Jalalabad State Medical University
Jalalabad State Medical University has established in 1993 and located in the city of Jalalabad which is the capital of Jalalabad province. JASU is government higher education university for medical education. The university is managed by the Ministry of Health of Kyrgyz Republic & Ministry of Education & Science of Kyrgyz Republic. Jalalabad State Med. University is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). The university provides bachelors degrees, masters degrees, doctorate degrees & diplomas in field of medicine. Recently, the university has also started to offer courses in field of engineering & law and is hence often known as Jalalabad State University. It is one of the few government operated medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan that has gained name & fame for itself due to several factors. Currently, more than 1,000 Indian students alone are studying in Jalalabad State Medical University in faculty of medicine i.e. MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The university is also actively involved in research and scientific work apart from medical training provided to students. Jalalabad State Medical University’s rankings have also started gaining momentum in the past couple of years attributing to the better quality of education & newly established campus and buildings.
MBBS Fees in Jalalabad State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 / INR 4,20,000
- 2nd – 5th Year Fee / Year : USD 3,970 / INR 2,77,900
- Total Course Fee : USD 21,880 / INR 15,31,600
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Jalalabad State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 5 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Jalalabad State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University
Jalalabad State Med. University offers admission to international students twice every year i.e. September & February unlike other MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan. The duration of English medium MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan is 5 years currently, however students do have the option to choose from 5 or 6 years course. MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan are done solely on the basis of availability of seats & fulfillment of eligibility criteria by students. As the total MBBS fees of Jalalabad State Medical University is far less as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan, medical seats are filled much before the actual admission closing date. The teachers and professors engaged in training Indian students are either doctors or PhD holders. The teachers are fluent in English and have excellence in their fields of medicine. Jalalabad also has appointed teachers from India to teach Indian students specially. The university has opened up new campuses to accommodate & fulfill the demand of increasing number of students that come to study MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University.
Jalalabad State Medical University Hostels
The university started with a single hostel for foreign students when English medium course was launched. But as years passed by, the university had to open more hostels only for foreign students due to the increasing interest shown by students to study MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University. At present, students have the choice from various available hostels while taking admission in Jalalabad. All of the Jalalabad State Medical University’s hostels are now equipped with modern security, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. All rooms are well equipped with heating systems and furnished with study tables, study chair, lamps, wardrobes, bed, bed sheets, etc. Each floor has common washrooms, toilets & kitchen always available. Separate block and hostels are provided to boys & girls at university hostels. Rooms have options of 2/3/4 seater rooms and are allotted on first come first serve basis depending on availability. Indian mess is also available for students where they can have breakfast, lunch and dinner as per their preference i.e. vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Students do not have to pay any electricity, water or cooking gas bill if they stay in government hostel. Indian students can also choose to stay in flats/apartments too if they do not wish to stay in Jalalabad State Medical University’s government hostel.
Jalalabad State Medical University Faculties
Jalalabad State Medical University has the following active faculties which are as follows : faculty of general medicine, nursing, pedagogy, psychology, ecology, engineering, mechanics, biology, literature, law, etc. Among all these faculties, faculty of general medicine is the one which attracts students from India the most for studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan every year. Annual sports & cultural events are also organized by university administration every year for Indian students. Apart from events, all Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid are also celebrated by students with joy & enthusiasm at Jalalabad State Med. University. All other faculties are available in Russian medium only. The university has various exchange programs with other universities in other parts of the world. Students from India can benefit from this and learn new advances in medicine by visiting other countries through such exchange programs. Jalalabad State Medical University welcomes all eligible and aspiring students from around the world to come be a part of this growing medical university of Kyrgyzstan and craft a better future for themselves.
Jalalabad City in Kyrgyzstan
Jalalabad is the capital of Jalalabad province of Kyrgyz Republic and is located south of Kugart valley in the foothills of Babash Ata mountain. It is located 80 kms. from Osh city, if travelling by road. Jalalabad once remained a place of interest for archaeologists in the past, but today it’s very lesser known remains are left. Some part of the very well known “Silk Road” also passes through Jalalabad city. Jalalabad is very well known for it’s spas. The most famous among them is the “Hozret-Ayub-Paigambar” spa and it was believed that the water from this spa treated lepers. Another interesting spot in the city is cafe “Ikram Ajy” which is located at a height of 1,000 meters and the whole city of Jalalabad is visible from this place. The city is connected through rail & road to Osh & Bishkek city. The city of Jalalabad is a place with serene & peaceful atmosphere which is very close to nature. It can be an experience of a life time for students who take MBBS admission in Jalalabad and also get an opportunity to get closer to the nature.
Why to study MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Jalalabad State Med. University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Kyrgyzstan that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Jalalabad is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Jalalabad too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Jalalabad State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of world which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rdyear most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Jalalabad State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Jalalabad are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Jalalabad, Kyrgyzstan.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University at present is more than 1,000 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Jalalabad State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Jalalabad State Medical University is one of the most renowned medical university for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan and holds accreditation from Kyrgyzstan government and ministry of education & health..
- As the native Kyrgyz teachers in Jalalabad have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Kyrgyzstan i.e. Kyrgyz are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in ISM, Kyrgyzstan.
- The city of Jalalabad in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Kyrgyzstan and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in ISM, Kyrgyzstan during their entire tenure of 5 years.