Bashkir State Medical University (Russia)
Bashkir State Medical University was established in the year 1932 and is situated in city of Ufa which is the capital of Bashkortostan Republic of Russian Federation. It is one of the popular & renowned higher medical education institutions in Russia for Indian students. BSMU, Ufa currently offers one of the lowest MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The total MBBS fees in Bashkir for 2022 (September) is very low (Indian Rupees 19.53 Lacs) as compared to all other universities in the Russian Federation where most Indians travel to pursue medical education. The process of MBBS admission in Bashkir is simple with minimal documentation (If the student fits in the eligibility criteria).
BSMU (Bashkir State Medical University) functions under the governance of the Ministry of Health & Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russian Federation. The university has over 8,000 medical students which comprises of 850+ foreign students, 1,000 clinical residents & Ph.D. students and 7,000 postgraduate professional trainees. Till date, more than 400 students from India have taken admission in Bashkir to pursue English medium MBBS course in Russia. Among all foreign students studying medicine in Bashkir, Indian students comprise the major part of them.
Bashkir State Medical University ranks on 12th position among all Russian universities that fall under the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia (According to the ranking published by Indian Embassy in Moscow for Indian students). The university is one of the classical medical colleges in Russia that offers medical, dental & pharmaceutical courses to students from Russia & different parts of world. It has been over 6 years now when university launched the English medium MBBS course in Russia for students from other countries. Since then the university remains a popular choice among students from India and and several other countries.
What is the total MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University ?
The total MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University is 19.53 Lacs (Indian Rupees) for Indian students. The detailed MBBS fee in Bashkir for 2022 (September Session) is given below :
- 1st Year : USD 5,900 / INR 4,13,000
- 2nd-6th/Year : USD 4,400 / INR 3,08,000
- Total Fees : USD 27,900 / INR 19,53,000
* The MBBS fee structure of Bashkir State Medical University given above includes tuition fees, hostel accommodation, medical checkup, medical insurance, visa extension & misc. charges.
What is the MBBS eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University for Indian students ?
The MBBS eligibility in Bashkir State Medical University (Russia) for admission of Indian students is as below :
- 50% Marks in PCB (In 12th/Inter/Equivalent)
- NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022)
- Minimum 17 years age (Till 31st December)
* Indian students should apply for MBBS admission in Bashkir soon as very limited seats are available.
How to apply for MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University ?
Students from India and other foreign countries can apply for MBBS admission in Bashkir through a very simple admission procedure as outlined below :
- Student should submit scans of 10th, 12th/Inter marksheets and NEET qualification (2020/2021/2022).
- University will issue the confirmed admission letter on the basis of documents submitted by candidate.
- Student must submit the scans of valid passport for invitation letter issuance.
- University will issue the invitation letter for study visa & student’s entry to Russia.
- Student must submit original marksheets, passport & few additional documents for study visa from embassy.
- We will assist students for currency exchange & ticket booking before departure from India.
- Student groups are organized at airport and they depart in batches from New Delhi (IGI Airport) to Russia.
- One of our representatives meets the student group at airport in Russia and provides them transport to hostel.
- All formalities of medical checkup, visa extension, contract signing, etc. are completed by our representative in Russia.
* All eligible candidates can apply for MBBS admission in Russia online too (Due to Covid-19 pandemic) or can visit any of our offices given on website with prior appointment.
Is Bashkir State Medical University recognized by MCI/NMC & WHO ?
Yes, Bashkir State Medical University is recognized by MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO (World Health Organization). This clears 2 major doubts for all students as given below :
- All Indian students who get MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University (Russia) can appear in the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India. After passing this test, they can work as a registered medical practitioner in India (Either in government & private sector).
- These students can appear in entrance exam of any country for post-graduation as Bashkir State Medical University is included in the list of recognized/approved medical colleges in Russia published by WHO as per global norms.
What is the ranking of Bashkir State Medical University in Russia ?
