International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan)
International School of Medicine (ISM) was established in year 2003 & is located in the city of Bishkek. It is a structural sub-division of the IUK i.e. International University of Kyrgyzstan. International School of Medicine today offers one of the best medical education at an affordable MBBS fees in Kyrgyzstan for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in ISM for 2022 (September) is low (Indian Rupees 16.10 Lacs) as compared to other abroad countries where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in ISM is simple & straight forward with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
The main motive for creation of ISM, Bishkek was to reform the system of education in Kyrgyzstan into a modern educational institution. Today, International School of Medicine is among the best medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan and attracts most number of students from Indian sub continent every year for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. The university has dozens of exchange program & associations with some of the most renowned medical universities in Europe & neighboring countries.
The ranking of International School of Medicine is one of the best among all private medical institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan. The majority of students come from India, Nepal and other Asian countries. ISM (Bishkek) recently launched additional campuses (Issyk-Kul & East Campus) in the same city to accommodate the increasing number of foreign students. The oldest and main campus is the Central campus in Bishkek.
What is the total MBBS fees in ISM (International School of Medicine) ?
The total MBBS fees in ISM (International School of Medicine) is 16.10 Lacs & 22.54 Lacs (Indian Rupees) in Issykul & Central Campus respectively for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in ISM for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
ISM (Issykul Campus), Bishkek :
- 1st Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 4,200 / INR 2,94,000
- Total Fee : USD 23,000 / INR 16,10,000
ISM (Central Campus) Fees, Bishkek:
- 1st Year : USD 7,400 / INR 5,18,000
- 2nd-5th/Year : USD 6,200 / INR 4,34,000
- Total Fee : USD 32,200 / INR 22,54,000
* The MBBS fee structure of International School of Medicine (ISM) given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, visa extension & one time misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in International School of Medicine for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* MBBS admissions in ISM (International School of Medicine) are confirmed on a first come first serve basis. Hence, it is advised to book your seat as soon as possible if you are eligible.
How to apply for MBBS admission in ISM (International School of Medicine) ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in International School of Medicine through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Kyrgyzstan.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Kyrgyzstan.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Kyrgyzstan and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Kyrgyzstan.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is International School of Medicine recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, International School of Medicine is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in ISM (Kyrgyzstan) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as International School of Medicine is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of International School of Medicine in Kyrgyzstan ?
International School of Medicine ranks on 13th position (According to average of most ranking platforms online) among all higher education institutions in whole country of Kyrgyzstan. It is a much newer college in comparison to other top medical universities of Kyrgyzstan like Osh, Jalalabad & Kyrgyz State Medical Academy.
ISM is one of the best medical colleges of Kyrgyzstan which was established in the year 2003. It is one of those institution that gained immense popularity among Indian students within a very short span of time. The college currently has more than 1,200 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in International School of Medicine ?
The total duration of MBBS course in International School of Medicine is 5 years for Indian students. Few years ago, the duration of MBBS in ISM was 6 years as in neighboring countries. But the college now offers 5 years course in addition to the old 6 years course which is still. Most of the Indian students generally choose the 5 years course as they save 1 year time & expenses too.
The medium of instruction in International School of Medicine for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. In additional to the local Kyrgyz teachers that teach foreign citizens, there are few Indian teachers too. These teachers are specially appointed by the college so as to train & prepare Indian students for the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT.
What are the teaching faculties in ISM, Bishkek ?
The faculties at International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan) that are fully functional and provide training to it’s own nationals & foreign students are as below :
- Medical faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing faculty
- Faculty of post-graduate education
- Language course/preparatory faculty
There are a dozen of departments actively engaged in training all international candidates at ISM campuses. Some of those are department are Humanitarian Science, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Public Health, Scientific Disciplines, Surgery, Fundamental Disciplines, Special Clinical Disciplines, Macro & Micro Anatomy, Internal Medicine, Therapy and Pathology.
The faculty of general medicine is the most active faculty and has maximum staff engaged in its management. It receives the most number of applications among all faculties for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Two new campuses were also inaugurated recently (Issyk-Kul & East Campus) to accommodate the huge number of Indians especially. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in ISM choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in ISM, Bishkek ?
The classes for Indian students in International School of Medicine comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Kyrgyz/Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in ISM, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in International School of Medicine for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in International School of Medicine are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All ISM (Bishkek) hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in ISM.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess is available in all hostels of International School of Medicine where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Indian mess is compulsory for all students in 1st year & they can from vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- International School of Medicine organizes annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in ISM, Bishkek paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in ISM can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Kyrgyzstan. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in ISM (International School of Medicine).
Why to study MBBS in International School of Medicine, Kyrgyzstan ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in International School of Medicine are as mentioned below :
- ISM (International School of Medicine) ranks on 13th spot among all higher education institutions in whole of Kyrgyzstan.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Even being a not so old medical university of Kyrgyzstan, International School of Medicine witnesses huge number of admissions.
- The faculty of medicine at ISM is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine.
- The total duration of MBBS in ISM is “5” years i.e. 1 year less than most of neighboring countries.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in International School of Medicine is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in ISM (International School of Medicine) is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Kyrgyz/Russian.
Steps after MBBS from International School of Medicine (Kyrgyzstan) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from International School of Medicine, Kyrgyzstan must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from ISM, Bishkek have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Bishkek City :
Bishkek is the capital & largest city of the Kyrgyz Republic. It was earlier known by the names Pishpep & Frunze. The city got it’s current name in the year 1991 when the parliament changed it finally to Bishkek. It is located at an altitude of 2,600 feet and is surrounded by Ala-Too range & Tian Shan mountains. The city reflects a wide variety in it’s architecture in marble buildings, soviet styled apartments, courtyards, private houses, boulevards, etc.
Being the national capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek is very well connected to all other major cities as well as other countries. It is the most populated city of Kyrgyzstan with approx. 66% native Kyrgyz and the remaining being from Europe. The city is home to more than 15 government higher education institutions and is a hub of education in whole of Kyrgyzstan with ISM (International School of Medicine) being one of them. The city is considered to be the best in terms of education, opportunities, infrastructure & lifestyle in whole Kyrgyzstan.