Bukovinian State Medical University
Bukovinian State Medical University was established in the year 1944 and is one of the largest medical colleges in Ukraine in Chernivtsi region. The university had recently celebrated it 65th anniversary of its establishment. The university has level IV accreditation and is also included in the Modern Charta Universitatum (Bologna) and Association of Carpathian Region. Based on the year 2011 Webometrics Ranking of World’s Universities, the university was at 12th position among all medical colleges in Ukraine. And in other rating done by scientific-metric base SCOPUS, BSMU is at 7th rank among all MBBS colleges in Ukraine. The university works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. Bukovinian State Medical University’s ranking comes in the top medical universities in Ukraine and attracts a huge number of international students for MBBS course every year. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). Till date, the university has trained more than 30,000 specialists in medical field since its establishment that are serving in Ukraine and other parts of the world. The university provides training to students at undergraduate, post graduate & doctoral levels.
MBBS Fees in Bukovinian State Medical University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,550 / INR 4,58,500
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,400 / INR 3,08,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 28,550 / INR 19,98,500
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Bukovinian State Medical University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Bukovinian State Medical University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University
Bukovinian State Medical University has an excellent training staff that is highly proficient in pedagogical skills for teaching studying in English medium MBBS in Ukraine. The teaching staff includes 78 doctors of science, 324 candidates of science, 66 professors, 193 associate professors and many more. The university pays equal importance to theoretical as well as practical training in clinics and hospitals in the region of Chernivtsi. Students gain immense practical and clinical knowledge during their tenure of studying MBBS in Ukraine. The medical course is conducted in Russian, Ukrainian and English medium. International students from all around the world apply for studying MBBS in Bukovinian Medical University to secure a seat and get MBBS admission in Ukraine. The duration of MBBS course in English medium is of 6 years. The total MBBS fees in Bukovinian State Medical University is quite similar to other top grade Ukraine government college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine. One of the major benefits of studying here is that Bukovinian has the highest percentage in terms of students from India, who have qualified in MCI Screening test (FMGE) after completion of their MBBS from Ukraine.
Bukovinian State Medical University Hostels
The university has it’s own 7 government hostels for accommodation of foreign students. While some are dedicated for local citizens of Ukraine, some of them are reserved for accommodation of international students from different countries. Bukovinian State Medical University hostels are equipped with most modern facilities, CCTV surveillance, fire alarm safety and round the clock security. It is one unique university, which provides a separate girls hostel for Indian students and has been quite popular among girls from India. All floors of hostels have common washrooms and kitchens with free cooking gas where students can prepare food. Additionally, Indian mess facility is also available at all of the Bukovinian State Medical University’s hostels which can be availed by students at an additional cost and in that they get breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by special Indian cooks. All rooms of hostel have study table, study chair, wardrobe, lamps, beds, bed sheets, pillows, etc. Hostels also have snacks and cafe bars where students can have good and relaxing time. Gym and library facility is available in all government hostels of university too. Students have to compulsorily stay in Bukovinian State Medical University hostels during their 1st year of MBBS, and from 2nd year on wards they can choose to rent an apartment in city and stay by their own. Every ear university organizes cultural and sports annual events for students to showcase their talents. These are administered by the students body which is appointed by university itself.
Bukovinian State Medical University Faculties
At present, the Bukovinian State Med. University has the following faculties functioning actively viz. faculty of general medicine, dentistry, pediatrics, psychology, pharmacy, nursing & faculty of post graduate education. At present, the university has total of 4,413 including more than 1,000 foreign citizens with majority of them being from Asian and especially Indian sub continent. The university is spread across 22 buildings and additional clinical bases where students get to learn practical skills too. The faculty of general medicine is the one that is most popular among international students and most number of foreign students are enrolled every year in faculty of general medicine. During the course of 6 years, for the first 3 years more emphasis is paid to theoretical knowledge and during the last 3 years full importance is given to clinical and hospital classes where students have to interact with patients, prepare reports and report back to their professors and doctors. Bukovinian State Medical University has limited number of MBBS seats for admission every year and hence interested and eligible students must apply well in time for MBBS admission in Ukraine to secure a seat here.
Chernivtsi City in Ukraine
Chernivtsi is located in the western part of Ukraine on the upper course of River Prut. The city is located in the region of Bukovinan which lies between Romania and the northern part of Ukraine. The city of Chernivtsi has a lot of architecturally important building that have been preserved till date and remain an attraction among tourists. One of the most famous of them is the Chernivtsi National University which features Byzantine & Roman architecture. Some of the most common tourist attractions in city are Drama Theatre, Regional Philharmonic Society, Organ and Chamber Music Hall, puppet-theatre, Museum of Local Lore, History and Economy, Museum of Fine Arts, Bukovynian Diaspora Museum, Museum of Folk Architecture and Way of Life, memorial museums of writers, the Central Palace of Culture, the Star Alley in Teatralna Square. The city is a major transit and hub for rail and road transportation and also has an international airport. The city of Chernivtsi & the Bukovinian State Medical University both welcome all eligible students from India and all other countries to study MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University and craft a bright future for themselves that lies ahead of them.
Why to study MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- Bukovinian State Medical University is one of the oldest MBBS colleges in Ukraine that has been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Chernivtsi is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Chernivtsi too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Bukovinian State Medical University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Bukovinian State Medical University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Bukovinian State Medical University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Chernivtsi are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Bukovinian State Medical University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Bukovinian State Medical University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Chernivtsi have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Bukovinian, Ukraine.
- The city of Chernivtsi in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Bukovinian, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.