Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University
Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University was founded in the year 1945 and began it’s operation of providing training to students and is today one of the most renowned medical colleges in Ukraine. The university is a member of the International Association of Universities & European Association of Universities too. The university works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India).The university has level IV accreditation (Which is the highest) from the State Accreditation Committee of Ukraine. IFNMU is has students from more than 40 countries studying MBBS in Ukraine currently including students from USA, Australia, Europe, Africa and many Asian countries. At present, more than 5,000 international students are studying MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University in various fields of medical education. Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University ranking is among the top medical universities in Ukraine and offers graduate, post graduate & specialty courses to students from India and elsewhere in English medium. At present, more than 300 Indian students are enrolled and studying MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk in Ukraine.
MBBS Fees in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,970 / INR 4,87,900
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,950 / INR 3,46,500
- Total Course Fee (USD) : USD 31,720 / INR 22,20,400
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University
Ivanofrankivsk Medical University has recently become popular among students from India and has been one of the most sought after MBBS colleges in Ukraine in past couple of years. The total duration of MBBS course in English medium here is 6 years which also includes 1 year internship in Ukraine. During the first 3 years of studying MBBS in Ukraine, students learn most of the theoretical subjects with little exposure to practicals while during the last 3 years of MBBS in Ukraine, students devote full time in clinical classes. The students get to do hospital duty on rotational basis under the supervision of senior doctors. Students communicate with patients in various hospitals located in the city and report back to doctors with their prepared diagnosis which is evaluated by doctors. The total MBBS fees in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University is quite the same as most of other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine which makes the college affordable for most of the middle class international students. The university provides accommodation to all foreign students in it’s own government hostel which are equipped with top notch facilities and is situated very close the main university campus.
Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University Hostels
Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University hostels comprise of 3 buildings for student’s accommodation & can easily accommodate 2,000 students. The hostels are situate in close vicinity of the university campus. All of the Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University hostels are equipped with modern security features, CCTV surveillance system, fire alarm safety measures and round the cock security. Boys & girls are provided accommodation on separate floors & block in the hostel. The floors have common washrooms and kitchens where students can cook food for themselves. Indian mess is also available within the Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University hostels and students can join it on a monthly or yearly basis. All rooms have study table, study chair, wardrobes, lamps, beds, bed sheets and pillows ready before the arrival of new students. The students have the options of a 2 and a 3 seater room subject to availability. The rooms are allotted on a first come first serve basis randomly by hostel administration under order of university. The students studying here can benefit from various exchange programs sponsored by university, through which they get the opportunity to travel to different countries and gain practical knowledge and clinical experience. With a large community of Indian students studying here, the university also organizes festival celebrations for students like Diwali, Holi and Eid every year. Students are taken on excursions within city by university to help them get to know the place and culture better.
Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University Faculties
Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University has the following active faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, faculty of international students and faculty of post graduate education. The MBBS course & pattern of teaching at university is well in line with the international syllabus. The university witnesses most number of admission in faculty of general medicine as it remains one of the most sought after fields among international students. The teachers and professors involved in imparting training to foreign students hold MD & doctorate degrees and are highly skilled in their fields with a proficiency in English language too. Ivano-frankivsk National Medical University invites all eligible & aspiring students who have a strong urge to become great doctors to apply for MBBS admission in Ukraine and create a bright future for themselves to serve and serve their nations. The university has limited number of MBBS seats for students from India. The academic session starts in the month of September every year and Indian students can apply for admissions from the month of March every year.
Ivanofrankivsk City in Ukraine
Ivanofrankivsk is city located in the western part of Ukraine and is the administrative capital of Ivanofrankivsk region. The city is a one of mixed culture cities of Ukraine and a person will find an Austro-Hungarian Business Centre, a Polish City Hall and Soviet apartments in the same city. The city has 6 main universities for higher education and Ivano-frankivsk National Medical University is one of them with other being for economics, law, theology, etc. Some of the main places of city are Market Square, Shevchenko Park, Bily Budynok, Armenian Church, City Brewery, Church of Virgin Mary & Church of Holy Resurrection. The other major cities in surrounding region are Lviv, Ternopil, Uzhgorod & Chernivtsi. Ivanofrankivsk is connected to all major cities through bus, train & an international airport too. The city has good public transport service comprising of trolley buses, trams and taxis. Ivanofrankivsk witnesses moderate summers & fairly cold winters. During summers the temperature can reach a maximum of +28 degrees Celsius while the winters can be cold as -10 degrees Celsius. The city is one of the most peaceful and an pleasant destinations for Indian students to study MBBS in in Ukraine.
Why to study MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Ivanofrankivsk is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Ivanofrankivsk are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Ivanofrankivsk National Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Ivanofrankivsk have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk, Ukraine.
- The city of Ivanofrankivsk in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Ivanofrankivsk, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.