Sumy State University
Sumy State University was established in the year 1948 and is located in the north eastern part of Ukraine. Today, the university is one of the leading classical medical colleges in Ukraine with level III & IV accreditation in this region. The university has 14,000 students studying currently out of which 1,600 students are from more than 50 different foreign countries. According to the QS World University Rankings, Sumy State University world ranking is among the top 3% of leading universities in whole world with high research activity. According to Unirank University Rankings, Sumy State University ranking in Ukraine stands at 4th position among all MBBS colleges in Ukraine. SSU, Sumy works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). According to the Shanghai Rankings, the university is also included in GRUP i.e. Global Research University Profiles. The university is one of the leading colleges in whole region for MBBS in Ukraine for Ukrainians as well as international students. It provides graduate, post graduate & specialty courses in all fields to students from India. More than 300 students from the Indian sub continent are currently studying MBBS in Sumy. And above all, it is among the top medical universities in Ukraine and ranks within the top 5 universities in Ukraine at present.
MBBS Fees in Sumy State University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,500 / INR 4,55,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 5,200 / INR 3,64,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 32,500 / INR 22,75,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Sumy State University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Sumy State University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Sumy State University
Sumy State University has partnership with more than 200 universities around the world in USA, UK, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, South Korea, China and many other countries. The university provide options of studying MBBS in Ukraine in Russia, Ukrainian & English medium to all students. The duration of English medium MBBS course at university is of 6 years. For the 1st 3 years all theoretical subjects are covered and during the last 3 years, full importance is given to practical and clinical classes. Students get to visit city hospitals and communicate with patients, prepare reports and submit to their professors and doctors. Apart from regular academic training, research work is actively promoted among students. Indian students can also benefit from the various exchange program collaborations that the university has with other institutions around the world. Students get the opportunity to travel with their teachers during vacations and learn new medical knowledge and clinical skills. The total MBBS fees in Sumy State University is much similar to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. However, in the same fees students study MBBS in one of the best MBBS colleges in Ukraine.
Sumy State University Hostels
Sumy State University hostels have several buildings under its administration in it’s campus and few of them are allotted to Indian students. The Sumy University hostels for foreign students (Especially Indians) have better facilities as compared to other Sumy hostels which are allotted to local students of Ukraine. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors and blocks within the hostel premises. All Sumy state University hostels are equipped with modern features, CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. The rooms have options of 2 and 3 seater for students but are allotted by university on first come first serve basis depending on availability. All rooms have study table, study chair, lamps, wardrobe, beds, bed sheets, pillows already set before arrival of students by hostel administration. Gym and reading hall facilities are also available in Sumy State University government hostels. Students can also choose to stay in apartments in city by themselves from 2nd year of education. But, they have to compulsorily stay in government hostel during the 1st year of their MBBS course. Cafetaria is also available within the hostel on ground floor for students to relax during their free time. Sumy State University administration also organizes for celebration of different Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid due to the huge number of Indian students community there. All festivals are celebrated with joy and enthusiasm every year. Annual cultural & sports events are also organized by university every year where foreign students can showcase their talents too.
Sumy State University Faculties
Sumy State University provided bachelors, masters and specialization course option to students. The following faculties are available at university viz. faculty of medicine, economics, international relations, finance, banking, management, marketing, computer sciences, energy management, ecology, mechanics, etc. Most of the international students take MBBS admission in Ukraine at Sumy State University for pursuing medical course. Among all the foreign students, Indians out number all other countries. The university is quite popular among Indian students and every year hundreds of students from Indian sub continent go to Ukraine for studying MBBS at Sumy State University. Medical education is imparted at the medical institute branch of university by highly skilled and trained professors. The professors and all teachers are also highly proficient in speaking English and international students find it very easy to cooperate. The university invites all eligible applicants from all over the world to be a part of this university and create a bright future. The academic session at university begins in the month of September every year, and the applications for admissions here from India can be submitted from the month of March.
Sumy City in Ukraine
Sumy is the capital and administrative capital of Sumy region and is a city in the north eastern part of Ukraine. The city is located on the bank of River Psel, which is a tributary of River Dnieper which originates in Smolensk, Russia. The city lies close to the Russian border and the closest large city near Sumy is Kharkiv. The weather of Sumy is quite the same as Kharkiv i.e. humid continental with cold winters and warm summers. Summers witness a temperature between +20 to +28 degrees Celsius, while during winters the temperatures can fall upto -10 degrees Celsius. The city has a population that comprises over 20% Russians. The city is well connected to nearby cities like Poltava and Kharkiv through rail and road. Trams, trolley-buses, vans, taxis are always for local transport within the city all the time. The city also has an international airport for flights outside Ukraine. Some of the famous places in city are Trinity Cathedral, Catholic Church, Elias Church, Altanka, Shopping Street, City Centre, Hotel Shafran, Exhibition Centre and many beautiful parks in city. The city has several institutions for higher education but Sumy State University is among the most famous ones in whole of Sumy. The city invites all foreign students to come and study MBBS in Sumy State University and be a part of this beautiful city.
Why to study MBBS in Sumy State University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Sumy State University are as mentioned below :
- Sumy State University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Sumy is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Sumy too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Sumy State University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Sumy State University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Sumy State University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Sumy State University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Sumy are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Sumy, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Sumy State University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Sumy State University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Sumy State University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Sumy have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Sumy, Ukraine.
- The city of Sumy in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Sumy, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.