Crimea Federal University (Russia)
The Crimea Federal University (Simferopol) is one of the largest universities in Russia that was established in the year 1918. The university is located in the city of Simferopol which is the capital of Crimean province. CFU (Crimea Federal University) currently offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Crimea for 2022 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 18.83 Lacs) as compared to all other universities in the Russian Federation where Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Crimea is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
Few years back, it was known as S. I. Georgievsky Crimea State Medical University but sooner it acquired the status of a federal government university. Now it is one of the academies that provides training in field of medicine & various other graduate/postgraduate courses under the main V. I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University. The main federal university has 11 academies & 6 colleges that provide training to more than 35,000 students from Russia & several other countries. It is currently considered to be one of the best universities that provides English medium MBBS course in Russia. It functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science & Higher Education of Russian Federation.
Crimea Federal University ranks on 2nd position among all Russian universities that fall under the Ministry of Education & Science of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). The university has gained more popularity than any other medical college of Russia and attracts hundreds of international students every year. This is the reason that this university still remains the first choice of Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Russia. The university takes part in various scientific and research activities related to field of medicine and dozens of other fields of education.
What is the total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University ?
The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is 18.83 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Crimea for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 6,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 4,500
- Total Fees : USD 28,500
* The MBBS fee structure of Crimea Federal University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Crimea Federal University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in Chemistry & Biology (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian citizens must clear an online entrance exam for admission in Crimean Federal University.
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Crimea soon as limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Crimea through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Russia and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Crimea Federal University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Crimea Federal University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Crimea Federal University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Crimea Federal University in Russia ?
Crimea Federal University ranks in top 5 medical institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow, Russia. It is one the most chosen destinations by Indian students and is a top medical universities of Russia that provides top notch medical education and a very friendly environment for foreigners. It is ranked on 2nd position according to Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia.
CFU is one of the best medical colleges of Russia which was established in the year 1918. The university only accepts students with good grades in PCB (In Intermediate/Equivalent) from India. Hence, Crimea Federal University (Simferopol) has the highest highest MCI passing rate of Indian students among all universities of Russia. The college currently has more than 35,000 international students from different parts of world. Most of the Indians here are studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Crimea Federal University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Crimea Federal University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spends full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Crimea Federal University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has one of the most experienced and best English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been more than 15 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Crimea for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Crimea.
What are the teaching faculties in CFU, Simferopol ?
CFU, Simferopol comprises of 11 academies & 6 colleges that are spread in 42 locations in the whole city of Simferopol. The faculties in Crimea Federal University (At the medical academy) that provide training to national & foreign students are as below :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Post-graduate Specialization
- Faculty for Diploma Courses
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate, clinical residency, Ph.D & diploma courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. Some new hostels buildings have also been built to accommodate the rapidly increasing number of foreign students (From India specially). The new hostels have much better facilities for foreign citizens as compared to the old hostels. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Crimea Federal University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in CFU, Simferopol ?
The classes for Indian students in Crimea Federal University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Crimea, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Crimea Federal University for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Crimea Federal University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All CFU, Simferopol hostels are located within the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel out of campus when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Crimea.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Crimea Federal University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can opt in if they wish to or prepare food themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Crimea Federal University organizes several annual sports (Mostly Cricket tournaments for Indians) and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in CFU, Simferopol paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Crimea can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college immediately after his MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University.
Why to study MBBS in Crimea Federal University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Crimea Federal University are as mentioned below :
- CFU (Crimea Federal University) ranks among top 5 higher medical education institutions in whole of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 100 years old medical university of Russia, Crimea Federal University witnesses huge number of admissions.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Russia due to it’s ranking, highest MCI passing rate & a low fees.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 15 years now.
- More than 10 batches of Indian students have passed out from the English medium MBBS course at the Crimea Federal University.
- The faculty of medicine at CFU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Crimea Federal University is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Crimea Federal University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostel premises so that students do not have to waste time in preparing food themselves.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Crimea Federal University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Crimea Federal University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG too.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from CFU, Simferopol have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Simferopol City :
Simferopol is the capital of the Republic of Crimea that is currently falls under the the administration of Russian Federation. The city has direct connectivity with Kiev as well as Moscow and is the economic, political and transport hub of whole region. Simferopol is located along the famous river Salgir. The region of Crimea is situated on the coasts of Black Sea & Sea of Azov. It has several outstanding beach locations which are a major tourist attraction for thousands of foreigners every year. Simferopol International Airport has direct flights to all major cities in Europe as well Russia.
The city is a major hub of education with several higher education institutions located here. One of them is Crimea Federal University, which in itself is a very huge institutions. It is spread in 42 locations in the city of Simferopol that encompasses 11 academies & 6 colleges for graduate, post-graduate & specialty courses. The university today has more than 1,000 students from India alone studying in the field of medicine. The locals of Simferopol are very friendly as a sort of mixed culture prevails here as thousands of foreign students come to study here every year. According to the Indian students who graduated with MBBS degrees from Crimea, those were the best 6 years of their lives that they spend here.