Black Sea National University
Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University was established in the year 1996 as an extension of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy. The university had witnessed its first graduates in the year 2000 who completed their degrees in finance, environmental sciences & political sciences. In the year 2002 Humanities department was also introduced for education in the university. The university received state status in year 2008 and subsequently the national university status in year 2016. Students were offered to study MBBS in Black Sea National University in year 2015 when the medical department was established here. In the last couple of years, it has become known to most of the students in Ukraine as a low budget destination for studying MBBS in Ukraine. Petro Mohyla BSNU, Mykolaiv works under the governance of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine & Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine. It is also recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) & MCI (Medical Council of India). In the year 2009, the university also became a part of the European Association of Universities and in year 2011, it was the only medical college in Ukraine to have represented Ukraine in Talloires Network Leaders Conference. The university provides graduate, post graduate & specialty course to students from Indian sub continent. Black Sea National University’s ranking have recently seen a rise in position due to the improved quality of education in English medium since past few years.
MBBS Fees in Black Sea National University
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 / INR 3,90,000
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee / Year : USD 4,400 / INR 2,86,000
- Total Course Fee : USD 28,000 / INR 18,20,000
* Yearly fees includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation & medical insurance cost too.
MBBS Duration in Black Sea National University
- Duration of Course : 6 Years
- Medium of Instruction : English
MBBS Eligibility in Black Sea National University
- 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 or equivalent
- Minimum 17 years age till 31st December
- NEET qualification (As per government rules)
MBBS in Black Sea National University
Black Sea National University has different buildings to carry out education in different sectors in it’s own campus. The university has started offering English medium MBBS in Ukraine from this year itself i.e. 2019 for inviting foreign students from across the the the world to be a part of one of the prestigious MBBS colleges in Ukraine. Before this year, the university carried out MBBS admission in Ukraine for students who were interested to study in Black Sea National University in Ukrainian or Russian medium only. Classes for medical education in English medium are carried out at university campus as well as in various hospitals within the city. Equal importance is given to theory as well as practical knowledge that students should have during the course of their education in university. Students get to interact with patients at hospitals and report back to doctors/teachers with their diagnosis so as to be an active part of learning process. The first 3 years of MBBS course for Indian students are inclined towards theory section while the last 3 years are full dedicated towards gaining clinical & practical knowledge. The total fees for MBBS course in English medium at Black Sea National University is much less as compared to other college’s MBBS fees in Ukraine as the university has recently started offering course to international students.
Black Sea National University Hostels
Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University has several of it’s own government hostels for accommodation of students who study in university. But the university has recently assigned few of them for international students who will now be coming to study MBBS in Ukraine. The hostels will have better facilities as compared to other ones which are meant for local nationals. Boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors and blocks within hostel premises. All hostels for foreign students are equipped with modern facilities, security features, CCTV surveillance and round the clock security. Each floor of hostel has common washrooms, toilets and kitchens which are meant for students. Some of the rooms have attached washrooms and kitchens too. Rooms at university are allotted solely on the basis of availability and on a first come first serve basis. All rooms have study table, chairs, lamps, wardrobes, shelves, beds, bed sheets and pillows already provided by hostel administration. Indian mess facility is also available within the hostel premises and students can join it on monthly or yearly basis. Facilities of laundry, gymnasium & cafetaria are also available within the international students hostel. Students have to compulsorily stay in the hostels provided by university in 1st year and after that they can choose to rent an apartment in city and stay by themselves if they feel to.
Black Sea Nation University Faculties
Black Sea National University currently has 9 active faculties that are in operation viz. faculty of general medicine, computer science, economics, law, physical education & sport, philology, public administration & faculty of post graduate education. The faculty of general medicine/medical institute is the one that has recently been launched and is being promoted very actively everywhere in Ukraine, Europe as well as other countries like India. Hundreds of students from India are already enrolled & studying MBBS (English medium) in Black Sea University at present. The teachers, professors and doctors involved in training of foreign students to study medicine in English medium are highly skilled in their fields as well as verbally in English to understand international students. The university has made a set of eligibility rules which a student must fulfill to be eligible to take admission in university. The university aspires in future to accept as many students as possible from around the world and help them to create a best future for themselves and help humanity with the excellent skills that they learn at Black Sea National University. Students from India who are interested to study MBBS in Black Sea can submit application from the month of March for the academic session that begins in September every year.
