Kazakh National Medical University (Kazakhstan)
Kazakh National Medical University was established in 1930 (91 years old) and is located in the city of Almaty. The university is named after the famous professor SD Asfendiyarov and hence also known as Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University. It offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Kazakhstan for Indian students who aspire to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Kazakh National for 2022 (January) is very low (Indian Rupees 17.15 Lacs) as compared to other countries where Indians travel to acquire medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Kazakh National is very straight forward and simple with minimal documentation involved.
KazNMU (Almaty) functions under the administration of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. It was granted the status of “National University” in year 2001 after which it gained immense popularity not only in Kazakhstan but globally. Kazakh National Medical University (Kazakhstan) is one of those higher education institutions of Kazakhstan that receives the most number of Indian students every year for English medium MBBS course in Kazakhstan. The university offers courses at undergraduate, post graduate, doctors levels in various fields of medical education. Apart from being the oldest institution & one of the best, the academy actively contributes to research and scientific activities in all fields of medicine.
Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University ranks on 2nd position among all medical colleges in Kazakhstan. This is one of the reasons that make it the most favored destination for students from several neighboring countries to choose this university for MBBS in Kazakhstan. At present, the university has more than 11,000 students studying in various fields of medicine. More than 1,500 teachers, doctors, professors, Ph.D’s are actively engaged in training these students. KazNMU (Kazakh National Medical University) offers numerous exchange programs with renowned universities of Russia, Ukraine & European countries for the benefit of students.
What is the total MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University is 17.15 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Kazakh National for 2022 (January Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,300 / INR 3,71,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,800 / INR 3,36,000
- Total Fees : USD 24,500 / INR 17,15,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Kazakh National Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Kazakh National Medical University (Kazakhstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS admissions in Kazakh National are confirmed on a first come first serve basis. Hence, it is advised to book your seat as soon as possible if you are eligible.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakh National through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kazakhstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kazakhstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kazakhstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kazakhstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Kazakh National Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Kazakh National Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University (Kazakhstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Kazakh National Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kazakhstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Kazakh National Medical University in Kazakhstan ?
Kazakh National Medical University ranks on 2nd position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education medical institutions in Kazakhstan. It is a one of the best destinations for Indian students and also among the top medical universities of Kazakhstan that provides top notch education in English medium and a very friendly environment for foreigners.
KazNMU, Almaty is the undoubtedly one of the best medical colleges of Kazakhstan which was established in the year 1930. It is a 91 years old medical college of Kazakhstan and has always been among top higher education medical universities of Kazakhstan. The college currently has more than 1,500 Indian students alone who are studying general medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Kazakh National Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Kazakh National Medical University is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in Kazakh National was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in Kazakh National Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kazakh teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in Asfendiyarov KazNMU, Almaty ?
The faculties at Kazakh National Medical University (Kazakhstan) that are active currently and provide training (In graduate, post-graduate & diploma courses) to national & foreign students are :
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Therapeutic Faculty
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Medico-Prophylaxis
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Public Health & Management Faculty
- Faculty of Post Graduate Specialization
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The faculty of general medicine has the maximum staff engaged in it’s management and is most active among all faculties. It receives the most number of applications from Indian students for MBBS admission in Kazakhstan. The university campus is very vast and has different buildings for training in different specialties. KazNMU (Almaty) is currently expanding it’s campus at a fast pace so as to also accommodate the growing number of foreign students (From India specially). Few new hostels have also been built that provide better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Kazakh National Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in Asfendiyarov KazNMU, Almaty ?
The classes for Indian students in Kazakh National Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kazakh) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Kazakh National, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Kazakh National Medical University for Indian students ?
All hostels for Indian students in Kazakh National Medical University are situated within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All KazNMU, Almaty hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Kazakh National.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Kazakh National Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Kazakh National Medical University organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in Asfendiyarov KazNMU, Almaty paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Kazakh National can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kazakhstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Kazakh National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- KazNMU (Kazakh National Medical University) ranks on 2nd position among all medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a 91 years old medical university of Kazakhstan, Kazakh National Medical University witnesses a huge number of admissions from India.
- The faculty of medicine at KazNMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- The total duration of MBBS in Kazakh National is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries like Russia & Ukraine.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Kazakh National Medical University is one of the lowest which any university offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Kazakh National Medical University is very simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kazakh.
Steps after MBBS from Kazakh National Medical University (Kazakhstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from KazNMU, Almaty have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Almaty City :
Almaty (Earlier known as Alma-Ata) is located in the southern most part of country is the largest city of the Kazakhstan. It was the official capital of country from 1929 to 1997. The current capital of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan (Earlier known as Astana). However, Almaty still remains to be the commercial & cultural capital of Kazakhstan and the most populated city as well. Almaty alone contributes to more than 20% of whole Kazakhstan’s GDP annually. The city has an international airport with flights to most cities around the world. For transport within the city, apart from the regular trams, trolley-buses, etc. a bicycle sharing system is also available where people can rent a bicycle on monthly basis.
Almaty is not only a commercial center of Kazakhstan but also a major educational hub. The city has more than 25 well recognized universities where students from different countries come to study every year. Most of the students from India who travel to Almaty have the sole motive of studying MBBS in Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University in English medium. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kazakhstan. The climate is humid continental with warm summers (Up to +30 Degree Celsius) and mildly cold winters (Up to -10 Degrees Celsius).