Bashkir State Medical University ranks on 12th place among all medical institutions in Russia according to the Indian Embassy in Moscow (Russia), that issues advisory for Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS in Russia. The university is one of the top medical universities of Russia that foreign students choose to pursue medical education in graduate & post graduate courses. It offers one of the lowest MBBS fee structure to all international students for medical education in Russia in English medium.
BSMU, Ufa is one of the best medical colleges of Russia which was established in the year 1932. It is one of those institution that is gaining immense popularity among Indian students in a very short span of time especially due to the low fee & English medium course. The college currently has more than 400 Indian students studying medicine in English medium.
What is the duration & medium of instruction in Bashkir State Medical University ?
The total duration of MBBS course in Bashkir State Medical University is 6 years for Indian students. The exact duration of course in all government medical universities of Russia is 5 years 8 months. This duration is in general considered as 6 years as all foreign students spends full 6 years in Russia during their course of medical education. The total course duration includes internship also that is required for working as medical practitioner in Russia & neighboring countries.
The medium of instruction in Bashkir State Medical University for all foreign students is English. All the tests, exams & classes are conducted in English by teachers/professors/doctors for Indians. The university has experienced and good English speaking faculty for foreigners. It has been approx. 6 years when the MBBS course in English medium was started in Ufa for Indian students. All medical books by Indian writers are also available in university library and often referred during classes. This helps the students to be prepared for their MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after MBBS from Bashkir.
What are the teaching faculties in BSMU, Ufa ?
The faculties at Bashkir State Medical University (Russia) that are active at present and provide training to Russian & foreign students are :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Nursing Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Faculty of Post-graduation
- Preparatory/Language Faculty
The universities provides training in various disciplines for graduate, post-graduate & preparatory/language courses. The faculty of general medicine is one of the the most chosen faculties by Indian students & receives most number of applications for MBBS admission in Russia every year. All hostels are located near the main campus so Indian students don’t have to travel any far from their hostels for attending classes. Most of the students from India who apply for admission in Bashkir State Medical University choose to study in faculty of general medicine only.
How are classes conducted in BSMU, Ufa ?
The classes for Indian students in Bashkir State Medical University comprise of 12-15 foreign students. These small groups perhaps helps them to learn and understand better. Indians begin their classes with a revision of science subjects and selected medical subjects (Anatomy & Histology) during 1st semester. Apart from this, local language (Russian) is also taught as a subject from the very beginning. This helps them to start interacting with local people for their their daily activities outside college/university.
During the first 2 years of MBBS course in Bashkir, emphasis is given to theoretical subjects. Students attend all of their classes within university campus. From 3rd year onwards, they have to visit hospitals in city and interact with local patients. By this time, Indian students become fluent in local language & do not face any problems in understanding local patients. This makes it easier for them to report back to their professor/doctor in English who evaluates their performance. The time students spend in hospitals for these clinical/practical classes increases with every further year.
What are the hostel facilities in Bashkir State Medical University for Indian students ?
Several hostels for Indian students in Bashkir State Medical University are available within the main college campus area. A brief overview of the facilities at hostels is as below :
- All BSMU, Ufa hostels are located near the main campus & students can attend most classes in college at a walking distance.
- Indians only have to travel far from hostels when they have to attend classes in hospitals from 3rd year onwards.
- All the hostels has CCTV surveillance system & fire alarm safety system installed for the safety of foreigners.
- Students can choose 2/3/4 seater rooms which have with study tables & chairs, beds, bed-sheets, wardrobe, lamps, etc.
- They can also submit application to hostel administration, if they wish to the change their room or upgrade it to a 2/3 seater room.
- Indian boys and girls are provided accommodation on separate floors or separate hostels with complete separation.
- The hostels have facilities of kitchens, laundry, sports hall & reading hall within it’s premises on each each floor.
- It is compulsory for Indian students to stay in hostel provided by college during the first year of their MBBS in Bashkir.
- From 2nd year onwards, they can choose to rent a flat/apartments or continue to stay in college hostel.