Mykolaiv (Nykolaiv) City in Ukraine
The city of Mykolaiv is situated only 65 kms. from the Black Sea and lies in the Ukraine’s steppes peninsula. It is the capital city of the Mykolaiv Region. The city is famous for building ships and has 3 shipyards in the city region itself and in addition has several research institutes for the same. The city is quite important to Ukraine geographically due to the presence of a large sea port and a commercial port too. The city has been built in a very planned way, has a lot of parks and almost all main streets are well lined by trees. Apart from the name i.e. Mykolaiv (In Ukrainian), the city is also known as Nikolaev in Russian language. The nearest large city to Mykolaiv is Odessa, which is 132 kms. from here. The city is well connected by air, road and railways to other parts of city. However, passenger operations at airport are much less as compared to commercial ones and passengers generally travel to Odessa to continue their air journey. There are several universities in the city of Mykolaiv and Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University is among one of the. The city is very welcoming to foreigners and invites all aspiring and eligible students from India to come and reap the benefits of MBBS in Ukraine by enrolling in MBBS in English medium course at Mykolaiv.
Why to study MBBS in Black Sea National University, Ukraine ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Black Sea National University are as mentioned below :
- Black Sea National University is one of the top medical universities in Ukraine been providing MBBS education to Indian students since several years and has been very successful at it.
- The standard of MBBS education adopted and taught to Indian students in Mykolaiv is nothing less than top medical universities located in western part of the world and Europe.
- The university has partnership and exchange programs with numerous reputed medical universities located in Europe and other parts of the world. These MBBS exchange programs can be utilized by Indian student studying MBBS in Mykolaiv too.
- In addition to hundreds of Indian students, many students from other parts of the world also take MBBS admission in Black Sea National University every year and this provides an opportunity for Indian students to directly interact with them and learn new cultures.
- The total MBBS fees in Black Sea National University is very less as compared to MBBS course in other parts of European countries which charge a hefty amount from Indian students.
- Indian students studying MBBS in Black Sea National University get ample exposure to clinical classes as from 3rd year most of their classes are conducted in government hospitals located within the city and get to interact with patients and give their diagnosis.
- Indian students who took MBBS admission in Black Sea National University and graduated from it have shown excellent results in not only MCI Screening Test (FMGE) but also in various other country’s licensing exams like USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indian students who became doctors from Mykolaiv are today practicing in India and other parts of the world which proves the quality of MBBS in Mykolaiv, Ukraine.
- The total number of Indian students studying MBBS in Black Sea National University at present is more than 500 already, which gives a clear picture of the large community of Indians students studying here.
- Indian students get the opportunity to participate in various research and scientific activities with senior professors and teachers during their MBBS in Black Sea National University.
- Hostel accommodation is organized in such way that Indian boys and girls have separate floors or blocks. In addition to this, separate hostels for boys and girls are also available and can be chosen by Indian students, if required.
- Indian mess is available for Indian students where all Indian cuisines are available and the food is also prepared by Indian cook so as to give the best food to students. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options are also available.
- Black Sea National University is a “National” level medical university for MBBS in Ukraine and holds the highest level of accreditation from Ukraine government which a university can attain.
- As the native Ukrainian teachers in Mykolaiv have already been teaching Indian students MBBS in English medium since a long time, they are very fluent in English language and helps students to easily interact with teachers irrespective of any local language bar.
- Indian students get the opportunity to take part in various co-curricular activities organized by university every year like sports, cultural events, talent events, etc.
- The local people of Ukraine i.e. Ukrainians are very friendly and keen to interact with foreign students, especially Indian students and this leads to students leading a peaceful life during their MBBS in Black Sea, Ukraine.
- The city of Mykolaiv in itself is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Ukraine and this provides for a perfect atmosphere for Indian students to completely focus on their MBBS in Black Sea, Ukraine during their entire tenure of 6 years.