here are are as follows : Medicine, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Petroleum Technology, International Relations, History & Oriental Studies, Mathematics, Mechanics, Physics, Chemistry, Law, Information Technology, Philology, Psychology, Physical Education & Sport, Management, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Language, Engineering, etc. At present, approx. 45,000 students are enrolled in Kazan Federal University among which 7,200 students are from foreign countries including India and 97 other countries too. The university offers 687 degree programs. The medical faculty is available for international students who wish to study MBBS in Russia in English Medium. Being one of the top university in Russia, it offers medical education to international students at a very handsome figure as compared to the average cost of of MBBS fees in Russia. The university is also very selective in terms of admission and only students with good grades are provided MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University. The duration of MBBS in Kazan is 6 years in English medium. Full emphasis is given to theoretical subjects during the first 3 years of course, while the last 3 years of course are fully dedicated towards practical & clinical classes which are conducted in hospitals located within the city of Kazan.
Students study MBBS course in the Institute of Fundamental Medicine & Biology (IFMB) during their course of education at the university. This is the faculty specialized to train Indian students for MBBS in Russia. Including all the departments, museums & research labs, this institute alone has more than 60 sub divisions in itself. Students get the opportunity for practicals at the Kazan University Clinic here. This institute also comprises of a hospital model & a medical engineering center for research work. The university has recently started accepting students from India in English medium MBBS course. As the university is among the top 5 universities in whole Russia, students from India are also very keen to be a part of it for a bright future. More than 4,000 teachers are engaged in the process of training student at university in various specialties. The teachers involved in training international students are PhD holders and highly skilled in their fields. They have immense experience in teaching foreign students (including from India) in English medium. Kazan Federal University welcomes all eligible Indian students willing to be a part of this 210 year old university and create a bright future for themselves and serve the humanity by choosing to take MBBS admission in Russia.
MBBS Admission in Kazan Federal University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
Duration & Medium :
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
Fee Structure :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 8,000 / INR 5,20,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 6,250 / INR 4,06,250
- Total Course Fee : USD 39,250 / INR 25,51,250
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
Study in Kazan Federal University
For the facility of accommodation of international students, Kazan Federal University has a unique Universiade Village which comprises of several hostels and is like a mini city where all Indian students stay. The facilities provided are well above normal standards in comparison to hostels of other universities. The hostels are provided within the campus of university itself. The Kazan Federal University campus is in itself like a mini city for students with all facilities available within the campus itself. The rooms provided to students are flat type with attached toilets, washrooms & kitchens to each room. All rooms are equipped with study table, study chair, lamps, wardrobes, beds, beds sheets, pillows, etc. Even air conditioner, room heater & fridge is provided in each room to foreigners. The campus has its own play ground, restaurant, theater, cafes and all facilities required by students so that they rarely have to leave the campus ever. Studying in Kazan Federal University proves to be much more beneficial for students as compared to students studying elsewhere in Russia due to the high standards of living & facilities provided by university in it’s campus. After the students get MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University, they have the option to choose whether to stay in the famous & comfy Universiade Village of KFU or they can choose to rent a flat elsewhere in city at a much higher cost.
Kazan is the largest city and the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation. The Kazan Kremlin in Kazan was recently been declared as a World Heritage Site. Kazan is commonly known as the 3rd Capital City of Russia and also the Sports Capital of Russia due it’s active participation in sports and also due to it’s history of hosting international sports events. In 2013, Kazan had hosted the 2013 Summer Universiade. In 2014, it hosted the Word Fencing Championships. In 2015, it hosted the World Aquatics Championships. In 2017, it hosted the World Gymnastics Championships. And above all, Kazan also hosted the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The city is one of the largest financial and industrial centre of Russia with main industries being mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, petrochemicals & food industry. The city has very well maintained public transport system including trams, trolley buses, buses, metro & taxis. Being the 3rd largest city of Russia, it is connected with all major cities of Russia through road, rail & air transport. The city has an international airport too with flights direct to Delhi and Mumbai too. There are more than 40 institutes of higher education in Kazan with Kazan State Medical University being one of them. The city is very peaceful and also a major tourist attraction for foreigners. Students from India who have passed out from Kazan in past, have said that the time they spent in this beautiful city was one of the best times of their lives.
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University are as mentioned below :
- Kazan Federal University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Russia that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Kazan is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Kazan too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Kazan Federal University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Kazan Federal University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Kazan are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Kazan, Russia.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Kazan Federal University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Kazan Federal University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Kazan Federal University is a government medical university for MBBS in Russia and holds accreditation from Russian government as well as Ministry of health and education.
- As the native Russian teachers in Kazan have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Russia i.e. Russians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Russia.
- The city of Kazan in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Russia during their entire tenure of 6 years.