- Indian mess facility is available in all hostels of Bashkir State Medical University where they can have breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- The Indian mess is not compulsory for students in 1st year & they can opt in if they wish to or prepare food themselves in hostel kitchens.
- All Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi & Eid are also celebrated among Indian students with enthusiasm and joy every year in hostel.
- Bashkir State Medical University organizes several annual sports and cultural events for students to showcase their skills & talents.
How is MBBS fees in BSMU, Ufa paid by Indian students ?
The MBBS fees in Bashkir can be paid through 2 methods. First & most widely adopted method is by which the students carry the fees with themselves from India. They purchase US Dollars in Delhi before departure & pay after arrival in Russia. Second and the rare one is when the students pays fees through bank loan. As the bank does not provide the loan amount to parent, they ask for the college account number for online transfer. In this method, the candidate must confirm transfer of fees to college after his MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University.
Why to study MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University, Russia ?
Some of useful facts which might make it easier for a student to decide about studying MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University are as mentioned below :
- BSMU (Bashkir State Medical University) ranks among the popular medical education institutions in whole of Russian Federation.
- It has recognition from MCI/NMC (National Medical Commission) as well as WHO, so the medical degree is valid in whole world.
- Being a more than 88 years old medical university of Russia, Bashkir State Medical University witnesses huge number of admissions.
- It is one of the top choices of Indian students for MBBS in whole Russia due to it’s low fees & good hostel facilities especially.
- The university has been training foreign students (Including Indians) in English medium since more than 6 years now.
- The faculty of medicine at BSMU is highly experienced & skilled in training Indian students in field of medicine in English medium.
- Students get ample exposure to clinical & practical sessions by interacting with local patients in hospitals under doctor’s supervision.
- The total MBBS fees in Bashkir State Medical University is one of the lowest which any college offers for English medium medical course.
- MBBS admission in Bashkir State Medical University is quite simple & straight forward with an easily achievable eligibility requirement.
- By the time students complete their medical course, they have full command over another foreign language too i.e. Russian.
Steps after MBBS from Bashkir State Medical University (Russia) :
Some of the most important points that all Indian students who graduate after MBBS from Bashkir State Medical University, Russia must be aware of are :
- All Indian students must appear and qualify the MCI Screening Test/FMGE/NExT in India after they receive MD (Physician) degree.
- This MD (Physician) degree equivalent to the MBBS degree in India and has no difference.
- The FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Exam)/NeXT (National Exit Test) is organized twice every year i.e. in June & December.
- This is a qualifying exam in online mode and students must score 50% marks to pass it.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student can appear in this exam until he clears it.
- They have to serve 1 year internship in India after clearing this test in any part of India.
- The students get permanent registration in India once they complete their internship in India.
- Doctors can now either work in government/private hospitals or run their own clinics in India or appear in NEET PG.
- Doctors who want to pursue further PG education in English speaking countries can appear in USMLE, PLAB, NZREX, etc.
- Hundreds of Indians from BSMU, Ufa have cleared their exams in India & are currently working successfully in India.
About Ufa City :
Ufa is the capital of Bashkortostan state of Russia & is also the 11th most populated city in whole country. The city is considered as one the best in Russia for business opportunities. The city of Ufa lies in the eastern part of Russia with it’s border almost touching many CIS countries. The majority of population in the Bashkortostan Republic comprises of Russians, Tatars & Bashkirs. Ufa is linked to other major cities of Russia through roads, rail & air ways. The railway station of Ufa is a part of the well known Trans-Siberian railway line too.
Ufa has an international airport and students from India can land directly in Ufa via transit in Moscow. The city has well maintained network of public transport which includes trams, trolley buses, vans and taxis. Apart from Bashkir State Medical University, the city is also a hub for engineering, aviation & petroleum courses offered by several other state universities in city. As BSMU has limited number of MBBS seats, students from India who are interested to study MBBS in Ufa must apply well in time to get a confirmed seat.