Donetsk National Medical University
Donetsk National Medical University was established in the year 1930 as one of the largest medical colleges in Ukraine. It’s name was M. Gorky Donetsk Medical Institute when it was established in 1930. Later after the second world war it was named to Stalino Medical Institute and in the year 1967 it was again renamed to M. Gorky Donetsk State Medical Institute. DNMU was given the status of university in 1994 and got the status of National medical University in 2008. Finally, in 2015 it was renamed to what we know today as Donetsk National Medical University. The university works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Donetsk National Med. University was 7 hospitals working under it where students get to practice and diagnose patients during their tenure of MBBS in Ukraine. Students also get to take part in scientific researches going on at these hospitals. The university has collaboration with several renowned universities in Europe and western party part of the world. At present, more than 300 Indian students are studying MBBS in Donetsk. Donetsk National Medical University ranking is among the top medical universities in Ukraine and hence attracts huge number of international students every year.
MBBS Fees in Donetsk National Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,800 / INR 4,76,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,700 / INR 3,29,000
- Total Course Fee (USD) : USD 30,300 / INR 21,21,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Donetsk National Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Donetsk National Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University
Donetsk Nat. Medical University has 4 campuses spread across the region viz. Kirovohrad (Kropyvnytsky) campus, Mariupol campus, Chernihiv campus & Kramatorsk campus. All campuses of the university provide courses in English, Russian & Ukrainian language. The Kirovohrad & Chernihiv campus even provide education in French language. The university with all it’s campus is one the largest MBBS colleges in Ukraine. According to a research by Scopus, the university has the largest scientific research papers database among all medical universities in whole of Europe. It was the first university to start MBBS admission in Ukraine for foreign students in English medium in the year 1991 i.e. just after the independence of Ukraine. And in year 2016 it again became the first medical college in Ukraine to start training foreign students in French medium and till date is the only MBBS college in Ukraine to do so. The total MBBS fees in Donetsk National Medical University is much less as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. The duration of MBBS in English medium at university is of 6 years. During the first 3 years of MBBS, Indian students are taught most of the theoretical subjects. While in the last 3 years of course, full emphasis is laid on clinical and practical classes. Student visit hospitals during this time and interact with local patients.
Donetsk National Medical University Hostels
The university has a total of 52 buildings in all it’s campuses. With 16 Donetsk national Medical University hostels for all it’s campuses, accommodation to local as well as international students is never a problem. There are separate hostels dedicated for international students. All Donetsk National Medical University hostels have reading rooms, sports halls, health centers, etc. Each floor has common washrooms & kitchens where students can prepare their food too. All rooms are equipped with study table & chair, lamps, wardrobes, beds & bed sheets. Facilities of hot & cold water, central air conditioning & round the clock electricity is provided at no additional cost to students. The hostels are well secured with active fire alarm systems and full time CCTV security surveillance and guards. Students who do not wish to stay in Donetsk National Medical University government hostels provided by university can choose to rent a flat / apartment within city too. As there are hundreds of Indian students studying MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University, all Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid are also celebrated and organized by student body appointed by university. The university also organizes annual cultural events, sports events, dancing & singing events, etc. every year in which all students can take part according to their interests.
Donetsk National Medical University Faculties
At present, the university has the following faculties viz. faculty of general medicine, pediatrics, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, public health, preparatory & post graduate education. Most number of students from different countries are enrolled in the faculty of general medicine in English medium with majority of them being from India. All training faculties are highly skilled in their fields of education and have expertise in teaching foreign students in English medium. At present, a total of 15,000 students are studying in Donetsk National Med. University in different faculties. The university has been rated the best medical university in Ukraine from 2001-2018 by Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. Eligible students from India can apply for MBBS admission in Donetsk National Medical University for studying MBBS in Ukraine and fulfilling their dream of become great doctors. As the number of MBBS seats are limited for students from India, students must apply well in time to secure a seat in Donetsk for MBBS in English medium.
Donetsk City in Ukraine
Donetsk city is located in the eastern region of Ukraine and is the capital of the Donetsk state. It is the 5th largest city of Ukraine and is an industrial hub. Even after separation from USSR in 1991, the city has majority of Russians and the native language most spoken is Russian by approx. 75% of population. The city has been urbanized very fast with influx of major companies from around the world and is famous for it’s industrial base especially coal mining. The city is a mjor sports hub too and has hosted Davis Cup & UEFA Champions League. Some of the major sights to see in city are Artema Street, Fyodor Sergeyev, Donetsk Opera & Ballet, Donbass Palace, Pushkin Boulevard and many more. Being an industrial hub, the city is well connected by roads, rails & and also has an international airport. The city of Donetsk has several universities including 5 state level universities, 11 institutes, 3 academies, 5 private universities & 6 colleges. The university is one of those government universities and when it was established in 1930 it was considered to be one of the largest medical colleges in Russia too as Ukraine was a part of USSR then.
Why to study MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Donetsk National Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Donetsk is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Donetsk too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Donetsk National Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Donetsk National Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Donetsk National Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Donetsk are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Donetsk, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Donetsk National Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Donetsk National Med. University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Donetsk have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Donetsk, Ukraine.
- The city of Donetsk in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Donetsk, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.